2. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 27, 2019

pablofg1978 , Apr 27, 2019 :
    Yeah, but some people seem not understand

Discostu and Cheetosdust like this.
  3. EABowden
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2019

EABowden , Apr 27, 2019 :
    The pro is definitely going to be too expensive. OnePlus will lose their core fans who expect flagship spec at half the price.
    That said, there's a big market for these premium devices, so we'll have to see whether Pete is right to take the company in that direction, or whether it kills the brand.

4. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Apr 28, 2019

iNtEnSePL , Apr 28, 2019 :
    And how many core fans are out there? 1-2% of user base? They can still choose between cheaper option and a better option.

Blame other manufacturers for releasing 1k USD priced phones. OnePlus just follows the trend.

EABowden likes this.
  5. DongoDongo
    Eclair Apr 28, 2019

DongoDongo , Apr 28, 2019 :
    I'm a OP user but sure will not get this one. Kind of a sell-out after they removed the jack (despite the twitter poll) and Pete Lau saying they don't follow trends while they obviously do.

6. Andreidav
    Froyo Apr 28, 2019

7. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 29, 2019

lkosova , Apr 29, 2019 :
    So if the base OP7 has only two cameras will there be an improvement of the camera on the 6t? If not, I might have to start looking seriously at the Pixel. I want to buy an OP though.

8. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2019

Discostu , Apr 29, 2019 :
    They can only improve the software processing, assume this is what you mean?

9. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2019

Discostu , Apr 29, 2019 :
    A release from OnePlus today regarding the quality of their display can be found here. Allegedly they have scored an A+ rating from display mate, meaning it is potentially in line with other best in class displays on the market

A quote:

10. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Apr 29, 2019

Cheetosdust , Apr 29, 2019 :
    Wired published an article about the cameras on the OnePlus 7 Pro.

An early hands-on with the OnePlus 7 Pro's 3x zoom camera

"The OnePlus 7 Pro’s camera closes the gap on Huawei and Samsung. Here’s what to expect when it launches in May".

"The OnePlus 7 Pro camera doesn’t feel wilfully disruptive and attention grabbing like the Huawei P30 Pro. The plain and simple camera interface used in the OnePlus 6T is more or less replicated here."

"The OnePlus 7’s main camera, in contrast, uses downsampling or pixel binning to create 12-megapixel images and in the software version we used, there was no option to create photos at “full” resolution. This downsampling is primarily there to reduce noise. And it does, significantly, but the noise reduction is still less aggressive than Huawei’s. Just as Liu suggests, the OnePlus 7 competes fairly well with the Huawei P30 Pro. There’s more shadow noise here, but they are not leagues apart."

"After spending hours peering at the OnePlus 7 Pro’s images you do end up wishing the main camera would stop hammering far-away foliage into watercolour-like patterns. But this is now the norm in the processing-led world of smartphone photography."

"The OnePlus 7 Pro is a real step forward, though. OnePlus will finally offer a “zoom” with optical credibility. Its zoomed images have a different textural quality to those of the main camera, but this helps promote detail retention. We also noticed less tonal difference between focal lengths than the Huawei P30 Pro. Liu wants to encourage user feedback as soon as possible, on the zoom especially, so that OnePlus "can set the correction on our next phone" - one which the company has naturally already started working on."

The article also has a couple of sample photos, including this one:
    [​IMG]

OnePlusGang likes this.
  11. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 29, 2019

12. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 29, 2019

DARTH 007 , Apr 29, 2019 :
    not a very helpful article.
    still gives us an idea of what is about to come.

13. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Apr 30, 2019

OnePlusGang and Discostu like this.
  14. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2019

lkosova , May 1, 2019 :
    Sorry. Something didn't type correctly.... There are two cameras for the OP7. The pro has multiple cameras, the regular 7 doesn't. I want to know if the regular OP7 camera will be an improvement over the 6t...

15. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2019

iNtEnSePL likes this.
  16. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 2, 2019

17. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2019

Cheetosdust likes this.
  18. OnePlusGang
    Gingerbread May 2, 2019

Cheetosdust likes this.
  19. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 2, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 2, 2019 :
    Yeap, I have an S8+ and I praised its design many times on the forums. :p

It looks like an S8 but more wide and tall.

I honestly don't know how people in general is going to react to the pop-up camera and how well it's going to work after a year or two. But in those pictures, the look is not the problem of the OnePlus 7 Pro.

And the more I look at it, the more I like the blue one with the gradient effect. :cool:

20. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2019

Discostu , May 2, 2019 :
    Yeah the pop-up camera is a liability that's for sure, moving parts = failure over time or risk of failure. Though I will say for me, I can count on one hand how many times I have used my selfie camera in 12 months - so I doubt this will ever be an issue.... it'll probably get stuck closed because I never use it :p:p

Blue is quite beautiful :)