OnePlus 7 Pro + GCam via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Dr Prez
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

Dr Prez , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Hi everyone,

This is the first time that I will not be rocking a Nexus/Pixel phone since the Nexus 4 days & the OnePlus 7 Pro is the phone that convinced me to make the jump (combined with the lackluster Pixel 4).

I knew that picture quality would be the biggest sacrifice that I would have to make by moving on from Pixel Phones. I also knew that using GCam could correct some of the OP weaknesses.

After doing my research I ended up getting 6.2_GCam_Arnova_2.2.2b2.apk running with the Hooolm_v10_Savitar_ZA3.xml config file & pictures got noticeably better .

Now, I have tried to find an answer for this but have come up short. It is my understanding that GCam will quickly close & reboot once config file has been properly loaded (can someone confirm this for me) right ?

Do I have to load the config file every time I open GCam or is it a one & done kind of deal ?

Thank you in advance

2. ckithika
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2019

solojay, Jagv08 and Dr Prez like this.

4. Dr Prez
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

Dr Prez , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 23, 2019 :
    The gcam version and config file I am using on my OP7 pro running Android 10 are mentioned in my post.

script likes this.
  5. Chinaroad
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2019

6. Dr Prez
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

Dr Prez , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 23, 2019 :
    I will wait for a stable build of it (unless there is one that I am not aware of). Curious to see how well the telephoto/wide lenses will work.

7. Chinaroad
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2019

Chinaroad , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    i know that there is gcam7 for the op6 by arnova and it's pretty stable, it's on the telegram channel, but i don't know if it works on op7 pro or no

Dr Prez likes this.
  8. Underouroath
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

Underouroath , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 23, 2019 :
    yeah, I'm using it right now, it's alright, some issues, but that's to be expected, you can use it as a daily driver camera-wise

Dr Prez likes this.
  9. Kenobinai
    Eclair Oct 30, 2019

Kenobinai , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Is this only on the Telegram channel? I've tried a couple of GCams v7 and they all crash right after taking a photo

10. Tommygie8
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2019

Tommygie8 , Oct 30, 2019 :
    I've also tried few versions of GCam 7 on op7pro (Android 10) and they all have crashed after taking phone and I was wondering is it because wrong configuration.

11. Underouroath
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2019

Underouroath , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 30, 2019 :
    yeah, most of them or from the telegram channel, they are working to some extent, with the usual issues like slow motion not working, just join the channel and pick the recommended configuration in the pinned post.

12. solojay
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

solojay , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Hello Dr prez

It's is clearly and usual that Gcam reboot after config file loads.

And you don't have to load it every single time you open it. It's a one time process and your done.

Dr Prez likes this.
  13. solojay
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2019

solojay , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Agreed.
    Gcam load config file very first time it opens, after that your done.

No longer need to load it every time until and unless you want to switch that config file.

ckithika likes this.
  14. m4gr01ino
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2019

solojay likes this.
  15. solojay
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

solojay , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 4, 2019 :
    I tried various versions by different persons. Only one app gave that kinda a buttons and that makes that Gcam app crash.

I suggest you stick to the stoke camera app for now. As fas as my experience wide angle shots are good in oneplus.

NOTE: phone's hardware is extremely good just need software update.

16. solojay
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019