Oneplus 7 Pro suggestion

1. deliriumbg
    Donut May 15, 2019

deliriumbg , May 15, 2019 :
    Hi All,

I think an awesome software modification/addition for the OnePlus 7 would be to have an option to use the faceunlock automatically, only if the fingerprint unlock attempts have failed for 3 times (for example). Say your hand is wet, dirty, etc, once you fail the unlock 3 times, automatically popup the faceunlock to unlock the phone.
    As the mechanism does have a limited amount of uses, this would be much more effective, as sometimes with the 6t I get frustrated of how much the fingerprint sensor fails to recognise my finger, so I was forced to add the faceunlock, although I do not prefer it.

dsiseta likes this.
  2. alexhpeterson
    US Brand Ambassador May 16, 2019

alexhpeterson , May 16, 2019 :
    Really like the idea. At the moment the next best thing is to turn on "Swipe up to unlock" under face unlock settings so that you can still have control on when to use the face unlock. Hope this helps!

3. deliriumbg
    Donut May 16, 2019

deliriumbg , May 16, 2019 :
    Yes, that is also turned on.. but faceunlock is much faster (and less secure of course).
    When i want to unlock my phone, I don't want to have to tap my finger 3+ times than have to use the swipe unlock :)

4. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat May 16, 2019

iNtEnSePL , May 16, 2019 :
    In a situation, where my phone doesn't unlock after 3 tries I just send it for RMA or sell, and never buy again.

In a situation where your hand is wet, dirty etc. I suggest washing your hands more often and using towel afterwards. The simplest solution of them all, doesn't require an OTA update and guarantees better health for you :) I can't see any downsides of it :)