OnePlus 7 Pro Will Not Boot Into Recovery Mode

1. Cowslappa
    Eclair Aug 3, 2020

Cowslappa , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I've been trying to boot my phone into recovery mode for a day now and all it does is boot back into the screen where you unlock the phone and select a language then you get the option to wipe cache or advanced or exit.

These are the methods I've used to boot into recovery. I have Advanced Reboot on and OEM Unlocking both turned on.

Power off, press volume down and power button, unlock using pattern, select English, advanced, boot into recovery and it just loops back to the unlock to decrypt screen.

I have Advanced Reboot on so I've tried to boot to recovery from there and again it just loops back to the unlock screen to decrypt the phone.

I have even tried to go through the faatboot screen for recovery and again it just loops back to the unlock to decrypt screen.

I am running OxygenOS 10.3.3 and everything is updated, is there a step I'm missing?

2. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 3, 2020

Artemus. , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Uhhhh... this is the recovery. Were you expecting another screen?

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  3. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 3, 2020 :
    At this step you're already there, no need to > advanced > boot into recovery. Don't expect twrp functionality from stock...

Artemus. likes this.
  4. Cowslappa
    Eclair Aug 3, 2020

Cowslappa , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Okay I guess I was just expecting it to look like safe mode, I'm obviously clueless as to how recovery mode works. I was trying to root, I've done it a few times with different phones and this one seems more complicated than the other ones. I appreciate the responses from everyone.