Oneplus 7 Pro Model Number by Country

1. Bryan91u
    Gingerbread May 24, 2019

Bryan91u , May 24, 2019 :
    HI Everyone, I have googled and look in the forum but didnt find anything. So thought I open a thread to ask. If there is already a thread about this, please let me know :)

I know starting from Oneplus 3, they had started to make Oneplus phone as a global version to work international with only one model. Is this the case for Oneplus 7 pro as well?

It will be helpful and nice for Oneplus 7 Pro owner to comment their Oneplus 7 Pro Model Number (A7XXX?) and from which country.

Thank you :)

F1569967980940 and feribalint72 like this.
  2. Bryan91u
    Gingerbread May 24, 2019

Bryan91u , May 24, 2019 :
    I have at least found that the Mainland China version Model Number is GM1910

Would be nice to know if other countries Oneplus 7 pro model number is different and probably different model has different bands

feribalint72 likes this.
  3. feribalint72
    Eclair May 24, 2019

Georgeoneplus7pro and Bryan91u like this.
  4. G_Todd_McLaughlin_OSQV
    Gingerbread May 24, 2019

Bryan91u and feribalint72 like this.
  5. Alexandre_
    Froyo May 24, 2019

Deactivated User and Bryan91u like this.
  6. Harshith Narahari
    Cupcake May 24, 2019

Bryan91u likes this.
  7. Bryan91u
    Gingerbread May 25, 2019

Bryan91u , May 25, 2019 :
    Thank you everyone for providing this info.
    Weirdly enough, it seems like every country has a different model number for Oneplus 7 Pro. Unlike Oneplus 5 and 6 where most get the same model A5000 or A6001 etc. But then, based on Oneplus website (for each different country), the Oneplus 7 Pro has the same specs and list of bands, except for UK that might get the 5G version.

feribalint72 likes this.
  8. Tantbay
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2019

9. Tantbay
    Cupcake Jun 15, 2019

Tantbay , Jun 15, 2019 :
    so is it includes any chinese apps? or directly global rom with google apps?

10. alanrushmore
    Gingerbread Jun 15, 2019

11. Bryan91u
    Gingerbread Jun 15, 2019

Bryan91u , Jun 15, 2019 :
    So I bought a Oneplus 7 Pro from someone here in Australia (the person bought through eBay). The one I got is GM1910 and already been flash with Oxygen OS GM21AA by original eBay seller.

From what I gathered, it seems like a lot that is selling on eBay (or like Gearbest) are China version GM1910, but those seller had already unbox it and flash it with Oxygen OS GM21AA (for Global / India). I believe it for China version, it still originally comes with Hydrogen OS as stated in Oneplus website, just that they flash with Oxygen OS before selling it.

Oneplus 7 Pro OS seems to have 3 different version.
    GM21AA - Global / India
    GM21BA - EU country
    GM21 (XX) - US Country

I havent seen what US Oneplus 7 Pro OS version is. But I assume it has different number on it as US version has more Bands then other country.
    Probably someone with US model and living in US can verify this.

source: https://www.carbontesla.com/2019/06...full-ota-zip-for-oneplus-7-pro-gm21aa-gm21ba/

Tobikage and Tantbay like this.
  12. G_Moist_69_cvBy
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2019

G_Moist_69_cvBy , Jul 5, 2019 :
    I certainly hope there are no noticeable differences between models. I'm like you from Australia, and bought a OnePlus 7 Pro GM1910 model on eBay. What's strange is that the seller stated that the model was purchased from Hong Kong, with Oxygen OS, which is quite confusing considering he stated it was the GM1910 model. Hopefully I didn't get swindled.

13. Bryan91u
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2019

Bryan91u , Aug 12, 2019 :
    Hey, so hows your Oneplus 7 Pro going? Mind seems to works fine in several countries (I was traveling).

Hong Kong model might be GM1910 as well, as it has basically same specs as China version (just different OS). To know if is originally from Oneplus HK, is by checking the PLUG it comes with.

Hong Kong uses same PLUG head as UK while China uses same PLUG head as Australia.

14. Dominic_Huang
    Eclair Aug 12, 2019

Dominic_Huang , Aug 12, 2019 :
    10 for China mainland
    11 for india
    13 for europe
    17 for U.S.
    but idk the exact model for AT&T version in US

15. V1566800197824
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2019

V1566800197824 , Aug 26, 2019 :
    OnePlus Denmark chat support was unable to tell the difference between a US and EU version. I am visiting in Europe and lost my 7 Pro last week and am contemplating buy a new. The safe bet according to OnePlus is to buy it in the US and have it shipped.

16. TheLook
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2019

TheLook , Oct 6, 2019 :
    Another person from Australia. Phone purchased on eBay.
    GM1913 with GM21AA OS flashed on it.

17. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Oct 6, 2019

Swejuggalo , Oct 6, 2019 :
    Copied from XDA.

Packages with build tag GM21AA are intended for the following variants:

* GM1911: India

* GM1917: Global/US Unlocked

Packages with build tag GM21BA are intended for the following variant:

* GM1913: EU

Packages with build tag GM27BA are intended for the following variant:

* GM1920: EU 5G

Packages with build tag GM31CB are intended for the following variant: (not supported at this moment)

* GM1915: T-Mobile

Deactivated User likes this.
  18. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2019

G_android_x14 , Oct 6, 2019 :
    I know Gearbest and other HK companies were doing this with other brand phones - buying Chinese variants and then flashing USA/EU/International roms. For other vendors this means no warranty outside China, and no OTA updates. Usually USA customers trying to save a few dollars. The Gearbest warranty also reads that they supply the warranty and it is void if you unlock the bootloader or flash a ROM.

Personally, I think the companies are misleading and cheating people, and I think the customers are buying something that "seems to be good to be true" - so buyer beware.

19. kludge
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2019

kludge , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I got mine from a 3rd party in Canada because I wanted the Band from Asia not the North America frequency. I got a GM1910 with oxygenOS. GM21AA. Based on the package the phone was 100% from China. Based on what I read, it's likely a made for China phone, brought to Canada, flash with the Oxygen OS so you get the play store and such. The China China model runs on Hydrogen OS which does not have the play store or any google feature.

20. bobbywibowo
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2019

bobbywibowo , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Oh, that's interesting.

I've got the GM1913 from an Indonesian online store here (an e-bay replacement for Indonesians, if you will), and the seller sorta bragged that it's the legitimate Global model, as opposed to other sellers that sold GM1910 manually pre-flashed by the them with the OOS Global.
    OnePlus doesn't have official branches/stores here in Indonesia (a risky move from my end I suppose, cause claiming warranty is surely going to be hell), so the phone was imported anyway.
    He seemed to be importing the phone from either Malaysia or Singapore, which seemed to have no official branches/stores of OnePlus either however.

The phone indeed came with OOS 9 Global (GM21AA) when I received it, and also on a sealed package, but it indeed came with UK power brick (heck, had to go to a nearby convenience store to get an adapter on the same day I unboxed it).
    So I initially assumed this was actually an EU/UK version, but then I noticed that the Regulatory labels verification was done in Saudi Arabia, and I was like, "what?".

It's like that Mr. Worldwide meme all of a sudden.

Anyway, I only got the phone a few weeks ago, and links to download OOS 10 Stable already "leaked" by then.
    So I just casually picked up an OOS 10 Stable GM21AA package and used the Local Upgrade option, and it upgraded just fine with no data loss.

Also upgraded to OOS 10.0.1 GM21AA recently, and still nothing odd.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019