1. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 24, 2019

meatandy , Apr 24, 2019 :
    This is what the almighty reviewer
    said to begin with.:rolleyes::p

2. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 24, 2019

malidan , Apr 24, 2019 :
    Beat the pants off OOS in a non mismatch 6 GB v 6Gb speedtest. The 6 and the 6T couldnt beat the MI8 that was perfect 12 for 12 in memory management.
    5 SD845 Miui device have topped OOS on Antutu OP's holy grail, it also beat the OP6 first up on battery too and they haven't ran upto 3 months out dated on security patches.
    They have Fully detailed change logs on OTA's, no bla bla bla and general bug fixes. So if that is rubbish I will take some all day long.
    But as with all thing there are a few bits they could do with changing imho and Miui 11 should bring them.
    Google App doesn't play nice with Miui for some reason, despite the drain it creates the battery life is still excellent. Once I removed Google app the drain was gone, it must be the Yanks trying to spy.;)

theshinybeast likes this.
  3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 24, 2019

theshinybeast , Apr 24, 2019 :
    I just don't like the skin. Speed tests etc I'm just not interested in. OOS has come a long way and it is a lot less "uncomfortable" than MIUI. Personal tastes and all that.
    The yanks are undoubtedly spying on all of us.:rolleyes:;)

Hydra Bob and malidan like this.
  4. Filipe_C_E
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2019

5. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2019

malidan , Apr 25, 2019 :
    Yeah personal taste is all good.
    .I like stock
    .I like skins
    .i like whatever is getting the job done with the least amount of fuss.
    And right now the leading skins are getting far more dev done on them and are producing the goods.:)

Note 8
    Since the new year I've seen
    2 updates on Oreo
    3 on P beta
    3 on One UI
    And I've seen every security patch on time.

Miui
    5 updates and every security patch.
    I've moved to the dev rom this week which means weekly updates and Miui 11 anytime soon.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019

6. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2019

theshinybeast , Apr 25, 2019 :
    Far more dev work done only because they desperately needed it. :rolleyes:

Discostu likes this.
  7. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2019

malidan , Apr 25, 2019 :
    Already told ya Miui slaughtered OOS on the SD845.
    One UI a totally new direction and now everybody wants one handed usability.;)
    The push for perfection Is never ending , offering up Duo and an integrated bloat community app is hardly cutting edge is it.
    What do you reckon data collectors? The deeply integrated community app and Duo? Why else would you integrate two useless apps into your OS.:D

Ah look disco kid liked your post.:tearsofjoy:

8. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Apr 25, 2019

Cheetosdust , Apr 25, 2019 :
    I'm not seeing OnePlus mentioning it's going to be affordable.

800€ is not affordable, period. Be it Apple, Samsung, Huawei or OnePlus.

If these prices are true, people will have to decide if the tech included justifies somehow the price for them.

It's also funny how you completely ignored the 699€ and 749€ rumored prices and dropped the "€800+ lolz" line without mentioning that's for a device with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of ROM from the Pro Line.

Anyway, you like it and have money? You buy it. You don't like it? No problem.

However, people can also make fun of you for spending 800€ or 1€ in a Samsung or Huawei or Xiaomi product. It goes both ways.

iNtEnSePL and Discostu like this.
  9. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2019

Discostu , Apr 25, 2019 :
    LOL Facebook - the most untrustworthy company out there, Leaks of passwords - Check. Leaks of data - Check. Advertisement manipulation by companies - Check. LOL not bloat or data collectors :rolleyes:

I have not had a facebook account for 2 years, why does samsung think it is necessary for me to have the app installed? BLOAT. You want to put it to a vote to justify having BLOAT on your samsung and defend having Facebook baked into the OS because it is "popular", but are happy to decry OnePlus for a Google Duo integration(yes I agree you should be able to remove it). Mali-doubles-standards-an again folks.;)

What do you mean I can't uninstall the community app? Look at the screenshot below, not even installed on my device! Where is the bloat? :confused: You inventing things again for your narrative tale.:rolleyes: Now stop de-railing the conversation with your anti-OnePlus agenda, you must have such a bee in your bonnet from previous ownership that you just can't let other people enjoy their experience with them.;)
    pic.jpg

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  10. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2019

malidan , Apr 25, 2019 :
    I didn't see them mentioning less than half the price of other flagship but they wore that cap.
    I do seem to remeber something about bringing the latest tech or was it flagship specs ( which they've done) at an affordable price.
    Who cares all that matters is the price you have to pay for what you get and the money you mentioned is alot for a OP device with unconfirmed specs.

But yeah it is funny funny how OP fans always pit their device against the most expensive or use RRP when they talk price.
    The Battle Angel with 12/256GB is out there at £525, BlackShark 2 £562 and most likely cheaper by the time the OP Pro Line arrives.
    The €599 for the Mix 3 5G is looking unbeatable and sub £400 for the Mi9 even more so, with the Poco to come.;)

11. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2019

malidan , Apr 25, 2019 :
    Didnt you read your change log for the last update?
    One of the starting point experts mentioned something about it now being deeply Intergrated I to the OS.
    You dont seen to know much about what's happening on your phone.:rolleyes:
    I wonder what he meant by that and why it would need to be.;)
    Be careful when you throwing that mud,.there have been a few breaches of trust here also.:eek:

12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2019

theshinybeast , Apr 25, 2019 :
    You'll never convince me. OneUI , MIUI etc just don't like 'em. And I've already told you speed tests and benchmarks bore me to death.
    Someone liked my post? And?

Hydra Bob and iNtEnSePL like this.
  13. David Y.
    OS Product Marketing Staff Member Apr 25, 2019

David Y. , Apr 25, 2019 :
    Users are able to uninstall the community app at any time.

@Discostu why don't you install the app?? Click on the INSTALL button ;)

Discostu likes this.
  14. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Apr 25, 2019

iNtEnSePL , Apr 25, 2019 :
    It's not, its just one of sad ways to get noticed...

As to the pricing itself - people get too emotional. Price is a number. Your wallet also has numbers in it. They either match or don't. There's nothing special to it. There are purchases justified by the need or overpriced toys. Every phone above 400 EUR is a toy, not justified by the need. It might be a tool for making more numbers into your wallet - then a toy starts to be a necessity.

Loud people on the forum - some know something better than others, some know they know better than others, and some think they know that they know better than others... Finally some just don't give a sh.. and do what they want and never look back at those who know better... Because of all that diversity someone invented an "ignore" function :)

lkosova likes this.
  15. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2019

malidan , Apr 25, 2019 :
    I don't have to convince anybody of anything I've used most OS's to know what's what and I will stick with what works.:D
    It is what it is, not what Stock Android fan say it it
    :p

16. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2019

Discostu , Apr 25, 2019 :
    Don't worry I do have it installed ;)

I was just demonstrating that @malidan doesn't know what he is talking about and as usual is presenting himself as the know-it-all in everything. :rolleyes:

17. malidan
    Marshmallow Apr 25, 2019

malidan , Apr 25, 2019 :
    So can you explain this deep integration mentioned in you latest update, or was that just more hype.

18. Funan asharaf
    Donut Apr 25, 2019

malidan likes this.
  19. Cheetosdust

20. Cheetosdust

Discostu and iNtEnSePL like this.