OnePlus 7 Pro having problems calling Google Fi subscribers

1. sachockey
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2019

sachockey , Jun 15, 2019 :
    I have a OnePlus 7 Pro I bought unlocked from the OnePlus website. I have T-Mobile as my phone carrier. I have been having problems calling 2 people in particular and after talking to them I found out they both have Google Fi service.

Symptoms:
    Try calling their number and phone goes back to dial pad, or pops error saying invalid number and beeps 3 times.

Things I've Tried:
    1. I have removed both of them from contacts on my phone.
    2. I have dialed their numbers with 7, 10, and 11 digits
    3. I have dialed their number using *67 (I verified with them they aren't blocking me, but this would let us know for sure)
    4. I've gone to the T-Mobile store and had SIM card swapped and network settings checked
    5. I factory reset my phone

Odd Things:
    If I call them while they are on the phone it rings through fine, but if they aren't on the phone then I get the symptoms stated above. I have tried this with both of the people I know on Google Fi, and this worked for both of them.

2. ben_cheever
    Donut Aug 9, 2019

ben_cheever , Aug 9, 2019 :
    I'm curious if you figured this out. I'm actually looking at getting the oneplus 6t or oneplus 7 to use with Google Fi and/or AT&T service myself.

3. sachockey
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2019

sachockey , Aug 21, 2019 :
    I did get this squared away it was an issue with the T-Mobile network. It just so happens the 2 users i was trying to call on Google Fi used to be T-Mobile before they switched. T-Mobile had to fix the routing in their network so when I called these users the call went through.