OnePlus 7 Pro officially confirmed, will have a “breakthrough” display

1. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

2. Matt 80
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

Matt 80 , Apr 23, 2019 :
    It's not causing a headache, I'm simply calling it as I see it. I did report it......yesterday.

3. Matt 80
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

Matt 80 , Apr 23, 2019 :
    That's the thing here, I'm not questioning cheetosdust I have no problem with him. It'd the double standard of the mods.

4. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

SJBoss , Apr 23, 2019 :
    hmm... @camohan @SoniaB anyone?

Shivang Joshi and iNtEnSePL like this.
  5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 23, 2019

Cheetosdust , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Nah man, I can take responsibility for it - I am not going to open another thread asking why this one was closed ;)

And my intent was to discuss the OnePlus 7 Pro, like I mentioned many times before. This thread is not about that now, so one more reason it can be closed.

The last thing these forums need is another fight with the mod team - or any fight at all.

No problem at all :)

6. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

SJBoss , Apr 23, 2019 :
    but that’s like a ritual here... aren’t you one of us?

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  7. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Apr 23, 2019

iNtEnSePL , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Technically speaking, and taking into consideration all available info, the so called OP7pro is quite a different device to so called OP7, so the thread should be separate. If OnePlus TV can have it's own forum section even being a non-existent device, OP7pro SHOULD have it's separate thread.

Shivang Joshi and B_Wrath like this.
  8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2019

theshinybeast , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Because it's a thread that will be reasonably well maintained by the OP unlike 95% of threads in this forum. The more threads like this, the better.

Shivang Joshi, iNtEnSePL and B_Wrath like this.
  9. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Apr 23, 2019 :
    giphy.gif

Shivang Joshi, iNtEnSePL and SJBoss like this.
  10. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

ilovesoneplus , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Yep same here,that's why i mentioned it :)

SJBoss and Matt 80 like this.
  11. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

SJBoss , Apr 23, 2019 :
    I see your point but there’s still room for argument, because it’s still a OnePlus 7, i mean a different variant of it but what difference does it make? 6 and 6t launched six months apart but have only one dedicated section/sub forum.

Maybe that’s a better answer.

12. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Apr 23, 2019

iNtEnSePL , Apr 23, 2019 :
    We are arguing for the sake of argument itself. We'd be bored if @Cheetosdust didn't make this thread. And that's a very valid reason to keep the thread separate ;)

lkosova, Shivang Joshi and SJBoss like this.
  13. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

SJBoss , Apr 23, 2019 :
    But we don’t get to decide that right? It’s upto mods but at this point i really wanna know what they have to say.

14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2019

theshinybeast , Apr 23, 2019 :
    As far as I'm concerned it's the answer. Pointless "debate" about nothing.

15. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Apr 23, 2019

SoniaB , Apr 23, 2019 :
    I only just came line to check my tags
    It's fine just to merge/close those threads that only contain like one line of text . "when update" , "new leak says 90hz display" , "battery sucks" etc.
    but nót to merge/close good content which has kinda the same subject
    if we would do that, then you will discourage users to create good threads

Discostu, Liehjan, script and 8 others like this.
  16. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

SJBoss , Apr 23, 2019 :
    That’s your point view, as good as this thread is, it still falls under the same rules as other shitty threads, I don’t want this thread to be merged to the “pile of sh*t” but those two guys still have a valid argument.

17. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

SJBoss , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Thanks, I’ll just tag the people who were concerned about this @Matt 80 and @ilovesoneplus

18. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 23, 2019

Cheetosdust , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Closed, merged or open, I just want to add this since it seems The Verge edited their article.

Yesterday when I opened the thread, they wrote “The big strategic change is that the OnePlus 7 will be arriving with a plus-one: a super flagship, which will be called the OnePlus 7 Pro and will feature 5G and a significant display upgrade”.

That could lead to potential confusion about a OnePlus 7 Pro without 5G. Even Android Police mentioned it and a lot of people on Twitter got confused.

Today, however, when I was searching for a reply on another thread, the article now states “The big strategic change is that the OnePlus 7 will be arriving with a plus-one: a super flagship, which will be called the OnePlus 7 Pro and will include a significant display upgrade plus a 5G option

And the news they wrote about the launch event mentions that “ there will be an upgraded OnePlus 7 Pro model with the option for 5G mobile data and a “breakthrough” display”.

As you can clearly see, the narrative changed a lot to avoid confusions and it seems we’ll get a OnePlus 7, a OnePlus 7 Pro and a OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.

19. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2019

SJBoss , Apr 23, 2019 :
    You should’ve been a reporter you’re doing it better than the Verge :tearsofjoy:

20. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Apr 23, 2019