OnePlus 7 pro ear piece noise

1. GioMez
    Froyo May 27, 2019

GioMez , May 27, 2019 :
    It seems to be related also to WiFi. If I disable the noise almost disappears. I also tried running a speed test with WiFi active and the interference sound increased a lot!

UPDATE: Either with WiFi enabled or disabled, with OP7 in stand by the noise is audible.

Last edited: May 28, 2019

2. cochram73
    Cupcake May 29, 2019

cochram73 , May 29, 2019 :
    I also hear a lot of noise always on all calls ... an eco type noise... The noise Is for the people that receive my call phone

3. alami.shayan
    Froyo May 29, 2019

alami.shayan , May 29, 2019 :
    this noise and caller hearing himself (echo) was on op3 too. i hope they improve the noise cancelling more with the updates.

4. pezzer310
    Cupcake May 30, 2019

pezzer310 , May 30, 2019 :
    I've experienced the noise during a phone call, and it was not that subtle. The noise also persists if I just put my ear to the earpiece. The noise while not in a call is similar to the in call noise but quieter. I've also owned a Axon 7 which had Dolby Atmos in it, and at least on that phone, it experienced the similar general noise out of the speakers with Dolby enabled. When you disabled the Dolby, the noise completely went away. The OP7pro doesn't offer the ability to turn off Dolby, at least I can't find one to check that theory.

5. PaulAnton
    Donut Jun 5, 2019

PaulAnton , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I performed a full reset (as advised by support) of the phone but the problem unfortunately persists. The electric noise from the ear piece very noticeable during phone calls via the SIM card and not as much pronounced during Whats App calls.

6. spyros_kast
    Froyo Jun 5, 2019

7. Ytim
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

Ytim , Jun 7, 2019 :
    I have such a problem too. Hope to fix it with updates.

8. Ytim
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

9. pezzer310
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

pezzer310 , Jun 7, 2019 :
    I ended up returning mine and bought another to see if it is phone specific or not.

10. Ytim
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

Ytim , Jun 7, 2019 :
    When I turn off wi-fi and disable "scan always available" item in the wi-fi settings, then the noise will disappear.

GioMez likes this.
  11. bdalaly
    Eclair Jun 19, 2019

bdalaly , Jun 19, 2019 :
    so I got an RMA for the phone and the new one does the same thing. I read on another forum that the issue could be coming from the ultrasonic proximity sensor under the screen. I guess it's a new technology that uses some sort of waves to determine how close your face is to the screen.

I notice I don't hear the noise on speakerphone, or if my ear doesn't touch the screen. as soon as my ear makes contact with the screen I can hear it again.

I'm not sure if this component is something that can be addressed with software but it's damn annoying.

Dgrigoriu likes this.
  12. PaulAnton
    Donut Jun 19, 2019

IV_OP likes this.
  13. pezzer310
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2019

pezzer310 , Jun 19, 2019 :
    I also applied for an RMA, and the second phone I got does not have the issue at all. As I powered up the new phone, I checked for the noise during every step of installation.

- Turning on the phone, no sim card.
    - Turning on wifi to configure the phone without sim.
    - Turning on BT.
    - Finally inserting the SIM card and making a phone call.

At least for me, this seems to be a hardware specific related issue.

Edited:
    Adding specifics about phone.
    Model - GM1917
    Build Date - 2019-05-31

Neither OS build seemed to have any influence on the noise issue with the new phone. My previous RMA phone had the noise issue regardless of OS build which is why I believe it to be an actual hardware issue.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019

PaulAnton likes this.
  14. _Orestis_Vogiatzis_
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

_Orestis_Vogiatzis_ , Jun 28, 2019 :
    Guys I also have the same annoying problem.
    I own a 7 pro since the beginning of the month.
    Model - GM1913.
    I noticed right away this annoying sound.
    I waited for an update but nothing fixed the problem.
    I applied for repair as support suggested me.
    I shipped it back and 1 week later(today) they send me back my device. The problem unfortunately still exists.
    So couple of minutes ago I called the support again asking if I can have a replacement.
    They told me that I should send the device again and if in the second repair they will also send me back the device with the same problem, only then I can apply for a replacement.
    Repair policy.
    Can you tell me guys if you had the same instructions?

15. pezzer310
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

pezzer310 , Jun 30, 2019 :
    So when I did it, I returned my first phone within the return period and then ordered a completely new phone. I figured this would be the only way to make sure they didn't send me back the same phone with the same issue.

That second phone didn't have the problem. Ultimately, I still returned the second one I got, which didn't have the issue, and instead imported a OnePlus 7, not the Pro. The sound is great, as are the other features, and I saved some $$, while being able to retain the flat screen (can't stand the curved screens).

The 7 I got has the same audio upgrade as the Pro, and I do not hear any noise issues as I found on the Pro. I would consider the Pro to have an assembly issue since it's a new design and form factor for OnePlus.

Long story shorter; keep returning it until you can get a different Pro.

16. amlanbaidya
    Froyo Jun 30, 2019

17. _Orestis_Vogiatzis_
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2019

_Orestis_Vogiatzis_ , Jul 18, 2019 :
    Hi guys,

a quick update for my situation.

I sent my device again for repair on 1th of July after 3 days I got it from the first repair since they didnt fix the problem.
    Now they are still waiting for some spare parts and they have not informed me if they did find the problem or when I am going to have my device back. Its been 1 month now.
    In conclusion DO Not wait for an update. I bought the device on 3rd of June and I had the device in my hand for 12 days hoping that the problem is going to be fixed by an update. After these 12 days I sent my device for repair and since then I am still waiting from them to fix the issue.
    They told me that since the first 14 days passed I can not ask for replacement and if the second repair is also a failure only then I can ask for a replacement.

I bought a device for 750 euros,still waiting for more than a month now to be "fixed" twice and I should mention that when they sent me back my device from the first repair, the device box was heavily damaged for which I also complained but nothing happened.

So far I am disappointed to a level I totally regret my decision buying this device. Send your device for repair or ask for a replacement as soon as possible

Also if you thing I should do something else please let me know. I tried everything but they do not seem to care.

18. akshaytrt
    Donut Jul 29, 2019

akshaytrt , Jul 29, 2019 :
    I was also observing a high pitch noise when I was trying to voice call. I was facing that issue only with the voice calls .

19. akshaytrt
    Donut Jul 29, 2019

akshaytrt , Jul 29, 2019 :
    Yes when I get this issue I can see HD on voice call screen . I am also hoping that this issue will get solved ASAP.

20. Djordje_Savkovic
    Froyo Jul 29, 2019

Djordje_Savkovic , Jul 29, 2019 :
    Support is at least stupid. I had an issue with my oneplus 3t's charging port and after talking to support, they told me to submit a repair request. Since they didn't respond after two weeks, I bought new charging plex on ebay and replaced myself. A week later, they approved my repair request and sent me those UPS labels. I then went to chat support to ask: seriously? etc. But I wrote like, thanks for your excellent service which was ordering spare parts and replacing them myself. Thumbs up! and the "person" working at support thanked me for my kind words and that they like that I'm sutisfied with their service and so on. To which I asked him how old he was and what level of education did he owned since he couldn''t understand sarcasm and that was pretty much it