Sound Oneplus 7 Pro Speakerphone Issues

1. baileyhood
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

baileyhood , Oct 17, 2019 :
    I am on Open Beta 3 and I keep having issues with my speakerphone. I am trying to figure out whether it's a hardware problem or a software problem and I'm terrified it's a hardware problem. I have the Oneplus 7 Pro 12GB Nebula Blue so please tell me you are having this issue as well so I know it's a software problem. When on calls, I am using VoLTE. Not sure if this matters but I'm trying to provide as much detail as possible. Anyway, when I'm talking to someone and I have it on speakerphone, the person on the other end sometimes says that I'm cutting in and out or they can't hear me good. I use speakerphone a lot and I estimate this happens about 5-10% of the time from what they people on the other end of the line tell me. This also happens even when I have excellent service. So, does anyone else have this issue? Any input and/or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

wsladejr likes this.
  2. baileyhood
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

3. jasemanONE
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

jasemanONE , Oct 19, 2019 :
    You are on BETA software. There is a different area for BETA issues. You need to go there.

4. Carkid367
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2019

Carkid367 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    I actually have the same issue and I'm not in the beta. This has been happening since I got my phone and I didn't know if the 7 pro speaker was just poor quality.

wsladejr likes this.
  5. baileyhood
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2019

baileyhood , Nov 3, 2019 :
    FINALLY! I thought I had a faulty device. I just now saw this message or I would have got back sooner. What service provider are you on? I am on AT&T in the USA. I'm wondering what the cause is. I have tried all the Android 10 stable software versions. I have tried all the beta software versions. I also tried the latest Android 9 stable software. So, the issue has nothing to do with being on beta. I just want to know what the problem is.

6. Carkid367
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2019

Carkid367 , Nov 3, 2019 :
    I'm on Verizon. I have a 7 Pro 12gb as well. On stable software here. I think they cut off certain mics during the calls. You would think that would be a big issue

7. baileyhood
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2019

baileyhood , Nov 3, 2019 :
    You heard of anyone else having this issue?

8. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Nov 3, 2019

saikiran4ever , Nov 3, 2019 :
    All the OnePlus phones seem to have the same issue. I have used OnePlus 1 & 3 and have a OnePlus 7 pro now. All these phones had this issue.

I heard it's due to heavy noise cancellation (i think it's called compression) that they do on their phones. I stopped taking calls on speaker phone as the microphone tends to compress more it seems.

wsladejr likes this.
  9. baileyhood
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

baileyhood , Nov 4, 2019 :
    So do you think the compression is done by the phone's software? If so, I'm wondering if a custom ROM might fix this issue?

10. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2019

saikiran4ever , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 5, 2019 :
    Maybe. We can try.

11. arunSRkumar
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2019

arunSRkumar , Nov 5, 2019 :
    There an easy way to verify if your hardware is ok.

Play some offline content (music/video) to check your speaker's sound.
    Record yourself and play it back to check.
    Use a headset to first check.If the audio is ok then play the same on the speaker.
    The above two will check if your speaker is faulty or not.If the audio keeps cutting here then probably its something funny with the speaker on your device.

Stream some videos on youtube preferably at max quality and check the speaker audio.
    Then record some audio/video and send it over via a messaging app(whatsapp/snapchat) to a friend.Check if the audio is cutting there as well.If so then the problem probably has to do with cellular reception.Try a different SIM to verify.

12. wsladejr
    Donut Nov 9, 2019

wsladejr , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 9, 2019 :
    I can't use my phone on speakerphone at all. The mics are terrible or apparently cut out constantly and nobody can ever hear me. Very frustrating and unacceptable on a "flag ship device". OnePlus needs to address this.