Oneplus 7 Pro Updates

1. ienfik
    Cupcake May 15, 2020

ienfik , May 15, 2020 :
    Hello!

With series 8th Oneplus has started new era of Premium Flagships. Price for top model of Oneplus 8 Pro can reach £1000. I don't see it as bad things if there is premium quality.

Part of Premium quality is software support, if I pay £1000 I want see security updates, not "maybe every second month" but monthly as Pixels do

Many buyers who don't recognise Oneplus will check how company update older models, how long owners have to wait to security updates, how long have to wait for functionality updates (Always on display maybe in September??! , smart charging no idea when?!)

So If Oneplus want to be premium, has to deliver premium software support

Cheers
    Tomasz

2. kennyking84
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

kennyking84 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    I'm about to get rid of my 7 pro and not buy another OnePlus. Used to be awesome on updates. Now her I am in almost June, and I'm still on the January security patch. This isn't an old phone for it to not be getting support. Unfortunately gonna go to a platform that will keep me up to date. As much as I loved your phones and got away from Samsung...I can at least day Samsung have me a security patch update at least every month. This is pitiful.

3. DMaarten
    Honeycomb May 28, 2020

DMaarten , May 28, 2020 :
    If you are still on the januari patch, you are doing something wrong since updates have been released.

TheJuli and otto2 like this.
  4. Artemus.
    Nougat May 28, 2020

Artemus. , May 28, 2020 :
    How are you still on January? Are you on a T-Mo/Sprint device?

otto2 likes this.
  5. kennyking84
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

no, I am on Factory Unlocked version from OnePlus. currently running Oxygen OS 10.3.1.GM21AA. And it shows my current security patch is January 1, 2020. I'm on the latest stable build, and have been for awhile.

6. Artemus.
    Nougat May 28, 2020

Download Oxygen Updater and get 10.3.3. You're on a very old build.

otto2 likes this.
  7. kennyking84
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Not doing anything wrong. I'm not on the beta build. I am on the stable. and lucky I am, because I heard of phones doing lockouts for the OP7 Pro on Beta Build. I have used beta in my past OP devices, but choose to stay on stable build for this one.

8. kennyking84
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Really? I thought when I look up the software builds on OnePlus website for my device, it shows the latest stable build as the one I'm on? I didn't think you got updates anywhere else except the website and OTA

9. Artemus.
    Nougat May 28, 2020

Nope, Oxygen Updater exists to circumvent the OTA rollout process.

otto2 likes this.
  10. kennyking84
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

11. Artemus.
    Nougat May 28, 2020

Indeed, it is safe. Many people use it in this forum and if you want to talk to the developers themselves they have a Discord server.

12. kennyking84
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Artemus. likes this.
  13. the inspector , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 28, 2020 :
    Do you live in the U.S.? If so, unfortunately, we have kind of been left behind as far as updates go. A moderator on another thread told me that we are usually the last to get updates. More than a dozen different developers/moderators here use the oxygen updater and recommend it, so I downloaded the oxygen updater app several days ago but never updated to 10.3.2. I wasn't real anxious to manually download 10.3.2 via the updater app (or any other route) for 2 reasons: like you, I'm wary of updating my OS via a 3rd party app due to safety concerns and prefer to be patient and wait for the OTA update; and also, I heard nothing but negative "reviews" about 10.3.2 on another thread, so I figured if it took long enough to get 3.2, 3.3 would be out soon and maybe I would get that update faster meaning I would only be on 3.2 for a short time. Yesterday, I got a notification from the app that 10.3.3 was available for download/install, so I went ahead and updated from 10.3.1 to 10.3.3. No serious issues and the phone is faster and snappier, plus a couple of cool upgrades to camera and sound. You might have to close several apps if they act weird, but when you reopen them again, they'll be fine. And give your battery about a week to optimize and it'll calm down and not drain as fast. All that to say, I will be using the oxygen updater app from now on to get my updates instead of waiting for the OTA's - they take too long. The app lets you know as soon as the update is available - usually within a day or 2 of the release date.

Bhagavathchander and kennyking84 like this.
  14. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2020

JmcRepair33 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 29, 2020 :
    you are not following instructiond at all with beta updates and stable updates it comes with a security update. must work for the FBI SINCE YOUR CONCERNED ABOUT SECURITY. we are all on beta 14 or latest stable update which BOTH INCLUDE MAY SECURITY UPDATES. all for someone to guide you

15. JmcRepair33

I'm in US on international version global version oxygen. been updating to beta and stable v back and forth as soon as as oxygen updater comes with a update..
    1590713075257.jpg

16. kennyking84 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , May 29, 2020 :

JmcRepair33

you are not following instructiond at all with beta updates and stable updates it comes with a security update. must work for the FBI SINCE YOUR CONCERNED ABOUT SECURITY. we are all on beta 14 or latest stable update which BOTH INCLUDE MAY SECURITY UPDATES. all for someone to guide you​

Actually OnePlus just started rolling out the Stable 10.3.3 update this morning and it will be incremental. Obv hasn't started to my phone. But I updated now using the Oxygen Updater. But before I always got my update from the website or OTA. And yeah, I wouldn't want any of my financial info to be at risk, so I do worry about security updates.

17. kennyking84 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , May 29, 2020 :
    listen to yourself. you're on global. I'm not. my model number isn't the same. I just used Oxygen Updater and yes it comes with security patch, just like other updates. if you read what I originally posted, I been updating through OnePlus site and OTA. The stable update that just became available this morning is not OTA yet and not on the site. They directed me to Oxygen Updater, and now I will have the updates sooner. The key was I didn't know about Oxygen Updater previously.

18. JmcRepair33

I downloaded the new stable update but warmed it will wipe all date. looks like this time it's going to be a fresh start

the inspector likes this.
  20. BandiDayasagar , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , May 29, 2020 :
    I have currently updated from oxygen os 10.3.2 to oxygen os 10.3.3 stable through ota on my Oneplus 7pro. But i am having issues with this update. So how can i rollback to my previous version 10.3.2 stable. Please help.