Oneplus 7 touch issues

1. ascent
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2019

ascent , Oct 14, 2019 :
    Hmm too bad, I just upgraded this morning too and haven't experienced problems yet, but Í'll probably run into them sooner or later then..

TVTV likes this.
  2. ascent
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2019

3. JPare
    Eclair Oct 17, 2019

JPare , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Hi everyone! I have good news. I’ve got my OnePlus 7 back and looks like it has been fixed. On the issue report it says that the problem was “ghost touch” and it has been fixed by replacing the screen.

JPare

1571308002887.jpg

1571308002902.jpg

devil4, ascent and TVTV like this.
  4. TomsonThomas24
    Donut Oct 17, 2019

TomsonThomas24 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Hi
    A week before i had a complained with the slider and my phone is Oneplus 7. The problem was rectified and they had to change the Board and the display for the Slider. Now its working well. After this the other issue started Ambient display and Double tap works sometimes only. When asked the service center they said it may be becoz of software issue. Does anybody had the same issues

5. TVTV
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

TVTV , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Thank you for following up, JPare. Let us know if it's really fixed. The bug is intermittent so you may not notice it immediately.

Alex

JPare likes this.
  6. ascent
    Honeycomb Oct 20, 2019

ascent , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Great news. Let me know it it really is gone

7. ascent
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2019

ascent , Oct 22, 2019 :
    So how have the last days been ? And for all of us out here, if this really fixes it, how can we say to OnePlus that we want a screener placement and not a software downgrade like the other here?

8. JPare
    Eclair Oct 22, 2019

JPare , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Good afternoon,

Right now I was going to inform you, after testing the device in several applications and games I have not detected any symptoms of ghost touches. So it seems that the problem has been solved.

Best regards

JPare

ascent likes this.
  9. JPare
    Eclair Oct 22, 2019

JPare , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Regarding the type of repair to request, I consider that from OP they have already detected the error and, consequently, found the solution. I reported my mistake as "Ghost touch".

Regards

ascent and devil4 like this.
  10. ascent
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2019

ascent , Oct 30, 2019 :
    Well, that leaves the others with an option as well, send it in for repairs and hope for screen replacement or getting somebody who doesn't know about the problem, downgrades the software and returns the phone... hmm... I was really hoping for a softwarefix for this.

What is the rest going to do?

11. skaolo
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

skaolo , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Guys, I feel I am obliged to share my experience. I have exactly the same issue with my OP7. I was tempted to finally send it in after positive feedback of changing the screen here. *I will not complain here about the lousiness of the official local seller who needed one week to send it to oneplus and and another one to get it back*.
    So, I described the issue and was really hoping to get the screen replaced... and it indeed got replaced. I was really happy with the fact, for the moment.

Cause the issue... is still there after the screen replacement!!

I wasted two weeks and lots of nerves using old phone as replacement. I am done fighting with them, I need working phone. I am extremelly disappointed and simply cannot recommend oneplus to anyone anymore, as I used to very much. I plan to put some wrap or some other case and use the phone, cause selling it would not feel good as the unit is faulty. Then it's the last oneplus in my family...

ascent likes this.
  12. ascent
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2019

ascent , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Ugh really.. that's really bad news for us.. Now I'm really lost again. I thought I'd be a softwareissue, after @JPare experiences, I believed it to be hardware.. Now I'm not so sure again.... argh.

Nevertheless, thanks a bunch for sharing your experiences!

skaolo likes this.
  13. JPare
    Eclair Nov 6, 2019

JPare , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Good afternoon,

Yes, it is bad news and a bad experience with this device.
    As I said, after the repair they did on my device (screen change) the ghost touch no longer appeared and everything seemed and seems to work normally. It is worth mentioning that last week playing a game with joystick appeared ghost touches but it was a punctual event since on the other occasions it works correctly. In short, the problem, even if it is practically non-existent, continues to occur and I still cannot refer it to a software or hardware problem.

I would be grateful if the people who processed the repair would share their experience as well.

Regards, JPare.

skaolo and ascent like this.
  14. ascent
    Honeycomb Nov 6, 2019

ascent , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Let's hope ob5 fixes it:

New OOS Open Beta for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro

Details
    • Version: OB5
    • Type: #ota
    • Build: #beta
    • Device: #OP7 #OP7P

Changelog

System
    • Optimized adaptive brightness
    • Optimized touch experience while playing
    games
    • Fixed the the navigation bar color under the
    dark mode
    • Added privacy alerts for the applications with
    the permissions access to camera, location etc
    • Improved the system stability and fixed the
    known issues

Weather
    • Improved stability and fixed the known issues

Emergency Rescuer
    • Optimized the functionality to improve product
    experience

devil4 likes this.
  15. ascent
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2019

ascent , Nov 7, 2019 :
    Too bad. It was fine for a day, but broken again now, so this doesn't fix it

skaolo likes this.
  16. ascent
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2019

skaolo likes this.
  17. skaolo
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2019

skaolo , Nov 7, 2019 :
    There were somehow similiar issues with OP1 few years back

For sure it's grounding related (when you also touch top of the phone problem stops). In my case it happens after longer use of phone (when it gets warmer, so glue-grounding problem might be the case here as well).

I just hope this is not simply faulty design construction and might be fixed by software fix, as OP7 Pro did. I also hope OnePlus will eventually acknowledge the problem. Non pro version is not so popular worldwide and most people use supplied case I think, so it's not easy to bring attention to the issue. Despite that it's a great phone nevertheless.

ascent and TVTV like this.
  18. ascent
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019 at 10:28 AM