Oneplus 7 Pro Camera Shutter Lag

1. Santastic Donut Jun 1, 2019

Santastic, Jun 1, 2019 :
    I have noticed that there is significant amount of shutter lag on the Oneplus 7 pro and it is the first phone that i have noticed as i came from an Iphone XR and was previously also using S10 ...there was nothing that i could notice and the shutter lag is present in daylight shots as well. This is unacceptable. I hope i am not only the one with this issue.

2. E1513091705018 Honeycomb Jun 1, 2019

malidan, WasD24 and Santastic like this.
  3. Santastic Donut Jun 1, 2019

Santastic, Jun 1, 2019 :
    Agreed...This phone has all that takes for taking awesome pics yet it fails to do the basic things properly.I use the camera a lot and if Oneplus doesn't fix this I am going to switch to something else for sure. What will i do with SMOOOOOOTH shutter lag on this thing.

pharrellt and WasD24 like this.
  4. AbuKole2 Eclair Jun 6, 2019

AbuKole2, Jun 6, 2019 :
    I'll go ahead and say it (camera gripe)
    I'm sorry. I love this company and I've owned every model from the beginning except the OPX. But the fact remains that, as awesome as the OnePlus 7 Pro is, the camera is still way behind the top of the line. The lag time between button press and shutter click is ridiculous, especially considering the phone can't deal with any motion. Pro Mode aside, I should be able to take great pictures in auto mode with a Flagship Device. Nothing about this phone gives me confidence I'll be able to do that like I can with the Pixel 3, or even the iPhone XS Max. I LOVE the 90hz display, but can the OnePlus 7T Pro HONEST PLEASE have a legit camera?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019

5. borak shalaan Froyo Jun 6, 2019

borak shalaan, Jun 6, 2019 :
    I have to say, that the overall image quality is not that great when in indirect sunlight (for example mid-day inside your house). for comparison to the OnePlus 5, wich i was actually very very very happy with at that time

6. Buic Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

Buic, Jun 6, 2019 :
    Yeah camera software is wierd sometimes I can make good photos but other times the picture looks so bad :S

7. rapidben Eclair Jun 6, 2019

rapidben, Jun 6, 2019 :
    Count me in. I really wanted to use the 7 pro as I wanted something different from iOS. I was coming from an iPhone XS Max where I did not see the issue. But the lag is so obvious and annoying, as you said, it persists even on broad daylight shots. Hopefully @Carl and @Manu J. can push a fix for this sometime in the future but I doubt it.

bradamos and Santastic like this.
  8. mojoyoyo77 Lollipop Senior Moderator Jun 6, 2019

mojoyoyo77, Jun 6, 2019 :
    Fused thread

9. I1559120828434 Donut Jun 6, 2019

10. pharrellt Froyo Jun 12, 2019

pharrellt, Jun 12, 2019 :
    sometimes when i open camera app it just freezes.about 5 sec.
    then when i want to take a picture it shows that i just made photo. but when i check for photo in storage there is no photo ;)
    and sometimes phone just stucks on some shity stuff.and it looks like its locked but its not. on screen appears finger print button and it stays ;)))

G_Udit_Sharma_AMwi and shubhs77 like this.
  11. shubhs77 Cupcake Jul 3, 2019

shubhs77, Jul 3, 2019 :
    same here my friend..i sometimes feel i was better with my iPhone.. mobile companies these days are racing to launch new phones and not doing enough QA. when it comes to big money there is no forgiving. The experience may never never take me back to OP or even android per say.

G_Udit_Sharma_AMwi and Santastic like this.
  12. shubhs77 Cupcake Jul 3, 2019

shubhs77, Jul 3, 2019 :
    happens with me exactly

pharrellt likes this.
  13. T1513871608533 Donut Jul 3, 2019

T1513871608533, Jul 3, 2019 :
    camera lag is a real shit seriously and even entire phone get hang one plus please do something or don't sell such shit in future that to in 50k price

14. markogin Donut Jul 8, 2019

markogin, Jul 8, 2019 :
    Yeah, sometimes it is so laggy that I think the camera is frozen.....then it comes to life. I love the phone and software but is true that on this department iPhone is much better, I moved from an XS Max to this phone and I don't regret it other than for the camera

bradamos and shubhs77 like this.
  15. G_Udit_Sharma_AMwi Donut Jul 20, 2019

G_Udit_Sharma_AMwi, Jul 20, 2019 :
    I bought 7 pro two days back am am satisfied with it's overall performance but the camera shutter lag is so annoying.....premium flagship phones can't afford to have this kind of lag, it kind of erodes whole experience. I am wondering if I should return back this phone and go with iPhone instead..... hopefully oneplus fix this issue soon as it's present across all oneplus 7 and 7 pro......I don't know how one plus missed this aspect and rolled out these phones with such substandard camera experience. really disappointed coz I upgraded from oneplus 3T to 7 pro....I think I need to change my allegiance.

16. pharrellt Froyo Jul 20, 2019

pharrellt, Jul 20, 2019 :
    after update.
    nothing changed
    still feeezing still lagging

bradamos and shubhs77 like this.
  17. Amink2444 Cupcake Jul 20, 2019

Amink2444, Jul 20, 2019 :
    same goes to me.plz send a good update of camera so that it's doesn't lag while opening camera app.

pharrellt and bradamos like this.
  18. pharrellt Froyo Jul 21, 2019

pharrellt, Jul 21, 2019 :
    my screen started to blink like its one or few pixels gone
    in the right uper screen section.
    and its so annoying.
    its the shittiest phone of op.
    sorry guys.
    thats really shame of you guys.
    really i want to send it back.
    daam and i put my whole fam on this stuff ;(
    my wife took back my op6 with 8 gb ram.
    mother and father they are slower so for them fits.
    but for me ;( dam

Santastic likes this.
  19. F_Sagar_Saywankar_uFNg Gingerbread Jul 21, 2019

20. theguitarmaster Eclair Jul 27, 2019

theguitarmaster, Jul 27, 2019 :
    Registering another case here... Camera has a real lag when you first open it. Open camera, looks ready to go, press capture button but everything freezes for a second or two. It's only minor but enough to be annoying for a brand new top of the range, high performance phone. Why the lag? What is it doing? Waiting on a DNS request? Location? Just sort it out!!!

pharrellt and Santastic like this.