OnePlus 7 Pro battery/heating feedback thread

1. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 7, 2020

Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Dec 7, 2020 :
    Optimize what? Charging is very good in OnePlus, 65watts is more than enough.

2. Hitzilla4
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2020

Hitzilla4 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 7, 2020 :
    There's just nothing much to differentiate as from before. Oneplus used to be the fastest in my opinion. Now, Samsung has their Oneui 2.5 which is pretty good. Even Coloros from oppo has improved significantly.

3. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 7, 2020

Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Dec 7, 2020 :
    imo OOS 11 is very much better than thoose 2 OS you mentioned

Hitzilla4 likes this.
  4. Hitzilla4
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2020

Hitzilla4 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 7, 2020 :
    💯 agreed. That's why I'm with OnePlus. Just kinda worried that OnePlus Oos 11 is like samsung just with Samsung having more features. Many of my friends don't like the Oos 11. I don't mind it though as it improves one hand usability.

Batman360 likes this.
  5. ABDULLAH.ASHOUR
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2020

ABDULLAH.ASHOUR , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 7, 2020 :
    1607325185675.jpg
    Can anyone help me?

The Gallery app consumes (drains) a lot of battery
    The application consumes more than 40% of the battery every day...
    Even though I don't use the app very much

Is there a solution to this problem?

6. AdityaMagdum108 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Don't worry. Some updates may include ideas which are already covered in some other firm's software update. It is inevitable. But hope OnePlus learns from this and avoids it in the future.

Hitzilla4 likes this.
  7. AdityaMagdum108 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 8, 2020 :
    One more thing I would like to see in the future Oxygen OS 11 update is that they include the same wallpapers as given in the phones from the time of manufacturing asking with introducing new ones. Not everybody may go with the new live wallpaper.

8. AdityaMagdum108 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Try force stopping it every time it consumes battery. Or just backup your photos to an external storage device like a harddrive or a pendrive and delete all photos. Also optimising the app seems a good solution.
    If nothing helps then report the problem on their page on play store.

ABDULLAH.ASHOUR likes this.
  9. AdityaMagdum108 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 8, 2020 :
    I think your problem is genuine and rare. Approach the service center by fixing an appointment. If you are a warranty holder request then to either fix the problem or ask for an exchange with a better device (same model).

10. ABDULLAH.ASHOUR
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2020

ABDULLAH.ASHOUR , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Thank you
    I did all of that but it wasn't good
    I will report on play store

AdityaMagdum108 likes this.
  11. dchatb
    Eclair Dec 8, 2020

12. Jakss
    Froyo Dec 8, 2020

Jakss , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 8, 2020 :
    I usually get about 4h of SOT but at the same time I quite a lot use 4g, my resolution is at max and the refresh rate is at 90 so I guess it's kinda expected. To be honest the 7 Pro for me never had great battery life to begin with but it's somewhat better than my last phone (Galaxy S9).
    I've never had any issues with overheating, the phone has always stayed cool to the touch.

13. AdityaMagdum108 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Dec 8, 2020 :
    One invisible source of battery heating is the one which is most ignored. It is heat from the surroundings. As the device is exposed to heat the battery warms up. At one point it drains the battery quite fast. So one tip would be to keep the device at a normal temperature surrounding. Other tip would be to protect the device with a case or cover

14. Kuljeet23
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2020

15. nicepower
    Donut Dec 9, 2020

16. _Bharat_
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2020

quinita likes this.
  17. quinitaa
    Froyo Dec 10, 2020