OnePlus 7 Pro USB C port hissing/sizzling sound

1. Christopher Flanagan
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

Christopher Flanagan , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hey guys!

Woke up today to my phone usb port making a hissing/sizzling sound. It also feels like it's electrically discharge because I'm shocking a few things as I walk around the house.

Before I went to bed last night, the fingerprint started acting funny. If you picked the phone up, it didn't work. If you out it down on a counter top or a blanket on my leg, it worked. Tried removing my fingerprints and adding them back but that hasn't worked. I forget about it, because it's late and go to bed.

Plug the phone in to charge, head to sleep. Wake up this morning and hear what sounds like a buzzing fly (it's early my eyes were barely open). I then begin to inspect where and what the sound is. It's my phone. It's almost sounds like burning, but imagine a sizzling, hissing electric circuit burning noise [e]26a1[/e]

Noise happens when the display is on. When screens off, nothing. When ambient screens on its noisy, when the screen is fully turned on, it's quite audible.

I had been caught in some heavy rain using my phone for navigation and then into my pocket a few times yesterday. When ingot back I dried the phone off and then it was a good 6-7hours before I plugged it in to charge. So any water should have evaporated before that in my warm house as well as me drying it off.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

2. Christopher Flanagan
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

3. spot01
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2020

spot01 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Probably too late but try switching off and leaving in a bag of rice for at least 24 hours if problem persists again switch off and contact service centre

4. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Aug 5, 2020

anupritaisno1 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    FYI rice doesn't work. Silica gel is the way

Also it might just be that the charging port has some dust stuck in it

5. spot01
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2020

spot01 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Sounds like water damage though given they were using it in heavy rain then putting phone in warm pocket, you're correct re silica gel but not many people have that lying around and always thought rice did work from what I've read before well you live and learn.