OnePlus 7 Series' Oxygen OS features heading to OnePlus 5/5T/6/6T!

1. Manu J. Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member May 24, 2019

Manu J., May 24, 2019 :
    1037976.png

Hey everyone,

Been seeing many of you wondering whether the new Oxygen OS features that made their first appearance on the OnePlus 7 Pro will make their way into our previous models! The answer is a big YES! As long the features are not hardware-dependent, you should see them popping up on your OnePlus 5, 5T, 6 and 6T in the future, so let's take a quick look at some of the exciting things heading your way:

Fnatic Mode
    Get the Fanatic edge for an unmatched performance when playing multiplayer games online We'll help you have your device at its peak performance and help you get that sweet headshot or that epic combo move by blocking all distractions, boosting CPU performance and network speed, so that only your skills matter!​

Zen Mode
    A short farewell to the information overload brought on by the nonstop notifications from your smartphone, Zen Mode will provide you with 20 minutes where you can simply enjoy your surroundings without any distractions. Don't worry, you'll still have access to you camera and be able to make emergency calls.​

Screen Recorder
    You can easily record that perfect game run and save your own record. Or rather use this feature to make a video tutorial and share your thoughts with others. Now, you can record with high quality, internal sound included, perfectly synchronized.​

modes&recorder.png

Quick reply in landscape
    When you want to concentrate on watching videos or playing games in landscape mode, it is more convenient to reply to messages on the go without having to stop what you're doing and then resuming. The experience is simple and and seemless so that you don't miss a beat.​

quickreply.png

DC dimming
    This is an alternative method to adjust the screen brightness, by changing the circuit power of the screen. When enabled, it will reduce screen flickers at low brightness, but may lead to abnormal colors being displayed in some cases.
    We will introduce this feature in Open Beta builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T and then evaluate for the OnePlus 5 and 5T.​

RAM Boost
    Increase RAM utilization according to your usage. By learning how you use your phone, RAM Boost can predict apps you want to launch and data you want to load, thus taking full advantage of the available RAM to speed up your phone's performance.
    Currently, OnePlus 6 and 6T have the Smart Boost function and will upgrade to RAM Boost in future updates. The OnePlus 5 and 5T will also support this feature.
    boost&dc.png

Android Q update
    We have already released Android Q Developer Preview on the forum for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 6/6T, available. For those wondering, rest assured: Android Q will also make its way to the OnePlus 5 and 5T. Just remember, there are no ETAs.​

Never Settle

2. xnutzii Lollipop May 24, 2019

xnutzii, May 24, 2019 :
    Thanks Manu for the announcement! I'll eventually give some feedback on my 6T&5T if the features will arrive, especially DC Dimming is a very nice thing to see.

edit: after using smart boost on my 6T for over 3 months now, I haven't noticed ANY performance increase while opening apps at all, so this was a total failure IMHO, hoping the ram boost will do better.

Edit: After using DC Dimming for some time on my 6T now (Beta), I can definitely say, there is a LOT less eyestrain. Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 3:16 PM

3. Pacman05 Froyo May 24, 2019

Pacman05, May 24, 2019 :
    Good news!! thanks for giving us almost all new features, and waiting for new features to come in the future for my OP6T :D

4. Navdeep_Malik Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2019

5. AndroFan Honeycomb May 24, 2019

cereal_kllr likes this.
  6. Tobikage Nougat May 24, 2019

Tobikage, May 24, 2019 :
    Lets see you get this working good enough without any major bugs by April 2020 atleast. :rolleyes:

7. Chuck_James Honeycomb May 24, 2019

8. schreder Gingerbread May 24, 2019

schreder, May 24, 2019 :
    Hmm nice. Sadly no nighscape 2.0 but I don't use it because IMO it's worst than normal mode. But quite impressive.

But one thing is missing for all Oneplus devices - Always on display ;)

9. YRJ Lollipop May 24, 2019

Last edited: May 24, 2019

10. AnonymousWP The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 24, 2019

11. shubhamjg Donut May 24, 2019

12. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean May 24, 2019

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus, May 24, 2019 :
    @Manu J. Now that's call a Special announcement, way to go On Oneplus and The Team, the only Software Team after Apple which is at the top is now Oneplus, carry on, we hope to see Camera Improvements in future updates too ;)

13. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer May 24, 2019

BobbyV8_, May 24, 2019 :
    Does this mean we can experience the in game haptic feedback just like on 7Pro?

Last edited: May 24, 2019

14. Dresa91 Android Q May 24, 2019

Dan Cretu, manuel19 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  15. totobadua Cupcake May 24, 2019

Dan Cretu and Speedlover777 like this.
  16. DrummerBoi Froyo May 24, 2019

17. manuel19 KitKat May 24, 2019

manuel19, May 24, 2019 :
    Even though having the 7 pro already, this is great news! AWESOME! Keep it up team!

emouto and Shivang Joshi like this.
  18. Venky61 Jelly Bean May 24, 2019

Venky61, May 24, 2019 :
    That's great news.... :) Just tried the Zen Mode on the 7 Pro and got locked out for 20 min... Not gonna play when it makes to 6T :p

19. Xnatty Honeycomb May 24, 2019

Xnatty, May 24, 2019 :
    I don't think so, the haptic feedback engine is different on 7/7pro

20. Manav Bhagia Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2019

Manav Bhagia, May 24, 2019 :
    What happened to the video enhancer feature ? It's a software feature and was there in the betas and it is also supported in the OnePlus 7 which has the same displays as OnePlus 6T .

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and nileyadav like this.