OnePlus 7 pro disappointment.

1. cdenigris
    Donut Jul 27, 2019

cdenigris , Jul 27, 2019 :
    The one plus 7 pro is a disappointing device. It's smooth and stock Android is great but it is my least favorite to device so far. The curved screen is not something I like. It is ridiculously heavy and arguably getting to be too tall as well. Women do not even want phone this big for their small pockets and as a man it would be great to not feel like I'm holding a brick while typing a text or this feedback. The stereo speakers are fake. It's the same old speaker on the bottom with one added to the top and while the phone takes good photos, they simply could be even better in this price range, there is also a strange light that follows the lense. So I'm giving up on the one plus 7 pro and going back to my OnePlus 6 which I thought was heavy after my 5 until I started using this 7 pro. I hope these issues can be addressed in the future. The main thing is weight. Lighten this thing up.

Georgeoneplus7pro and 404.php like this.
  2. Budruel
    KitKat Jul 27, 2019

Budruel , Jul 27, 2019 :
    I don't know whether to cry or laugh ...
    llorar-y-reír.gif

3. Nhas81
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

Nhas81 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Mejor reir Better laugh because I doubt he didn't even have the phone

prudhvi_nakkina and Budruel like this.
  4. Jeramy_Koval
    Froyo Jul 27, 2019

Jeramy_Koval , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But ultimately it's just that. The phone has been out for nearly 2 months now with plenty of reviews. There should be no surprises at this point.

docbabloo, jstiggie, tomy7930 and 4 others like this.
  5. cdenigris
    Donut Jul 27, 2019

cdenigris , Jul 27, 2019 :
    I have the device and I'm returning it and going back to OP6. the reviews can't really state how heavy and bulky the OP7 pro is. The curved screen is not useful at all and the lack of notifications when the screen is off is problematic. battery life is also sub par. So I don't care if you cry or laugh. each OP gets heavier every year but isn't really gaining features to warrant weight. Time to go back to the drawing board. Can't be spending such ridiculous money for such minor changes that are resulting in heavier devices.

404.php likes this.
  6. djaidyc
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

djaidyc , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Don't worry, I'm sure this phone will feel lighter when the OnePlus 8 comes out!

7. 404.php
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2019

404.php , Jul 27, 2019 :
    I totally agree with the OP. It's heavy and very difficult to hold long term thanks to the curved screen/glass. I gave it a month. Now, I'm going back to the Pixel 3.

To OnePlus/OPPO: Plz stop trying to copy Samsung's design and start to think outside the box just like your pop-up cam. Think about how users use a phone rather than designing it to just to be the first to do it. Thx

tomy7930, Yaby1979 and cdenigris like this.
  8. Cobra818
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

Cobra818 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    even i went for 7 rather than pro Because it's weight and slow pop up face recognize

tomy7930 and cdenigris like this.
  9. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jul 27, 2019

hotsauce , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Women dont carry phones in our pockets. We carry them inside purses or across our chest in our sport bra.

[​IMG]

10. Matt 80
    Lollipop Jul 27, 2019

Matt 80 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

jstiggie, script, Nine2Five and 8 others like this.
  11. Cobra818
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

Cobra818 , Jul 27, 2019 :

hotsauce

Women dont carry phones in our pockets. We carry them inside purses or across our chest in our sport bra.

[​IMG]

she could barely fit iPhone 6 i guess with such a big cushion which i doubt not many women are blessed with.

Yaby1979 likes this.
  12. swrogers
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

swrogers , Jul 28, 2019 :
    Definitely to each their own. One of the reasons that I picked this phone up was because of its heft. Granted the screen is also great, but I like how weighty it is.

That and I'm sick of spending $1000-1200 bucks on a phone.

docbabloo, Discostu and JRock121 like this.
  13. malidan
    Marshmallow Jul 28, 2019

malidan , Jul 28, 2019 :
    Nobody told you to spend 1000 -1200, so why are you whinging? And that is if if you did in the first place.:rolleyes:

14. swrogers
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

swrogers , Jul 28, 2019 :
    You're right, nobody told me to spend that much on a phone. Prior to making my decision it was either the OnePlus 7 Pro or the upcoming Note 10+. I decided that I didn't want to pay that much for a phone. So I went with the 7 Pro.

15. malidan
    Marshmallow Jul 28, 2019

malidan , Jul 28, 2019 :
    Ok nice story.:rolleyes:

You said

Which means you have previously spent.:tearsofjoy:

Why you guys feel you need to make stuff up is beyond me.:rolleyes:

TalGloz likes this.
  16. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2019

17. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2019

Discostu , Jul 29, 2019 :

swrogers

You're right, nobody told me to spend that much on a phone. Prior to making my decision it was either the OnePlus 7 Pro or the upcoming Note 10+. I decided that I didn't want to pay that much for a phone. So I went with the 7 Pro.​

Agree. For what you get the Pro is a good device and time will tell how expensive the new Note device will be.

Everyone has a line the draw in the sand for a phone, and years of spending a fortune eventually catch up and make you think about how better to spend your money.

I'm also with you on the weight. I'm sick of holding a phone that feels like it'll snap in half or blow away in the slightest breeze. Heft can instil confidence for some people and give the impression of a quality product.

swrogers likes this.
  18. techguy378
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2019

techguy378 , Aug 14, 2019 :
    The OnePlus 7 Pro is a very manly phone. I love that it's big and very heavy. Phones aren't this big and heavy unless they are very durable and can take significant abuse. The dual band GPS is more accurate than any other phone in existence. Nobody's phone has more accurate GPS than the OnePlus 7 Pro. This phone is also the fastest phone money can buy. The only downside is the lack of wireless charging. It's the most annoying thing in the world to have to plug a cable into a phone.

19. TheMysticalShaman
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2019

TheMysticalShaman , Aug 14, 2019 :
    OnePlus will be releasing a new version of Oxygen OS. Oxygen Light OS. Oxygen Light OS will remove a few grams of weight from the OnePlus 7 Pro.

vynzzo and Budruel like this.
  20. TheMysticalShaman
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2019