Oneplus 7 Pro Issues - A deal breaker?

1. architpoddar
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

architpoddar , May 28, 2019 :
    Hi guys,

I'm currently using the Oneplus 5. I was thinking of switching to the Oneplus 7 Pro. The nebula blue variant will release in India today. But I've read a lot of reviews and after reading about a few issues, I'm a bit sceptical now.

Are the issues like Ghost touch, accidental taps, camera performance fixable via a software update?

Should I wait for the oneplus 7 or can I go ahead and buy the oneplus 7 Pro? Or maybe wait a few weeks for OnePlus to fix hardware issues(if any)

Any kind of help will be really appreciated as the 7 Pro isn't very cheap. I wanted to be sure before I buy it. Thank you.

Matthew Burkett likes this.
  2. Moin2200
    KitKat May 28, 2019

Moin2200 , May 28, 2019 :
    OnePlus 5 also had a ghost touch issue and was solved with a software update, the same will work for op 7 pro.

Camera has already been given an update to improve its software.

If any of these situations sounds like a deal breaker then don’t buy it. And get the 7. But the issue with the 7 is that it’s basically a 6TT which I wouldn’t say offer enough improvements to be worth an upgrade if you have a 6t or 6.

But it’s up to you what to decide.

KeepTransisting and Maverick2.0 like this.
  3. bhaumikbheda
    Honeycomb May 28, 2019

bhaumikbheda , May 28, 2019 :
    The software issues will be fixed in the next OTA update.
    Also not every OnePlus phone has a hardware issue, the phones must be already assembled and waiting at the storage unit to be dispatched as per orders, so there cannot be any changes in the hardware.
    If you face any issue with the hardware, notify it through www.oneplus.com/support or visit the nearest OnePlus service center or store, they will assist you with the RMA.

4. hotsauce
    Lollipop May 28, 2019

hotsauce , May 28, 2019 :
    Just get the OP7 Pro, OP7 is not even worth mentioning lol

Last edited: May 28, 2019

5. Maverick2.0
    KitKat May 28, 2019

Maverick2.0 , May 28, 2019 :
    "Software issue" to be resolved via OTA update?:rolleyes:

6. Maverick2.0
    KitKat May 28, 2019

Maverick2.0 , May 28, 2019 :
    He's talking about the 7. Not the Pro variant.

Dhruv Razdan and Moin2200 like this.
  7. hotsauce
    Lollipop May 28, 2019

hotsauce , May 28, 2019 :
    ohh nvm then.

8. bhaumikbheda
    Honeycomb May 28, 2019

bhaumikbheda , May 28, 2019 :
    My bad, the glitch will get resolved via OTA update. :)

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  9. Moin2200
    KitKat May 28, 2019

gnan10 and Maverick2.0 like this.
  10. tb77
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

tb77 , May 28, 2019 :
    I would not buy it just based on promises. Never ever do a pre-order, unless you like being a beta tester! Wait for OTA updates and reviews of them and then decide if that works for you. You will find them here for sure.

Dean_Tamashiro and architpoddar like this.
  11. khaf
    Gingerbread May 28, 2019

12. MADMAC05
    Froyo May 28, 2019

MADMAC05 , May 28, 2019 :
    I believe most of the issues will be addressed and fixed by OP but I wouldn't hold my breath for the camera. I have a 1+6 and that has been the only true fault that I can point. Unfortunately, for me it's a bit of a deal breaker.
    I don't know if the camera hardware is an issue, if it is sub par and has limitations, but I believe it's probably really good quality. I think the problem lies in the camera software and that would only be fixed with a complete redesign, which I don't see happening.
    I am still waiting (and forever will be) for the camera fix that is going to improve 1+6 camera at least to match the modded gcam version, but that won't happen. You would think that if Xda developers can take an app from another phone and get it working to a certain level, then 1+ engineers should be able to do so much more with their own software, but unfortunately that is not the case.
    Like I said, if the camera is a big deal for you and you want the very best, I'd look elsewhere. For everything else, 1+ does deliver.

rspettit and anvithks like this.
  13. barnabyj
    Honeycomb May 28, 2019

barnabyj , May 28, 2019 :
    you have to remember one thing about forums like this. people only come on to complain. for every one person who had a complaint, there are probably 20 more who don't. a lot of people and reviewers thought the 6t camera sucked. I thought it was awesome, but I was coming from a HTC one m8. colors popped, there was tons of detail. I had no complaints. the 7 pro outperforms it. I have zero complaints about my 7 pro. it made my 6t feel like I was upgrading from a couple years old phone rather than a 7 month old one.

I personally don't care about ip ratings, since even phones with them won't honor the warranty for water damage. and this phone will survive a dunk. I haven't used a headphone jack in years. Android auto goes through USB, I have the usb-c headphones from OnePlus which are awesome, and I can cast to my Android TV to play music on my big stereo rather than using a headphone to rca converter. I don't care about wireless charging, because the battery lasts days with my usage, and the phone gets charged in my car using Android auto on my commute to work. and if I need to, warp charging is stupid fast. I don't have the ghost touch issue.

everyone's going to feel different. get it, and you have 15 days to decide if it's for you.

14. MADMAC05
    Froyo May 28, 2019

MADMAC05 , May 28, 2019 :
    Complaining is also what these forums are for and, in my opinion, you seem to be looking at it from the wrong perspective.
    If you like your 7 pro so much it's in great part because of all the people that came to these forums to complain about the previous models. That is what gives 1+ some directions regarding which areas to focus/improve, so yeah, those damn ppl that complain about things they are not happy with actually helped shape the phone you love today.
    Obviously you will only be disappointed if you compare your results with something better, but when you check your new phone camera against a 2.5 year old phone and you actually get better results from the old one...
    I agree with you regarding IP rating, 1+ is probably as water resistant as the other rated phones, they just didn't want to pay for official rating to keep the cost down. There is plenty of headphone jack adapters so that's fine too. Wireless charging in not important when you can charge your phone so fast as 1+ does... But the camera is one of the main things people look at in new phones and in that 1+ is still trailing behind.
    Just my 5 cents...
    Glad you're happy with your new phone and may you enjoy it for a long time.

15. barnabyj
    Honeycomb May 28, 2019

barnabyj , May 28, 2019 :
    sure, feedback to get problems taken care of are important. I'm just saying that if you come in and only take the complaints from a forum, you aren't getting the whole picture is all. I have seen reviews that showed the 6t hanging with the pixel camera. and I saw reviews that the 6t and the 7 pro beat the pixel in some cases.

I'm just trying to say it's very subjective. you need to not totally base your opinion off of someone else's. if the phone was a total piece of crap, and was seriously flawed, it would show. there wouldn't be any positive reviews, the forum wouldn't have any positive posts, and you would probably see some news reports of OnePlus releasing a broken phone. but none of that exists, and it's more a matter of personal preference at this point. so, take the plunge, and return it if it doesn't strike your fancy.

16. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 29, 2019

DARTH 007 , May 29, 2019 :
    who said

17. Maverick2.0
    KitKat May 29, 2019

18. DARTH 007
    KitKat May 29, 2019

DARTH 007 , May 29, 2019 :
    reply gave by OnePlus in some thread.
    but if ghost touch is a hardware problem,then you've had it

19. Maverick2.0
    KitKat May 29, 2019

Maverick2.0 , May 29, 2019 :

I have the the last great Oneplus phone - the 6.:D So, am fine.

20. Bollux
    Gingerbread May 29, 2019

Bollux , May 29, 2019 :
    Don't bother waiting for a better software for the camera, OnePlus Camera software is the worst there is no matter what "update" they do to it. try Gcam and you will see a different camera.