OnePlus 7 Pro Fingerprint Reader stops working in apps

1. sshankar8055
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

sshankar8055 , Jun 20, 2019 :
    I have been having this weird issue wherein my OP 7 Pro's fingerprint reader frequently stops working when trying to authenticate on applications like Google Pay, LastPass etc. The only workaround that helps so far is a full reboot of the phone. Even then it will only work for sometime and then stops working again.

Anybody else facing this problem or have managed to find a solution to this ?

2. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 20, 2019

sshankar8055 likes this.
  3. sshankar8055
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

sshankar8055 , Jun 20, 2019 :
    Yup.. it's very strange that only my unit seems to have it. There are 3 others with the OnePlus 7 Pro in my office sitting near me and none of them has thus issue.

I have submitted a bug report via this community app right now, but thought of checking with someone in the forum if they have already faced or fixed this issue.

Thank you for prompt response.

4. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 20, 2019

KeepTransisting , Jun 20, 2019 :
    Hopefully they can get back with you soon!

5. mayank020
    Eclair Jun 20, 2019

sshankar8055 likes this.
  6. sshankar8055
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

7. sshankar8055
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2019

sshankar8055 , Jul 3, 2019 :
    Ok, for those who are interested, I've managed to find the reason behind this issue (to a certain extent) and have found a workaround.

It looks like this issue occurs only when you have more than one app running with the permission to display on top of others.

Say, if you have a gesture control app which obviously requires the 'Display over other apps' permission and another app like gesture based volume slider which also requires the same permission and if both of these are running at the same time, this issue occurs. But the apps themselves doesn't seem to have any issues functioning.

Once I set the recent apps management setting to perform a deep clear and run it the fingerprint scanner works again..

Hope it makes sense.