Network/Connectivity OnePlus 7 Pro Wifi Hotspot not working

1. G_Daniel_Aherne_tlgl
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2019

G_Daniel_Aherne_tlgl , Jul 3, 2019 :
    Hi the wifi hotspot on my OnePlus 7 Pro will not work. Other devices (iphone5 and laptop) will connect to the hotspot but will not actually load any webpages or have any connectivity. Same problem when I use USB tethering for my laptop. This was working previously before I updated the phone as I use hotspot constantly for work purposes. My build version is Oxygen OS 9.5.8.GM21BA. Also I am currently roaming on my data network so I'm not sure is there some setting which doesnt allow the hotspot to connect when roaming? Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. TysonSW
    Froyo Jul 3, 2019

TysonSW , Jul 3, 2019 :
    This could probably be because of roaming restrictions. I have the same OS version and have no problems with roaming.

3. jjvoliver
    Froyo Jul 29, 2019

jjvoliver , Jul 29, 2019 :
    Who is your carrier? Some carriers do have restrictions for Hotspot, and some go even further and charge for it. Just a possibility. Not saying that is the case.

4. tuanv1966
    Froyo Jul 29, 2019

tuanv1966 , Jul 29, 2019 :
    Tmobile. The odd thing is, my wife's Galaxy S8 doesn't have that problem. It's connected every time where she does, whether into Wifi area or not.

Last night, we were at a new restaurant. I was sitting there and tried doing some web browsing. Nothing worked. They had a secured network so I didn't log in to their Wifi. So technically, I should connect back to my Tmobile service. But nothing worked. I had to disable my Wifi. Once I did that, I connected to my Tmobile network.

Her phone was on it the whole time.