[Submitted] Oneplus 7t camera freezes on Android 11

1. luis0925
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2021

luis0925 , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Camera app freezes when choosing wide angle lens

2. Trishala Anusha
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 9, 2021

Trishala Anusha , Apr 9, 2021 :
    We would like to check this further and have got in touch with you via personal conversation for more details and would request you to respond the same.

Regards,
    Anusha

3. amerrison82
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

amerrison82 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 11, 2021 :
    This bug has been around since the beta 3 update and reported many times as a pure software issue, I have sent logs before and after roll back to OOS10.0.16 and after rollback no issue so definitely not a hardware fault, which I have also logged with them. There was also an issue when entering portrait mode. To compound it using an external camera software eg Snapchat still caused the crash with wide angle lense so definitely an issue they should have solved BEFORE. OOS11 release

RyanPrance likes this.
  4. Titaniumlad
    Eclair Apr 12, 2021

Titaniumlad , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Same issue here. Very disappointed that I can't use Android 11. I have tried clearing cache and data. Nothing works. I have tried a clean downgrade and upgrade. My model is apparently 1903. Not sure if the issue is specific to a hardware model?

RyanPrance and zapara like this.
  5. Titaniumlad
    Eclair Apr 12, 2021

Titaniumlad , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Fixed! A mismatch between hardware and software versions. Once I downgraded from a Global version to an EU version and then upgraded to OOS 11 the wide-angle camera works:) Hope this can help others.

6. zapara
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

zapara , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Hi to all. Please, help to solve problem with default Camera App on OnePlus 7T HD1903, Android 11 beta 4.

I also observed this problem on the stable version of Android 11.

I thought I would upgrade to the beta version and the problem would be solved, but unfortunately this didn't happen.

7. Titaniumlad
    Eclair Apr 14, 2021

Titaniumlad , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 14, 2021 :
    I suggest downgrading to stable OOS 10,then upgrade to OOS 11. Make sure software version matches hardware.
    Easiest to get versions from XDA repo thread.
    Worked for me!