OnePlus 7 Series - User Manual, Questions & Answers

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert May 20, 2019

dsmonteiro , May 20, 2019 :
    Q&A 01.png

Hi everyone,

Following the tradition of past launches, we are creating this thread to serve as a place where you can find answers to frequently asked question, or ask your own questions to see them answered. Furthermore, we will actively check the forums for any common questions that might arise from the use of our brand-new devices.

You’ll also be able to find the user manual for the entire OnePlus 7 Series, as well as links to any resources that may be helpful.

OnePlus 7 User Manual: [HERE]
    OnePlus 7 Pro User Manual: [HERE]

(These are PDF files, you can open it with a browser, or download it in your phone.)

Hardware
    • Question: Are the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro compatible with 5G networks?
    • Answer: No, neither the OnePlus 7 nor the OnePlus 7 Pro support it. Smartphones require a specific modem, Qualcomm’s X50, to be compatible with 5G networks Only the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G has this mobile and is compatible with 5G networks. 5G network access is only officially supported by EE.
    • Question: Does the OnePlus 7 Series support wired video out?
    • Answer: Yes, both the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro support DisplayPort video output through a compatible third-party cable.
    • Question: Will the OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro be available in the color X?
    • Answer: The only phone colors we have announced are Mirror Gray, Nebula Blue and the soon to come Almond for the OnePlus 7 Pro and Mirror Gray and Red for the OnePlus 7, which is only available in India and China.
    • Question: Does the OnePlus 7 also feature liquid cooling?
    • Answer: The liquid cooling system is only available in OnePlus 7 Pro. Still, the OnePlus 7 still has adequate cooling for you to take advantage of the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855.
    • Question: Can I use the Warp Charge 30 adapter with the OnePlus 7 or any of the previous devices?
    • Answer: Only the OnePlus 7 Pro and the OnePlus 6T McLaren edition support Warp Charge 30. Still, the adapter will still work with previous devices as Fast Charger.
    • Question: I already have a charger from a previous OnePlus device. Can I still use it?
    • Answer: Yes, all past chargers can still be used with the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, but you'll be limited to the adapter's charging rating.
    • Question: Will you also make the OnePus 6T's Screen Unlock faster?
    • Answer: The OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro's fingerprint sensor has been updated with a larger new sensor that provides with an up to 38% faster unlock experience. Due to the hardware differences, we cannot bring these improvements to the OnePlus 6T.
    • Question: What is the purpose of the 5MP secondary sensor on the OnePlus 7? Why doesn't it have a higher resolution sensor?
    • Answer: The secondary camera sensor on the OnePlus 7 is solely used for depth information, 5MP can meet the needs for that purpose.
    • Question: Do the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro support power delivery?
    • Answer: Both the OnePlus 7 and the 7 Pro support PD protocol - 5V/3A while the screen is off, and 5V/1.8A while the screen is on.
    • Question: Is the OnePlus 7 Pro water resistant?
    • Answer: The OnePlus 7 Pro supports daily splash-proof resistance, including when the camera is popped up. However please bear in mind that our warranty does not cover water damage.
    • Question: Why are my pictures only 12MP, even though the phone has a 48MP sensor?
    • Answer: Photos shot with auto mode will result in a 12MP image by default. We use pixel binning technology to merge 4 pixels into 1 to capture more light and therefore provide better images. You can still use output a 48MP file by using Pro mode.
    • Question: Does the OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro have the spec X?
    • Answer: You can check the full spec sheet here:
    • Question: Does Oneplus 7 also have an improved vibration motor?
    • Answer: The OnePlus 7 uses the same vibration motor as the OnePlus 6T. Still, we've improved basic interaction effects, like long press, multitasking, etc., to provide a better experience.
    • Question: Is there a 2x zoom in the OnePlus 7 as there is on the OnePlus 6T?
    • Answer: Like the OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7 has digital zoom, that can go all the way up to 8x. This is different from OnePlus 7 Pro's zoom, which relies on a specific sensor for optical zoom.
    • Question: I only hear sound coming from one of the OnePlus 7's bottom grills. Is this normal?
    • Answer: Yes, only the left side grill houses a speaker. The right side grill is where the microphone is.
    If you still have a question about it that is not answered by this Q&A or the links above, feel free to leave your question here and we'll do our best to reply it.

Software
    • Question: Is there an equalizer for Bluetooth headphones?
    • Answer: Yes, Dolby Atmos allows you to choose from pre-defined profiles or to manually set your own equalizer.
    • Question: Will Nightscape 2.0 make its way to the OnePlus 6 and 6T?
    • Answer: Nightscape 2.0 relies on the IMX586 sensor and as such will only be available on the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
    • Question: Will the new software features be available for previous OnePlus devices?
    • Answer: Screen recording will be available on 6/6T and OnePlus 5/5T. Other non-hardware-dependent features will be ported to previous devices as well.
    • Question: Can you add the feature X to Oxygen OS?
    • Answer: We always look forward to improving your OxygenOS experience. If you want to make any feature suggestion, please use the following link: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/
    • Question: I've noticed that sometimes the OnePlus 7 Pro will use the regular camera rather than the telephoto lens, is this a bug?
    • Answer: No, this is by design. When the subject distance is shorter than 50 cm or the telephoto lens detects an extremely dark environment, the OnePlus 7 Pro will switch from the telephoto lens to the main camera to ensure the best image quality.
    Miscellaneous
    • Question: Is it possible to exchange my current phone for the OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro?
    • Answer: Yes, you can trade-in your device in www.oneplus.com/trade-in to exchange for a voucher and use the voucher at oneplus.com. For more details, feel free to visit www.oneplus.com/trade-in.
    • Question: Why did you decide not to launch the OnePlus 7 in North America?
    • Answer: At OnePlus, we've consistently delivered the best smartphone technology because we are committed to providing premium products and experiences for consumers. As OnePlus continues to grow, the company will naturally need to adapt and expand its product portfolio. The OnePlus 7 Pro is an ultra-premium flagship device that is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of US users. As a breakthrough device with capabilities that match or exceed what is currently available on the US market, and an industry-leading display that sets a new standard for smoothness, the OnePlus 7 Pro offers the best possible smartphone experience for consumers. We will continue to sell the OnePlus 6T alongside the OnePlus 7 Pro for users looking for a premium flagship experience.
    • Question: OnePlus currently doesn't sell its devices in my country. When will you expand to country X?
    • Answer: It's our goal to allow anyone that wants to buy our devices to do so. Still, we want to assure that you have the best experience while doing so. As we grow, we will try to expand to new territories but only when we can guarantee that we'll be able to meet our standards for sales experience and customer support.
    • Question: I want to buy an accessory that isn't available yet. When is it going to be available?
    • Answer: Accessories will be available soon. Check our online store at https://www.oneplus.com/store to know more.
    • Question: I'm not able to change my phone to ring/vibrate/silent. What is happening?
    • Answer: You have a specific button for that, called the Alert Slider on side of the phone. You simply need to change its position. You can also customize how it works in Settings, under Buttons & gestures.
    • Question: Will my phone work with carrier X?
    • Answer: You can check all the bands that are supported here (https://www.oneplus.com/7pro#/specs) and the carriers that are compatible under "Check carrier compatibility". For other territories, please contact your carrier for confirmation on which bands they operate.
    Bullets Wireless 2
    • Question: Are the Bullets Wireless 2 compatible with my smartphone?
    • Answer: The Bullets Wireless 2 are compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and others. If your device supports Bluetooth earphones, the Bullets Wireless 2 should work out-of-the-box. Still, some features, like Quick Pair and Auto Play are exclusive to the OnePlus 5 and above.
    • Question: Do I need a Warp Charger adapter to charge my Bullets Wireless 2?
    • Answer: No. The BW2 are provided with a charging cable and can be charged with any USB compatible charger.
    For tips and tricks about Screen Unlock, you can check this thread that was posted for the OnePlus 6T [HERE].

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 3, 2019

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Jun 3, 2019 :
    Some Verizon Wireless users from the US seem to be having some issues with messages. This is a simple instruction set with SIM activation scenarios and common FAQ.

SIM activation scenarios

1. Insert a NEW VZW SIM to OP6T – No need to do anything.

Since our software and VZW's network set the VoLTE on as default setting, there is no need to do anything.

2. If you have a non-VoLTE VZW SIM – Get a new VoLTE SIM.
    You need to apply for a new VoLTE SIM first via VZW stores or online purchase (free 2-day shipping).
    The price of the upgrade to VoLTE depends on the plan you choose.

Please note that when users buy new SIMs, VZW will request users to do as follow:
    1. Get the credit check done at the VZW store (online purchase via free 2-day shipping: you can also do it via Telesales at 800-309-3341).
    2. Open a new Verizon account or update the one you already have.
    3. Inserting an EXISTING VZW SIM which has been activated from a multi-mode device that has CDMA+LTE to a OnePlus device – re-activated VZW SIM via “My Verizon”.
    If you take an ALREADY ACTIVE VERIZON SIM from your prior phone and insert it in the brand new OnePlus device then, to ensure CDMA-Less feature is activated in your account, please log in to your user account on www.verizonwireless.com > My Verizon > My Device > Activate or Switch Device and follow the instructions.

3. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

B_Wrath , May 20, 2019 :
    You mentioned this twice:p

knehte, ASH_PD, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  4. dsmonteiro

B_Wrath likes this.
  5. GopalB.
    Nougat May 20, 2019

6. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

B_Wrath , May 20, 2019 :
    Got used to it so that I can reply on threads before @pablofg1978 closes it:p
    Just kidding. Needed in my line of work:D

7. GopalB.
    Nougat May 20, 2019

GopalB. , May 20, 2019 :
    Read the bike specs and copy it... [​IMG]

buntycubal and B_Wrath like this.
  8. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 20, 2019

B_Wrath , May 20, 2019 :
    Company secrets cannot be divulged here. :p
    Enough off topic or @pablofg1978 will warn us:D

9. GopalB.
    Nougat May 20, 2019

GopalB. , May 20, 2019 :
    Where is everyone anyway??? o_O

xnutzii likes this.
  10. yasirysr47
    Eclair May 20, 2019

11. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 20, 2019

12. yasirysr47
    Eclair May 20, 2019

13. yasirysr47
    Eclair May 20, 2019

14. O1556074376845
    Donut May 20, 2019

O1556074376845 , May 20, 2019 :
    what about the screen protector for OnePlus 7pro.. ..that much expensive screen should definitely have a screen guard ..but there aren't any in OnePlus store or website!!!

15. shenan24
    Honeycomb May 20, 2019

shenan24 , May 20, 2019 :
    I don't know who these premium users are, but I'm pretty sure that a majority of the people here in the US would have liked to get the OP7

S1556393686183 and Filipe_C_E like this.
  16. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator May 20, 2019

camohan , May 20, 2019 :
    Gratz!! You have covered possibly everything one can think of.

xnutzii, buntycubal and B_Wrath like this.
  17. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 20, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 20, 2019 :
    It's right there:

18. GopalB.
    Nougat May 20, 2019

GopalB. , May 20, 2019 :
    There is a reason why feedback section exists!!!

xnutzii and Neddard like this.
  19. Bauber
    Cupcake May 20, 2019

Bauber , May 20, 2019 :
    I'm going to buy it for sure the 7 pro
    BUT
    is it really worth the 12 gb ram??

would I notice the differences between the 8 and 12 gb ??

on my S8 I've got "only" 4 gb and almost 2,5/ 3 are always used but I've got no lag. so I'm thinking about that

thanks a lot

G_Ri likes this.
  20. O1556074376845
    Donut May 20, 2019

O1556074376845 , May 20, 2019 :
    i have seen it already...they are just back cases...not the screen protectors

21. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , May 20, 2019 :
    As mentioned here:
    And here: