OnePlus 7 Pro FRONT and BACK Camera Dead via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 3, 2022

Eeshan Garg , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 3, 2022 :
    PLEASE HELP!
    ***updated tips at the end***
    ****current problem status :- Not resolved but confirmed that it's a software issue.****

My FRONT CAM stopped working for no reason a while ago, followed by REAR CAM & FLASHLIGHT after some days.
    I factory resetted/wiped the device completely as per the troubleshooting steps by the OnePlus Customer service, No help.
    I also downgraded to Android 10 as per advice on the internet. No help.
    This issue is caused by some bug in Oxygen OS . I was on Oxygen OS Android 11. I'm very dissapointed OnePlus.
    I know this fact that too many users are struggling from this same exact issue.
    Camera app says "Camera may be damaged, contact service center", and the front cam doesn't work at all.
    Also, I've never dropped my phone, not even water damage.

CURRENT UPDATE :-
    I somehow managed to get the rear camera working for a while, Front cam still not working.
    Rear cam is still fragile, if I try to open front camera, it goes back to the same old issue and shows camera may be damaged. (rear also stops working)

TRY THESE ACCIDENTAL STEPS THAT MADE MY REAR CAMERA WORK FOR A WHILE and let us know in the comments

This is an unknown temporary workaround and this glitch/camera/issue still needs to be fixed by OnePlus.
    This clearly proves that this is not a hardware problem and OnePlus is solely responsible.

TIP 1 - try to hold on camera icon on the home screen and then tap "click a selfie" and see if the front cam comes up. Then tap the front to rear cam switch button and see if the rear cam works. (the camera app should open for this)
    Tip 2 - install a new gcam and see if the rear cam works.

p.s - I dislike to see that OnePlus, In the FAQ's answered this question as "Camera been damaged due to prolonged use".
    really OnePlus? if it was a hardware issue, how I could have made it work again accidentally even after seeing "camera may be damaged".
    also, I've used OnePlus 3, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 6T and they still are working at my home with no issues. They've aged, still no issues with their camera or anything like that. but this new OnePlus 7 pro have been damaged by prolonged use of camera, right.
    If anyone from OnePlus team is reading this, Kindly look into this matter, there are probably thousands of customers who believed in you and are facing the exact same issue. Kindly help just like the times of OnePlus 3T.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022

2. Last edited: Jan 6, 2022

Eeshan Garg likes this.
  3. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Jan 6, 2022

Artemus , Jan 6, 2022 :
    https://oneplus.com/support - as stated many times before, it's a hardware problem and the real only fix is to get it serviced.

4. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 6, 2022

N1594410243507 likes this.
  5. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 6, 2022

6. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 6, 2022

7. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Jan 6, 2022

Artemus , Jan 6, 2022 :
    If it were a software problem, it'd be affecting everyone. As far as I can see, it's only happening to a handful of people and an official statement was given. That should pretty much absolve them of any legal issues (then again, I'm not a lawyer) regarding the matter.

8. 0411790696Dipesh , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 6, 2022 :
    I had a same issue
    I consult with the technical person, they said me it's software issue you will be able to solve in next update.
    In latest update it is not completely working before it was only front camera issue, now both

Planning to Switch with other android phone

9. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 6, 2022

Eeshan Garg , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 6, 2022 :
    Arey the gonna fix this in the updates? Let's see

10. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 6, 2022

Still man, there could be something that triggers, but I'm sure the exact same issue to too many people is nothing hut software glitch somewhere.
    JUST LIKE the OnePlus 3T OIS bug, that made the company replace every phones camera.

12. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 6, 2022

Hahahahaha, same here. Try one thing vaise,
    TIP 1 - try to hold on camera icon on the home bar and then tap "click a selfie" and see if the front cam comes up. Then tap the front to rear cam switch button and see if the rear cam works.
    Tip 2 - install a new gcam and see if the rear cam works.

0411790696Dipesh likes this.
  13. shetty12
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2022

shetty12 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 6, 2022 :
    Same issue.
    All of a suddenly my front camera has stopped working.
    The front camera pop up comes up and then automatically shuts down and unable to capture. Everything was good till today mrng
    Back camera works fine as of now.

14. akks
    Lollipop Jan 6, 2022

akks , Jan 6, 2022 :
    Will fail within a week. You may sell your device now itself;)

15. shetty12
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2022

shetty12 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 6, 2022 :
    Am wondering what caused this issue.
    I haven't dropped it anywr..

16. Prince Gogoi , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Jan 6, 2022 :
    is there any guarantee that it's not gonna happen again after we get our cameras repaired🤔🤔

No....

17. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 8, 2022

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022

18. shetty12
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2022

shetty12 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 8, 2022 :
    Yes, doesn't work. One plus ppl told it's a hardware issue and the front camera has to be replaced

19. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 8, 2022

Eeshan Garg , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 8, 2022 :
    I am telling you it's the fault of their software glitch that made the hardware fail.

N1594410243507 and shetty12 like this.
  20. Eeshan Garg
    Froyo Jan 8, 2022

Eeshan Garg , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 8, 2022 :
    No guarantee at all, it's gonna go again. Probably in the same time this one did.