OnePlus 7 Pro Losing Cell Signal

1. Roycethewaffle
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2020

Roycethewaffle , Feb 24, 2020 :
    In the past few weeks my phone has been dropping signal. At some point it will just swap from my cell service to "no connection" and will refuse to reconnect until I toggle airplane mode on and off. I haven't moved or anything, so I don't think it's a change in reception that's caused this to happen, and it's pretty annoying since it happens so often that I have to toggle airplane mode every time I open the phone, and even then I'll see texts pretty late if I don't have my phone on me, not to mention I pretty much just can't get calls. I'm using the unlocked OP7 Pro with 6GB of ram on T-Mobile. Has anyone experienced this problem/does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks!

2. U1582558506247
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2020

U1582558506247 , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Since I updated to Version 10.0.4.GM21BA my OP7Pro loses 4g connection very often and reconnects after a few seconds. I also expierence problems in Wi-Fi. Connection is there but Internet not working. I haven't had this problems before I did the last update.

ClassicMain likes this.
  3. J_Duece_81
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2020

J_Duece_81 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Feb 25, 2020 :
    I had a similar problem with my 5T but it was related to VoLTE not being switched on. seeing as that shouldn't be the issue, make sure your don't have any data limits set to disconnect you from mobile network. I use Metro by TMobile in a rural area and I haven't had any disconnect issues with my 7 Pro. Maybe try giving TMobile a call and let them know, if your not prepaid they should"try"to help you a little more.

4. Petel99
    Cupcake Mar 24, 2020

Petel99 , Mar 24, 2020 :
    I have exactly the same problem, at one point I loose the connection for several seconds, at the begining it was only in certain app, but now it is randomly several times per day. I loose only mobile connection, on both sim cards the signal bar are emptly and then in some seconds it returns to full 4G, wifi is working well. I have 7 Pro 8+256 iwth Oxygen OS 10.0.4.GM21BA, only doing OTA updates ...

Primoz likes this.
  5. tarun17
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2020

tarun17 , Mar 24, 2020 :
    Yes. Facing this issue after updating to beta 11. OP7 Pro

6. F_Lars_Dennert_NbST
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2020

F_Lars_Dennert_NbST , Mar 24, 2020 :
    Another suggestion. Make sure the sim contacts are clean. Try turning on roaming. On Verizon, that has helped me get service in more places.

7. man_abhi
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2020

8. DandroidLA
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2020

DandroidLA , Mar 26, 2020 :
    I fixed the signal issue by doing the following:
    Dial *#*#4636#*#* on the phone app. It will give you a testing screen. Go to Phone information scroll down to "Set preferred Network Type" and select the correct entry for your carrier. Mine was T-Mobile US and I selected GSM/WCDMA/LTE (PRL). Possibly the last Beta 11 changed the setting. Seems to be normal now.

Last edited: May 29, 2020

9. W1587676417049
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2020

W1587676417049 , Apr 23, 2020 :
    Hi.
    None of the previously mentioned fixes fixed the problem. 😟
    I'm so annoyed. Sometimes it happens twice in an hour.

Willietech likes this.
  10. Willietech
    Froyo May 9, 2020

Willietech , May 9, 2020 :
    I have the same issu with Cricket (AT&T company) . I upgraded to 10.0.9 and same issue. I tried everithing also and nothing! Someone know solve this?

11. baidudege
    Cupcake May 24, 2020

baidudege , May 24, 2020 :
    I have the same issue. Once about every month I have to restart my phone to reconnect to the network.

Willietech likes this.
  12. sumanthoneplus
    Eclair Jun 2, 2020

sumanthoneplus , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Same issue with my phone. It is very frequent now a days. I am on AT&T and on stock stable ROM (not beta).

Willietech likes this.
  13. Alex_N.
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2020

Alex_N. , Jun 5, 2020 :
    Same issue here, with latest stock. I can't have a call more than 4min it's constantly drop network and wifi at the same time for a few seconds.
    It's very annoying!

Willietech and mwhit274 like this.

Willietech likes this.
  15. Omunene
    Donut Jun 12, 2020

Omunene , Jun 12, 2020 :
    I've been asking for assistance and the current suggestion from OnePlus support is to reflash the stock ROM. I haven't done this yet as backing up all my content is going to be a nightmare and I'm not confident this solution works - I remember someone else saying this didn't work and they had to return their unit

Willietech likes this.
  16. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 12, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Reflashing doesn't affect data.

17. Omunene
    Donut Jun 12, 2020

Omunene , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Here's the response I got;

Hi xxxx,

Greetings from Oneplus customer support.

I apologize for the delay in response.

In regards to your query, I would like to inform you that flashing the device will erase the data. I would request you to backup the data before performing the remote session.

Backing-up data before resetting the device

1. Install the OnePlus Switch app from the Google PlayStore.

2. Launch the OnePlus Switch app.

3. Allow all necessary permissions once prompted.

4. On the device, choose > Backup and Restore.
    Select > New Backup
    Select items to backup
    Select > Backup Now.
    Select > Done once backup is complete.

Note:

There are 2 different file patch for backup file depending on the app version:

[​IMG]

5. Transfer backup files to a desktop computer. (File Path: Internal Storage > Backup)

C. Restoring from a back-up

1. Install the OnePlus Switch app from the Google PlayStore.

2. Launch the OnePlus Switch app.

3. Allow all necessary permissions once prompted.

4. On the device, choose > Backup and Restore.

5. Tap Restore Backup. A backup file will be automatically detected. Just make sure the backup file is already transferred to the phone's internal storage.

I hope the above information helps you.

Thank you for your time and patience.

If you have any further concerns or queries, please let me know.

Regards,
    John Smith
    OnePlus Customer support
    John Smith 05/29/2020 03:13 AM

18. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 12, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Remote session...?

19. Omunene
    Donut Jun 12, 2020

Omunene , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Yeah, they'd asked me to share my details (purchase history, build etc) so they could organise a remote flash. When I mentioned I was running the latest open beta, they sent me the link to the file to use.
    They initially didn't address my concern that someone else had experienced the same issue and a flash didn't work and when I called them out on it...

I apologize for the delay in response.

In regards to your query, I would like to inform you that resetting the device will remove any bugs present in the deivce.

However as you are in beta Os version, beta Os version is a testing version and there might be some bugs present.

I would request you to install the stable version and check if the issue persists. Kindly refer the below link.

https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade?from=foot

I hope you understand!

We appreciate your time and patience.
    Kindly get back to us, looking forward for your response.

Regards,
    John Smith
    OnePlus Customer support

The use of the exclamation mark after "I hope you understand" gave me the impression support was getting tired of my questions

Willietech likes this.
  20. Omunene
    Donut Jun 12, 2020

Omunene , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2020 :
    Oh and here is the remote session email:

It is unfortunate to know that the issue still persists.
    In order to resolve the issue, I will arrange remote session for you. Our technicians will call you and flash the device. In order to do that, I would request you to provide us with the below details.

1. Order Number/Proof Of Purchase.(Important)
    2. The device has to get connected to the PC or a Laptop and recognized.(Important)
    3. Registered Email
    4. Os Version
    5. Current Location
    6. Contact & Alternate Number

I hope you understand!

We appreciate your time and patience.
    Kindly get back to us, looking forward for your response.

Regards,
    John Smith
    OnePlus Customer support

(my bad, John Smith likes his exclamation marks, I guess)

Willietech likes this.