Other Oneplus 7 won't unlock.

1. sijuvrm
    Eclair Nov 25, 2019

sijuvrm , Nov 25, 2019 :
    Facing strange problem with my Oneplus 7.
    I have fingerprint and PIN setup for my Oneplus 7.

Today suddenly the fingerprint unlocking stopped working, and when entering PIN also it didn't respond I restarted it. After that I am always entering correct PIN but it wouldn't unlock. After entering PIN I see it's changing screen like it's going to unlock but then lands back on lock screen.

I know the PIN is correct because because on entering wrong PIN it says so, But when entering correct PIN it just flashes screen and returns back to lock screen.

I tried via recovery too, there also I entered the correct PIN, it says 'decrypting...' everytime but nothing happens and It returns back to Password entering black background screen.

I researched, there is no forget password option for Oneplus 7 on lock screen, and there I don't want to hard reset as I don't have recent backup. I moved to Oneplus 7 just 10 days ago. Is there a way I can save my data or solve this issue without hard reset ? And any idea why this is happening in the first place.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019

2. shail2411
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2019

Oneplususersince14 likes this.
  3. sijuvrm
    Eclair Nov 27, 2019

sijuvrm , Nov 27, 2019 :
    Only fix possible is to factory reset it. That is what they did in OP Service Center. Lost everything. They told there is no other way to make the phone working again.

4. shail2411
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

shail2411 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Same here. Looks like some bug in Android 10. Enabled the work profile. I had 3 years data in it. Lost everything now. **** you OnePlus

5. V1575305642881
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2019

V1575305642881 , Dec 2, 2019 :
    Same here. Looks like some bug in Android 10. Enabled the work profile. I had 1 month very important data.Lost everything now and i called OnePlus call center, initially they accepted when my son call and ask him to do factory default reset. When i called for confirmation they were not accepting that there is bug. Continuously arguing and putted call for IVR to feedback. Very very bad experience of OnePlus 7 pro which i have buy first time OnePlus product.

6. Oneplususersince14
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

Oneplususersince14 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Have the exact same issue and am locked out of my device. OnePlus doesn't seem to care about it's customers like it used to and they just tell me to do a hard reset on my own even after visiting the service centre.

Shounox likes this.
  7. V1575885434556
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2019

V1575885434556 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Same issue - Just 3 months and in a week, 2 consecutive days i have visited Service Center with no proper fix. Can someone reply what could be the reason/solution for this?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019

Shounox likes this.
  8. correacristobal
    Cupcake Dec 16, 2019

correacristobal , Dec 16, 2019 :
    Just lost all my data as well. Work profile was enabled and I was doing stuff on it last I could use the phone.

OnePlus, please find a fix for this.

9. qchero
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2019

qchero , Dec 24, 2019 :
    Same here, can't unlock after downloading an update... Also has work profile enabled so seems something wrong with work profile. This is a really bad experience.

10. DAVEnet
    Eclair Dec 27, 2019

11. apilbeam
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2019

apilbeam , Dec 28, 2019 :
    Brand new OnePlus 7 arrived today, updated to Android 10 and set up work mode to get the same issue.
    Had to factory reset and start again. Any known workarounds? Need this sorted for work.

12. mittalgazal
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2020

13. slayerfan
    Eclair Jan 3, 2020

14. apilbeam
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2020

15. Tarun Upadhyay
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2020

Tarun Upadhyay , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Hi There,
    Has there there been any fix for above issue. Recently i changed my mobile to OnePlus 7T. In 9 days and i had to hard reset my device four times. I am same issue where device is not recognising me password.

Kindly help

16. usamaifti
    Eclair Apr 18, 2020

usamaifti , Apr 18, 2020 :
    Same thing happened to me on my Oneplus 7 Pro today after the new update was installed. This sucks that Oneplus does not have any way to recover our files. Have been a OnePlus fanboy since day one and had never had these issues. Looks like prices are going up and software quality is going down.

17. angads25
    Cupcake May 26, 2020

angads25 , May 26, 2020 :
    I am using Oneplus 7 and have faced this issue today. I enabled work profile in my phone few days ago. I have lost my years of data just because of this issue. I can't imagine how they can be so irresponsible about this.

H1598432543921 likes this.
  18. HarshalShukla
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2020

HarshalShukla , Jun 1, 2020 :
    I think this is a serious bug with OnePlus brand models and need a fix immediately. Basically, underlying problem is, for problematic brand new phones, user who ignores or forgets to install system updates and starts using phone as is, and sets up PIN or pattern for unlocking screen and restarts phone, finally reach to this dead end where phone asks for password which he never setup and he has no option other than hard reset and lose all data. After restart, phone should check that if user has setup password or PIN or pattern and should ask the user accordingly. Currently the restarted phone without system updates is asking for password blindly without even checking that user has even really setup password or PIN or pattern. I am sharing my experience and my solution on this problem. I bought a brand new one plus 7T, unpacked it and completed all initial setup steps like linking google account, security by setting up PIN etc. I Installed all required apps and in the meanwhile my phone battery drained out and it got shut down. When I charged battery and started again, it has started asking me password which I never setup. I tried many times but I was pretty sure I never setup password or pattern. I contacted support chat, searched many articles, finally hard reset was the only way to get my phone working again but with loss of all my data. But with the fear that again if I setup PIN and phone restart, it will give me same problem. Then just for exploring the permanent solution, I installed android updates by going to Settings->System-> System Updates, downloaded all updates till the screen showed message 'Your system is up to date'. Updates which I installed was 'Oxygen OS 10.3.2.HD65AA'. And again to replicate the problem, I setup PIN for this phone and similar to last time, I haven't setup my password and pattern. And again I restarted my phone. Finally, this time, it asked my PIN to unlock my phone. Then I tried setting up pattern and restarted, then it asked my pattern to unlock. So, this has resolved my problem permanently. At least till next time I hard reset my phone. Hope this helps others who are facing the same issue.

19. U1591793977693
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2020

U1591793977693 , Jun 10, 2020 :
    EUREKA.... I found a solution to this problem. I faced this same issue after I downloaded my office applications on my personal One Plus 7t and faced the same issue. My phone could not recognise my PIN....like you all...I was really surprised and wondered what was happening....I k ow that the PIN I was entering was correct....so researched online and found that it is a known issue and the only solution is to hard boot and default to factory settings......i was heart broken....upset....all my pictures and videos....you guys want it to write the solution right? Wait for it 😛....so...I was upset...and also mad at One Plus... remembered the day when I purchased this and also bought it for my wife....anyways...so...I tried different stupid PINS like rest of you...1234.....0000....my birth date...birthday year...but of course I knew this was not the PIN...so........all of a sudden....I realised that the space to enter my PIN has increased from 4 digits to 8....and I tried the most stupid thing of all.....typed my original pin twice....and....................................,............................

IT WORKED

True story....my 4 digit pin became 8 digit....and I figured it out.....thank me later 😄

20. U1591793977693
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2020

U1591793977693 , Jun 10, 2020 :

Sir, read my response..same thing happened with me on downloading my work profile...I posted a solution down in thisbthread