OnePlus 7 Pro Open Sales Start Now! A Guide on How to Order

1. hotty17
    Cupcake May 16, 2019

2. IanbUK
    Froyo May 16, 2019

IanbUK , May 16, 2019 :
    This is my first time ordering a OnePlus device on release, and especially the community drop.

I do find it odd that OnePlus allows its community to order early (which is great) but then doesn’t actually dispatch the device until a few days later whilst hundreds of people can turn up to the pop-up event and grab one 3-4 days before! Not everyone can get to London, would have been better if they dispatched the community drop orders so they arrived on the same day as the pop-up event.

Oh well, guess I’ll have to try being patient! If I could attend tomorrow’s event I would definitely be there as I’d like to meet MrWhosTheBoss!

Looking forward to receiving it!

3. KyleDaniels
    Eclair May 16, 2019

KyleDaniels , May 16, 2019 :
    Ordered the 8gb/256 in mirror grey. Coming from an iPhone XS Max. Couldn't ignore that screen and I really miss the Oxygen OS. The only thing that is giving me second thoughts is that I love my Apple watch and I'm gutted that they don't allow integration with Android devices. Anyone else in the same boat?

4. Daniele Trillocco
    Donut May 16, 2019

5. Thijs kunst
    Cupcake May 16, 2019

Thijs kunst , May 16, 2019 :
    You should thank the EU for their import taxes

gcocucci likes this.
  6. 7 Delusions
    Froyo May 16, 2019

7 Delusions , May 16, 2019 :
    I know right? This is crazy!

Btw, did you pay for faster shipping? Or did you go with standard shipping?

Last edited: May 16, 2019

Captain tan and Seven_91 like this.
  7. schubi17
    Eclair May 16, 2019

schubi17 , May 16, 2019 :
    Can't speak for him but I got the 12gb version with priority shipping.
    So I really hope they'll start shipping this week

8. NeoScaler
    Froyo May 16, 2019

NeoScaler , May 16, 2019 :
    Yeah, I also hope that they ship soon. Otherwise the "community drop" isn't so awesome.

9. N1542408557132
    Eclair May 16, 2019

N1542408557132 , May 16, 2019 :
    people are seriously claiming about camera performance is not that top notch equal to pixel 3 xl or s10 plus ..bring software update to upgrade camera quality more color vibrant and details specially in day light shooting.
    48 mp camera sensor is not flagship level because it is even comes in realme pro 7 and low budget smartphones.
    And improve battery life in note 7 pro.

10. IanbUK
    Froyo May 16, 2019

IanbUK , May 16, 2019 :
    I got faster shipping yes.

What was also confusing is that during checkout a message said that it would deliver before 20th May. Unless they dispatch today, that’s not going to happen.

I know 22nd isn’t that far away but I’m also now thinking that the “Community drop” isn’t really a benefit for loyal community members.

We all just want this handset ASAP right? Lol

11. IanbUK
    Froyo May 16, 2019

IanbUK , May 16, 2019 :
    Who is saying this? I watched a video last night by MrWhosTheBoss and he compared the OP7Pro with S10 and P30 Pro. In quite a lot of scenarios the OP7 was better or equal to its rivals. I’m more than happy with that considering it can be improved via updates and also, when the Google Camera inevitably becomes available to side load

Captain tan likes this.
  12. N1542408557132
    Eclair May 16, 2019

check these two reviews and tell me

and also check zone of tech review on oneplus 7 pro.

13. 7 Delusions
    Froyo May 16, 2019

Well, for sure it isn't a benefit. I've ordered it since the minute it came out and got 20th of May as shipping date and 22 as for delivery. A bit disappointing I would say :p.

I wonder when will people buying the phone from 21th of May when it gets globally launched will get it? If they'd get same day shipping it for sure would be kind of sad for us. However, I hope they'd get it ASAP!

Captain tan likes this.
  14. IanbUK
    Froyo May 16, 2019

IanbUK , May 16, 2019 :
    You can watch as many videos as you like, there wil always be good ones and bad ones. The problem is, we will always get hung up on the bad! I’ve watched 4 and all have been good. MKBHD has been using the handset for a few weeks and is keeping it as his daily driver, he rarely stops using his Pixel so that’s a good indication to me that this is a top phone.
    The camera will improve with updates for sure.
    I have a iPhone XS Max currently and there are plenty of videos that suggest the camera isn’t great but I think it is.

15. N1542408557132
    Eclair May 16, 2019

the link which i sent you in the end of this videos he concludes it with flowchart and with marks and op 7 pro marks are below overall in very few scenarios specially night time op 7 pro is excellent but rest of that op 7 pro us lagging behind .they should improve by software update to bring it equal level. Mkbhd and others comparisons are also good .but over all watching many comparison this comaprison is more detailed and unbiased.

16. 7 Delusions
    Froyo May 16, 2019

I don't know about you, but I'll try switching to google camera once it becomes available. Also, I've read somewhere that they will indeed release a comera OTA update, but that remains to be seen. As ever, take everything you hear with a pinch of salt :D.

I'm happy to be part of the Oneplus community tho! Cannot wait for this bad boy to arrive and prove me that I was not mistaken!

17. G_Richard_Sedivy_Bcle
    Cupcake May 16, 2019

G_Richard_Sedivy_Bcle , May 16, 2019 :
    I think that OnePlus just gave us an option to preorder the device, but they won't be ready for dispatch until next week anyhow... So certainly not a huge benefit. The priority shipping is a bonus that, among other things, shortens the period from the warehouse to your home. Priority shipping will not speed up the process within the warehouse itself, especially when the phones are not there... But who knows, I am more disappointed that I'll have to order the cases separately as they were not available.

18. E1558000478114
    Cupcake May 16, 2019

19. N1542408557132
    Eclair May 16, 2019

i am fan of oneplus and using one plus previous device. i feel good to be a part of this. i dont ever want to switch to another brand. not op7 pro really fulfil my desire bringing display to another level which was my wish .i will soon buy op 7 pro .but the thing which i realized is still need some improvement is camera level might be by software. and the other this i wish there would be Dex feature like samsung and headphone jack .otherwise op7 pro is best.

7 Delusions likes this.
  20. 7 Delusions
    Froyo May 16, 2019

Actually, you are right, I didn't take into consideration that priority shipping actually means faster shipping from the courier's "point of view", but it still doesn't make things better knowing that it'll come on 22.

As for cases, they could've added them and tempered glass protection, but I guess they just didn't have the necessary stock available. It'd have increased sales for them, as I guess many people already opted for 3rd party cases.

Camera may not be the best, but it's still fine. I'm sure they'll slowly add more quality to it over time. I, for one, cannot wait to try google camera on it!