Oneplus 7 touch issues

1. TVTV
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2019

TVTV , Aug 5, 2019 :
    I've looked at digitizer issues on various phones these days and the fix for most of them (if any) was to install newer firmware that tweaked the digitizer. Also, Eduard says he has installed a custom ROM earlier (Lineage OS) to the same effect (bug persists). It's a guess but, i hope, an educated one.

Alex

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019

tagilso and eduardeutsch like this.
  2. tagilso
    Eclair Aug 5, 2019

tagilso , Aug 5, 2019 :
    TVTV is totally right according to my experience.
    This kind of issues have to be addressed at firmware level either by fixing or tweaking the panel code (that is not open sourced, but a closed binary often called "blob").
    Any updated version of Android will never ever fix the issue. The only chance is that OnePlus wakes up and release a fix ASAP.

TVTV and eduardeutsch like this.
  3. ascent
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2019

ascent , Aug 5, 2019 :
    What launcher do you guys use? I have a workaccount too with oneplus launcher which I don't use that often but seems less frequently ghosting while my personal mainaccount running nova launcher has more problems. what's your experience?

4. gumminis
    Froyo Aug 6, 2019

TVTV likes this.
  5. TVTV
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019

6. G_Hemanth Chenna Reddy
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2019

7. devil4
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019

devil4 , Aug 6, 2019 :
    I sent two logs to bughunter a week ago. I hope they can fix it soon...

8. ascent
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2019

9. TVTV
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019

TVTV , Aug 6, 2019 :
    Hey guys,

I've contacted support via chat. I've sent them the video which i have posted here before and the verdict is that the device should be sent to the service center. The person whom i have chatted with was helpful but did not seem familiar with the issue. When asked if they have seen such issues with this model before that were fixed via the service center, he's told me this: "Yes, Alex. Such similar issues have been resolved in the past one way or the other. :)". It's not a very comforting answer, to be honest. I will hold on to the device for a while longer before sending it in to be cracked open (and maybe come back showing the same behavior). Maybe an upcoming SW update will fix it after all. But if anybody decides to send theirs in for repairs, please let us know how it goes.

It'd be GREAT if OP acknowledges this bug and lets us know what they are doing about it.

Sheez, i hate being the guy spreading FUD but there're so many issues with this year's batch of OP phones. Random shutdowns, ghost touches... Shame, their devices look and feel great, not to speak of the very well made flavor of Android...

Alex

devil4, ascent, eduardeutsch and 3 others like this.
  10. G_Andreas_Glatz_YMJL
    Froyo Aug 6, 2019

G_Andreas_Glatz_YMJL , Aug 6, 2019 :
    thank you for your information.
    the only thing that makes ne very Bad and sad is the fact, that oneplus give no statement about the issue. we do not know if its a HW or sw Problem. No Bug Hunter contacted me yet. thats a shame...

TVTV likes this.
  11. ascent
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2019

ascent , Aug 6, 2019 :
    neither has my report been confirmed yet. I guess it's a relatively rare HW issue as only a few people in here really complain. I think I'm gonna send it back too

12. TVTV
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019

TVTV , Aug 6, 2019 :
    I feel the same way, too. This is supposed to be a community-driven company but apparently they do not interact with the community at all. Although two people have said that they have in fact been contacted by bug hunters with regards to this issue.

Clearly they have made some mistakes with the HW before; see the OP X...
    Are you still within the return window? Or will you send it in for a repair?

Alex

eduardeutsch likes this.
  13. eduardeutsch
    Eclair Aug 6, 2019

TVTV likes this.
  14. ascent
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2019

TVTV likes this.
  15. devil4
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019

16. JPare
    Donut Aug 7, 2019

JPare , Aug 7, 2019 :
    Thanks God I'm not alone on this! I though this happened cus drit or sweat on the screen, I removed the screen protector and nothing changed...

Then, I must think that it is a software problem? I have requested a repair of the product cus wareanty still covers...

TVTV likes this.
  17. TVTV
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2019

TVTV , Aug 7, 2019 :
    You're not alone, JPare. :)

So you have sent the phone in for repairs. Can you PLEASE let us know whether they fix it for you? We are dying to know if this is a hardware or a software defect.

Alex

18. JPare
    Donut Aug 7, 2019

JPare , Aug 7, 2019 :
    No problem! Anyway I can't understand why OnePlus didn't posted about it front this evidence situation

J.

19. D1564870502767
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2019

D1564870502767 , Aug 7, 2019 :
    Hoping they sort this soon or announce something. I'm putting my order on hold. I want my first experience with android to be a good one

TVTV and G_Andreas_Glatz_YMJL like this.
  20. TVTV
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2019

TVTV , Aug 7, 2019 :
    The phone is great, their take on Android is awesome as well. But yes, for now I'd wait a bit longer before buying the 7 or the 7 pro, until they iron out most bugs (be they HW or SW).

Alex

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019