OnePlus 7 Pro false fingerprint detection in pocket

1. Rafa0612
    Donut May 31, 2019

Rafa0612 , May 31, 2019 :
    It has happened quite some time now that when I take the device out of my pocket, it tells me that there were too many failed fingerprint attempts. Also the battery gets considerably drained within the pocket.

I tried looking for pocket mode but couldn't find it (even though the phone does have a proximity sensor). On checking other threads in this forum, I found out that OnePlus haven't added it's support yet.
    None of the articles mentioned this exact issue, but some articles mentioned to remove the screen protector (which comes with the device) to fix any fingerprint scanner issues to fix any fingerprint related issues, which isn't the case with me (I don't have any screen protector on my device).

I have enabled 'Tap the screen to show' option under the Ambient display setting and without the pocket mode this issue is happening almost every time I put my device in the pocket and is also draining my battery.

Is this happening to anyone else as well and is there a way to fix this ?

2. cabron1980
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

3. Salamafet
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2019

Salamafet , Jun 23, 2019 :
    I have the same problem.

I need always use my password when I want unlock my phone and that it was in my pocket.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019

csharma786 likes this.
  4. Richbyname
    Donut Sep 5, 2019

csharma786 likes this.