OnePlus 7 Pro officially confirmed, will have a “breakthrough” display

1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Apr 22, 2019

Cheetosdust , Apr 22, 2019 :
    [​IMG]
    After numerous rumours, OnePlus confirmed that it will release a Pro variant of the OnePlus 7.

Described as a “super flagship” by the exclusive article published by The Verge, this variant of the phone will have a “breakthrough” display.

Pete Lau, CEO of the company, mentioned a couple of things about the new screen, namely, that it will “redefine fast and smooth” and also that it will “set a new benchmark for mobile displays”.

It’s also mentioned by Lau that “The first time I saw it myself I was stunned” and that it will be a “super-smooth and very crisp” panel.

This last paragraph tells us exactly nothing about it, other than the usual marketing shenanigans, however, what’s more interesting is that OnePlus “is spending three times as much on its display this year than on previous models”, a clear investment on this department.

The CEO didn’t mention exactly what we can expect from the display, however, accordingly to the leaks posted on Twitter by Ishan Agarwal, the phone will have a “Quad HD+ Super AMOLED “90hz” Display”.

We still don’t know how much the phone will cost, but it’s mentioned that the “model can be expected to cost somewhere close to the likes of Samsung’s Galaxy S10, Huawei’s P30 Pro, and Apple’s iPhone XS”. Before you start to panic, this price is probably for the OP7 Pro 5G.

The article also mentions that “The new OnePlus 7 will be more expensive than the OnePlus 6T”, so it seems we’ll have price bump even for the regular model.

As a final note, please have mind that “the new, extra-smooth display” display will not be available on the regular OnePlus 7.

The biggest question right now is this: we know we’ll have a OnePlus 7 and a OnePlus 7 Pro with 5G. However, will we also have a OnePlus 7 Pro without 5G capabilities? I’m writing this because of this sentence: “The big strategic change is that the OnePlus 7 will be arriving with a plus-one: a super flagship, which will be called the OnePlus 7 Pro and will feature 5G and a significant display upgrade”.

Also: on the correction note published on the article, it is mentioned “both” devices, and that can mean we’ll get two models: the regular OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro with the fancy display and the 5G modem.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019

2. the_o2
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2019

the_o2 , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Very well written mate :)

3. the_o2
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2019

the_o2 , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Dual speakers sounds intresting :cool::cool:
    Any chances for headphone Jack :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Cheetosdust

Many thanks :)

I truly hope we can have a OnePlus 7, a OnePlus 7 Pro and a OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.

I personally believe we will, but since I got that doubt reading the article, I wanted to write it here too.

About the display, I'm pretty curious to see it. :cool:

@dsmonteiro can you consult a little bit about this? Two or three different dishes? :rolleyes:

At least tomorrow we'll know when the device is going to be announced, that's something :p

Only on the Pro Pro model :p

5. Sargo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 22, 2019

Sargo , Apr 22, 2019 :
    this belongs in the op7 speculation thread but
    its all good and nice but the deciding factor is and will be the COST which only mentions of it are that its going to be more expensive
    how expensive is more expensive ?
    how much premium is the pro model going to be over the regular model ?
    any other info is not as irrelevant if they comeout with at s10 price
    699$? 750$? at least starting price would be nice

G_plusone likes this.
  6. the_o2
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2019

the_o2 , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Same here :cool:
    Or our MKBHD :rolleyes:
    That's too pro :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

7. the_o2
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2019

the_o2 , Apr 22, 2019 :
    1000$ :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  8. Cheetosdust

I think I figured out the name.

The full name of the device is "OnePlus 7 Protty Sure You'll be Homeless if you buy one" :rolleyes:

9. the_o2
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2019

the_o2 , Apr 22, 2019 :
    So it will the next Kidney phone :p:p

10. MrHari_theCarguy
    Jelly Bean Apr 22, 2019

MrHari_theCarguy , Apr 22, 2019 :
    if the one plus 7 pro is gonna cost more than $750 then people are gonna consider buying Samsung Galaxy s10 e or s10 as both these devices provide a nice overall package and like it or not Samsung is always will be a tier 1 brand and has more brand recognition around the world which one plus is still.many people doesn't consider oneplus to be a premium brand when compared to apple or samsung.the only reason people would buy op7 pro over s10 will be for oxygen os and faster and longer software support.

Violetmars and SJBoss like this.
  11. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 22, 2019

dsmonteiro , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Actually, I'm thinking of going with the Missus to a restaurant that has 4 appetizers, 8 main courses, 1 pre-dessert (whatever that might be) and 2 desserts. So 15 dishes in total.

12. Logancd1

Logancd1 , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Yikes. I bet all 15 dishes are only mediocre too, since they can't pin down which one(s) they want to focus on.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  13. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 22, 2019

meatandy , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Still a Oneplus 7 rumor ...:rolleyes:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-7-discussion-rumors.932506/unread
    :D:p

14. Cheetosdust

Heyyyyyy hey hey, no need to confirm just yet OnePlus is going to release 8 main devices this year. We will cross that bridge when it's T-O'clock :D

1 pre-dessert is the Bullets Wireless 2.0, obviously.

2 Desserts are the new cases, no doubt.

15 new SKUs this year? Got it!

About the 4 appetizers, well, we all know that's all about the normal and express shipping options. What's that? Those are only 2? Well, multiple them by two (DHL and UPS), so learn your facts, son. :D

Sorry, what was the question again? Oh, that's right, I was the one who asked you something. o_O

15. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 22, 2019

dsmonteiro , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Here's a teaser for one of them:
    [​IMG]

16. Blazko666
    Eclair Apr 22, 2019

Predict23 likes this.
  17. Cheetosdust

Shivang Joshi, B_Wrath and sommersy like this.
  18. JelleZon
    KitKat Apr 22, 2019

JelleZon , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Another excuse for the price hike...

Who is going to buy a 800€£$+ One Plus Phone? Just not the right target group...

neo_bpm likes this.
  19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 22, 2019

Shivang Joshi and Auristic like this.
  20. Logancd1

Logancd1 , Apr 22, 2019 :
    Probably me. Probably a lot of other OnePlus users. Probably not you.