OnePlus 7 Pro stopped working completely (Bricked!)

1. Nagtier
    Donut Jun 7, 2019

Nagtier , Jun 7, 2019 :
    I dont really now :( but returning it isn't so easy for me.

2. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jun 7, 2019

Maverick2.0 , Jun 7, 2019 :
    Try to get it checked at a service center,if possible.

3. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jun 7, 2019

Maverick2.0 , Jun 7, 2019 :
    That's weird,isn't it? Also, the laptop charge would be just normal charge, not warp charge.

Any theories on why this is so?

4. Yassin_Alnashawati
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

Yassin_Alnashawati , Jun 7, 2019 :
    I did the same and finally the phone got back to life [e]1f44d[/e]

5. G_plusone
    Nougat Jun 7, 2019

G_plusone , Jun 7, 2019 :
    Your device OP7 pro?

6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 7, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 7, 2019 :
    This works with most of the Android devices.

G_plusone likes this.
  7. G_plusone
    Nougat Jun 7, 2019

I was just asking to see if the issue was widespread

8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 7, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 7, 2019 :
    I think so. Many people with 7 pro have told about this.

9. G_plusone
    Nougat Jun 7, 2019

Oh my :eek:

Maverick2.0 and B_Wrath like this.
  10. malidan
    Nougat Jun 7, 2019

malidan , Jun 7, 2019 :
    It's good to see that a few old friends from the OPO have returned.;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019

Moin2200 and G_plusone like this.
  11. Yassin_Alnashawati
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  12. Justin Wooten
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Justin Wooten , Jun 9, 2019 :
    I'm experiencing the same problem. For some reason, I was never able to get the OyxgenOS 9.5.7 update after waiting for a while. Prior to this, my Wi-Fi connection was failing even though my phone was reporting a good connection (I had the data transfer rate displayed in my status bar). I set the phone to restart but didn't come back on. I tried every method to turn it back on and there's no luck. I still have time to return it to T-Mobile luckily, I've only had the phone for a week and I've got another week to return it.

WAIT. GOOD NEWS!!! HOLD THE POWER BUTTON THE THE *VOLUME UP* BUTTON FOR A FEW SECONDS, AND THE PHONE WILL GET OUT OF BEING BRICKED! THIS JUST HAPPENED RIGHT NOW!

I assume what happened was that when it goes into the restart process, there's some incorrect syntax in the code or a missing command in the restart sequence that just makes the OS fall off into a stuck state with the screen shut off and doesn't actually shut the phone down properly.

Edit: Oh wait the answer was in my face the whole time... the best answer already said what I did... I figured it out myself anyways. Oh well.

13. Gazonius
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Gazonius , Jun 9, 2019 :
    Exactly the same here, put my phone down for an hour or so, went to get it and it was off, (though I left it with plenty of power, over 30%) tried to turn it on and bricked, absolutely nothing. Found this thread (thank the gods), tried the volume up power button simultaneous press and bob, phones on and happy as larry, Will be reporting to oneplus for their feedback/suggestions. Phone is op7pro 12 gig model.

Justin Wooten likes this.
  14. Moin2200
    KitKat Jun 9, 2019

Justin Wooten likes this.
  15. Justin Wooten
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Justin Wooten , Jun 9, 2019 :
    I'm glad that this issue is resolvable though, my heart sank thinking that I'd have to return my 7 Pro. It's too good of a phone, and I wanted to get rid of my Nexus 5 for a while since it's about 4.5 years old. Seems like OxygenOS needs more bug fixes, but I feel chill because I know these fast updates and community responses can fix things sooner. I'm also getting random shutdowns, anyone else getting this?

16. lvieirajr
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

lvieirajr , Jun 9, 2019 :
    Same thing worked for me.
    Pressing the volume and power button at the same time for about 10 seconds.

Mine got bricked right after an update and never booted again until I tried this.

17. Caleb Meier
    Froyo Aug 26, 2019

Caleb Meier , Aug 26, 2019 :
    That's weird. My 7 pro had the same issue yours did, I was freaking out because I live in the US and was outside the 15 day return period. It just randomly stopped working when it was inside my pocket, no water damage or drops. I thought the phone broke internally. So I decided to try what you did, and it magically worked. I will update the post if I run into this same issue again.

18. EddieRock
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2019

EddieRock , Aug 26, 2019 :
    I've ran into this many times. The only fix (that works every time) is to hold the power button AND the volume + button (Volume up) for 20 seconds until it turns on. Here is my response to another thread: One Plus 7 pro Bricked randomly

19. mrpacs
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2019

mrpacs , Aug 28, 2019 :
    It's not bricked if you're able to start the phone. I've had the 7 Pro for 5 weeks now and the intermittent shutdown has occurred 4 times. Hasn't happened in a few weeks, thankfully. Power and volume UP fire a few seconds brings the phone back to life. Has oneplus acknowledged the issue?

20. Patelmalav64
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2019

Patelmalav64 , Sep 1, 2019 :
    My Phone was in same condition for 5 hrs and then doing this started the phone back up again
    What is the problem anyways