OnePlus 7 t pro McLaren edition bought refurbished on eBay via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G

1. I1595462725203 , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I bought the 7t last year on eBay and was impressed with the general camera quality and especially the macro. I recently bought the 7t pro McLaren edition on eBay thinking the camera quality would be at least equal to the 7t if not better. I don't have the 7t anymore so I can't easily compare, but I can't say that I'm impressed with the McLaren editions camera quality especially in photos and macro. I remember the 7t taking quicker, more detailed pictures. Are my settings wrong? I heard that some companies replace original hardware with cheaper ones and then resale the phones. Can someone give me their opinion?

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 2, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 2, 2021 :
    When purchasing a refurbished phone, it's always best to reset the phone completely, after backing up any data you may have on the phone, even after initial setup then download any updates available. Go through at least one full charge cycle after the reset. And then see if there is any improvement.

Refurbished could mean anything from a minor to a major fix on the phone, was there any specifics on why it was refurbed in the first place from the reseller?

Bobbie63 and I1595462725203 like this.
  3. I1595462725203 , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Aug 5, 2021 :
    Not that I know of... It was grade A. 9.8/10 if I remember correctly. When I take a picture with the main camera on auto mode or macro, I notice that there seems to be a first image that is really clear, but it disappears and the final shot often seems a bit discolored and not as is... Like if the laser focus wasn't working properly?

Caomhin likes this.

Caomhin likes this.
  5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 5, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 5, 2021 :
    Only thing I could suggest is to contact OnePlus directly. It's all users here on the Community and we would have no way of knowing what would have been refurbed, only the reseller would know that information.

Please give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them. Thank you.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And you can also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

Bobbie63 and I1595462725203 like this.

IH8Speedbumps and Bobbie63 like this.
  7. I1595462725203 , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Aug 5, 2021 :
    I noticed the difference right away with the fingerprint recognition being much more responsive. This morning I tried the pro camera, and I was gladly surprised to see no waiting for the image to be captured like before! I'm sure the rest will be as expected now, thank you!!!

Bobbie63 likes this.
  8. I1595462725203 , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Aug 5, 2021 :
    The "discolored" look(in my opinion) of the pictures was also quickly fixed by just switching off the "smart image" made to improve the quality by stacking multiple images into one.(which I also did on my 7t now that I think of it since it worked)

Bobbie63 likes this.
  9. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 5, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 5, 2021 :
    Great to hear you fixed the issues. Nice one 👍

I1595462725203 likes this.
  10. IH8Speedbumps
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2021

I1595462725203 likes this.