OnePlus 7 Pro Icon Size

1. MGomes78
    Honeycomb May 17, 2019

MGomes78 , May 17, 2019 :
    Hey everyone! I have had my 7 Pro for almost 48 hours now and very much enjoying it. I have been a long time Nova user but am trying hard to stick with stock launcher. One issue I am struggling with is icon size. I have changed the icon size to "large", but they still seem quite small to me (see attached image). I have had other OnePlus phones (5T/6T) and don't recall them being so small. I even tried changing the display size to the largest and it appeared to have no impact. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this just the new standard size for the latest Oxygen OS? Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

• OP.jpg
      OP.jpg
      File size:
      401.8 KB
      Views:

GregoryGPT and Atanu Maji like this.
  2. FrederikOlsen
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 17, 2019

FrederikOlsen , May 17, 2019 :
    I also got the op7 pro. You could just get Nova launcher it fits pretty seamlessly with the style of oxygen OS and you can freely adjust how large icons are and how they look.

Brain_Intruder and caliguy66 like this.
  3. Brain_Intruder , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Dude just explained that he has been a Nova launcher user for a while, so I suppose he is well acknowledged of it's features and capabilities. The issue here is that it is not currently possible to make the icons a decent size in stock launcher. This is basically one of the main reasons I selected the custom launcher. Nova is one of the best I have to admit, but I am currently testing Lawnchair 2.

4. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Jan 29, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 29, 2020 :
    I tried to stick with the stock launcher but it's missing some features I got so used to. No drawer folders or tabs and you are limited with widget placement. Considering Nova does everything the OnePlus Launcher does and more, there's no reason to not use it.

Only downside is that Nova seems to lag when returning to the home screen if you're using gesture navigation. I ended up switching to FNG which itself is also much better than the stock gesture navigation.

5. Atanu Maji
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2020

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020

6. Brain_Intruder , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 31, 2020 :
    I have to admit that only stock launcher normally deals with animations while using gestures.

7. Atanu Maji
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2020

Atanu Maji , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Jan 31, 2020 :
    Yes, icon size on OnePlus Launcher is undersized comparing to Small. Also some minimal features, basic options like shuffling or, rearranging home screens isn't available. It's sort of compelling to be stuck with stock launcher only owing to seamless functionality of Q's navigation guesture. Despite after requesting multiple times to OnePlus for more customisations and options in launcher and System settings’ overall customisation what AOSP and Pixel has to offer they are gnarled and their unwillingness is continuing probably till the successor 8 Series arrives.

GregoryGPT and Brain_Intruder like this.
  8. Brain_Intruder , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Feb 16, 2020 :
    Dear friend. It is not lagging, but a well-known issue with Android's support for third party launchers. FGN works incorrectly on any of them. We have to wait a fix from Google.

9. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2020

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 16, 2020 :
    FNG does work well when stock is set to traditional nav buttons with the buttons hidden, you just lose the swipe up animation that was new with 10. Considering how long the issue with third party launchers have persisted since Android 10 came out, I'm not holding my breath for any fix until 11 is released.

Brain_Intruder likes this.
  10. GregoryGPT
    Froyo Mar 17, 2020

GregoryGPT , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 17, 2020 :
    Yes, the icons are quite small, and I really hope OnePlus adds a larger size. I love the beauty and seemless feel of OnePlus's launcher, and I don't want to use another one. OnePlus, please add a larger icon size!

MGomes78 likes this.