OnePlus 7 Review After 10 Days

1. Vinay_ Gingerbread Jun 16, 2019

Vinay_, Jun 16, 2019 :
    I got this device OnePlus 7 10 Days ago, Upgraded from OnePlus 5T.
    I'm a OnePlus Fan Regular User of OnePlus from the OPO [e]2764[/e]️
    Coming back.. First thing I liked about the OnePlus 7 is the Pricing, at Rs. 32,999 with bank offers it is such a great steal.
    I got this from OnePlus Store Bangalore MG Road.
    With so many expectations rushed to my home and unboxed this beast & switched my sim cards from my 5T and started using this as a daily driver.

First thing I noticed upgrading from 5T is the Display, it's brighter than before and looks pleasant to the eyes.
    Dual speaker is really really good as I watch online contents a lot for media consumption I would give 10/10 for this phone.

Next the performance, SD855 the current flagship processor is great. It can run anything we threw at it, PUBG at HDR Extreme worked perfect also RAM consumption is good.
    Scrolling through Twitter, Facebook, YouTube is smooth but not a big difference from 5T. If you want a big difference go for 7 Pro. Performance wise 10/10

Camera of OnePlus 7 is a Huge Upgrade for me as I was using 5T before. I love the sharpness & the extra saturated images of OnePlus 7. Details are crisp and clear, Portrait edge detection is cool, Night Mode is giving amazing results which is really enough for social media.
    Video Recording is good also, 4k @ 60 fps - the footage is so good even for viewing in PC.
    Front camera for selfies is good, but for video recording as it is not wide angle one not great but still good.
    For camera I can give 8.5/10

With a beautiful display, immersive sound & great performance the 3,7000 mAh battery is not that great I would say. I'm getting SOT of 5.30 - 6.00 Hrs without gaming, if I play PUBG I'm getting around 4.30 - 5.30 Hrs of SOT max. I'm not sad with the battery life I just expected a little more. Also one wired thing I noted is, my every previous OnePlus devices charges so fast with Dash Charging but OnePlus 7 is not that fast. I know the battery capacity is higher but there is some bug I think so.
    So far the battery performance I would give 7/10
    if OnePlus is fixing the fast charging issue sure I'll give 8/10.

In-display fingerprint is good, but I really hate the animation. It's the one thing which spoils the stock Android feel. Dear OnePlus please remove that, even the Green Light thing. Try to give us something pleasing to the eyes not something which is irritating. Speed & Accuracy is good, but still I prefer the fingerprint in the back, that's my personal preference.

I'm sad that OnePlus removed the nostalgic 3.5mm headphone jack. See there are no good C-Type Ear phones & OnePlus is also not gave the C-Type to 3.5mm converter in the Box, it's bad. I tried searching in OnePlus site also in stores, it is not available anywhere. If you're changing something which is not necessary but you're going to do that means please keep the alternatives ready. If not in the case means it makes your fans really sad. PS I don't like Bluetooth ear phones much especially cuz of charging.

What I miss in OnePlus 7 is Fingerprint Sensor in the back, it was good and practical. For larger screen like OP7 if there was a FP sensor we can swipe down it to get the status bar, I use that in my 5T all the time. Now I need to use my another hand to hold the device and doing swiping, with one hand it is really tough to do.

Also I miss the notification LED so badly [e]1f62d[/e]
    During working hours I keep my phone Ring volume lesser like everyone, that time notification LED is my life saver.
    I can easily see that I got a WhatsApp text through the Green blinking light. Sadly no more on the OnePlus 7, checking my phone every 5 minutes to see whether I get any texts or not.
    But the sacrifice only gave us the beautiful drop notch screen so it's good for few and bad for me.

Overall I like OnePlus 7, I'll love this thing in near future after some updates. For 33,000 Rs it is really worth upgrading from OnePlus 5T, in the end I'm happy [e]2764[/e]️

1560701843463.jpg

2. SahilQureshi Honeycomb Jun 17, 2019

SahilQureshi, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Nice review mate. I have ordered OP7 yesterday and it's nice to see OP user complimenting it. Regarding green light thing, It's mandatory for Optical fingerprint sensor but as you mentioned fingerprint on back is better. Never used fingerprint on back but I prefer it on front as I'm spoiled by OP3.

3. Vinay_ Gingerbread Jun 17, 2019

Vinay_, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Thanks, I like to have in back cuz of Pulling Status bar down at any moment, I do that all the time. PS I had OnePlus 2 & 3, I love the FP sensor in the front, just some extra love for 5t for the Swipe Down thing.

4. N1560391088911 Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

5. Vinay_ Gingerbread Jun 17, 2019

Vinay_, Jun 17, 2019 :
    yes I can set the animation to 'none' but can't adjust the brightness level of Green light.. It's irritating at night .

N1560391088911 likes this.
  6. N1560391088911 Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

N1560391088911, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Maybe using reading mode would solve this.

Vinay_ likes this.
  7. Vinay_ Gingerbread Jun 17, 2019

Vinay_, Jun 17, 2019 :
    nah bro I mean I don't like it even the day time too.. OnePlus is Class just like Apple but the animation looks like Oppo.. that's the problem here

N1560391088911 likes this.