OnePlus 7 Pro Stuck in RMA HELL! Terrible customer service.

1. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 11, 2019

Borijess3, Jun 11, 2019 :
    sent

2. jbae1221 Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

Borijess3 likes this.
  3. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 11, 2019

SoniaB likes this.
  4. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 11, 2019

5. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 12, 2019

Borijess3, Jun 12, 2019 :
    Have you received any updates yet?

6. JoseReyes69 Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

JoseReyes69, Jun 12, 2019 :
    I'm in the same boat. I sent mine 30 days ago for trade in and to this day Al I hear from them is we have escalated your claim. However no one ever gets back to me. It's like the twight light zone.

7. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 12, 2019

JoseReyes69

I'm in the same boat. I sent mine 30 days ago for trade in and to this day Al I hear from them is we have escalated your claim. However no one ever gets back to me. It's like the twight light zone.​

Thats all I here too. Now they are blaming technical difficulties with Acer. Not being able to communicate with them. If u you look at there website they can ship you a new one within 24hrs. Unbelievable experience this is.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019

JoseReyes69 likes this.
  8. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 12, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 12, 2019 :
    They advised me that there has been technical glitches with the system too and are working to fix it.

I have asked for a time frame and pushing for updates.
    I will continue to do so until this is resolved.

Also, the Community Manager was also copied into the escalation. So I have taken it as high up as I can and will continue to pursue the case

B_Wrath, Gaurav Rohilla and Borijess3 like this.
  9. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 12, 2019

B_Wrath and Gaurav Rohilla like this.
  10. JoseReyes69 Gingerbread Jun 12, 2019

11. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 12, 2019

We greatly appreciate your help. But this is ridiculous, for customers who preordered there device on day one, we are waiting for over a month. Due to getting a defective device no fault of ours. Loyal customer are not getting taken care once they have our money. It's unfortunate and a disservice being done by OnePlus. This will definitely make us think twice about purchasing another OnePlus device. You order a new device now you get it shipped within 24hrs.

SoniaB likes this.
  12. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 12, 2019

select the person pic and select message.

13. pgrey Honeycomb Jun 12, 2019

pgrey, Jun 12, 2019 :
    @Borijess3 I went through more or less the same thing, with my OP5T, my first OP phone.
    I did a "drop ship", on the new one, when my USB port stopped charging the device, regularly, a few days after I got my 5T, and then I waited, and waited, for the RMA to get "unstuck".
    I had several prolonged chats and talks with various OP CS agents, and they were understanding, but never seemed to be able to do much.
    Then, at some point (when I look back it was sometime in the 3rd week after they got it), it just "appeared" in their RMA system, and zip, I had a refund a day or so l later.

@SoniaB Personally, I think whatever the RMA center was doing, when I returned my 5T, they're still doing, from reading this thread (and numerous others, since). I still bought a OP7 Pro, and we're basically an "all OP family" now, but I do "dread the day" that I have to do another RMA; hopefully it'll never come...

Being a "budget flagship" should NOT mean the RMA process is horrible, IMHO. If I were OP, I'd be ALL OVER the Acer center, and whatever goes on there, because it's horribly inconsistent, at least some of the time (and those are the people that post "bad reviews" about that process, any reviews, about an RMA, mostly).

SoniaB, Gaurav Rohilla and Borijess3 like this.
  14. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 12, 2019

That's pretty sad as the company gets larger they are not looking into improving the CS and RMA process.

pgrey likes this.
  15. pgrey Honeycomb Jun 12, 2019

pgrey, Jun 12, 2019 :
    @Borijess3 Agreed.
    I have no way to "prove" that my poor RMA "experience" was the same as what you're seeing (particularly since yours is still "lost", like mine was), but it sure "sounds the same", and I see a LOT of people posting about the same exact issue, in terms of BOTH the timing, AND the fact it "suddenly just appears in the RMA pipeline", after that time...

I bet they have "XX% of RMAs complete withing X# of days" and it's "low enough" for them, my guess anyway. OP will probably never expose these actual numbers/percentages; it could be that we're in the 3%, or the 30%, who knows...

To be "fair" though, I spend a lot of time on the ATT forums helping move things forward there, and their RMA process "appears" much worse (again, no published #s), it sure seems to make the OP RMA look "great", by comparison.
    It'd be better if these companies strove to be "the best" at RMA issues, and not just the "least bad", IMHO...

SoniaB, B_Wrath and Borijess3 like this.
  16. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 12, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 12, 2019 :
    I agree 100%

Borijess3 likes this.
  17. X1542733448240 Donut Jun 12, 2019

X1542733448240, Jun 12, 2019 :
    So is this thread where we have to go to get status updates on our RMA's? My OnePlus 7 Pro has been at the Acer service center since June 3rd and is still sitting on "Received at Service Center" status. I bought this phone minutes after it went on sale and it's going to be more than a month later that I get to actually use it.

Borijess3 likes this.
  18. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 12, 2019

Mine has not even changed and my phone has been at Acer since May 28th.
    View attachment 1039761

19. insomnia77 Froyo Jun 12, 2019

insomnia77, Jun 12, 2019 :
    Why didn't you guys just send phone back for refund and order another instead of rma???

20. Borijess3 Eclair Jun 12, 2019

insomnia77

Why didn't you guys just send phone back for refund and order another instead of rma???​

We didn't expect it would take this long! There has been reports of long refund waits too. Either way this stuff needs to be reported so it can be fixed.