OnePlus 7 Pro WiFi 6

1. RaresAndrei8
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2019

RaresAndrei8 , Sep 15, 2019 :
    Hi! I own a OnePlus 7 Pro. As far as I know, this device boasts the Snapdragon 855 which supports wifi 6. The problem is that the phone doesn't seem to support this feature.
    So here comes my question: will it receive an OTA enabling the future?
    Looking forward to hearing from the OnePlus staff
    #Question

2. shubham412302
    Donut Sep 15, 2019

3. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 15, 2019

pgrey , Sep 15, 2019 :
    It's true, that it does not support concurrent radios.

However, it WILL support up to 1.733MBps, with a good router.
    In ALMOST ALL cases, this is MUCH faster than your internet connection, or even perhaps your router/switch, most of which are limited to 1GBPs (duplex), anyway.

I have my my home network configured with a LAG, between my switch/router, so *theoretically*, I can run up to 2GBPs, but the bottleneck will continue to be the feed (ISP connection), for the foreseeable future.
    Even my server, the way I have it configured (Cat6, duplex) will only push OR pull 1GBPs, so even "local network data" will NOT fill up the existing WiFi capacity (on the OP7).

Does anyone actually have a 2GBPs connection (non-duplex, so really 4GBPs), or have that kind of capacity, in their switching network?
    You can transfer a HD video in 53 seconds, on 833MBPs, or in about 26 seconds, on 1733. What kind of data (volumes) are you interested in transferring here?
    I could configure a 4-port LAG, for 2GBPS/2GBPs, but why in the world would I? Even my current LAG was mostly a "for the fun/interest of it" kind of deal.

Numbers are "nifty" to look at, but rarely scale to "real world" use, the other bottlenecks (if you want to call them that, 26 or 53 seconds seems pretty good to me, for a VERY large transfer) will be there for a VERY long time to come, IMO.

4. sandor.barna
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019