OnePlus 7T camera issues via OnePlus 7T

1. mopages
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

mopages , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 29, 2019 :
    Just moved from a Galaxy S8 to the OnePlus7T I expected the camera department would be an upgrade. However I noticed that focusing isn't great I often get moving blurry pics which wouldn't happen on the S8 and also there's no motion picture function? Also the time taken to take the pic is longer...
    Other minor things like when you take pictures whilst taking a video there should be visual feedback that a picture was taken like the button should press or something.
    Could these issues please be addressed/entered as feature requests if necessary.
    Otherwise the speed of the device is great!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019

swon888 and Tax_Mny like this.
  2. 8096862469
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2019

8096862469 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 2, 2019 :
    Yeah camera is not worth the value it's not falgship range it may compete with redmi, vivo,oppo and realme but not a chance with brands like Samsung, apple, Google pixel and LG.. I think the camera hardware great issues with the software only hope it will fix with update

mopages and swon888 like this.
  3. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

Tax_Mny , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I came from the same exact phone and I noticed it as well. This phone struggles to focus in low light. It is such a disappointment because the hardware is very capable. I hope OnePlus can fix the focus via software update.

Other than the low light photos, I'm pretty pleased with the camera.

mopages and 8096862469 like this.
  4. mopages
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019

mopages , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Yeah the focusing is frustrating, I noticed with video on the Galaxy you'd tap once where you want to focus and the lighting would lock and remain consistent. With the OnePlus even if you adjust and lock the lighting it's still not consistent or so good. Face tracking needs work too.
    You guys found a gcam app that beats the stock camera yet? - Personally I've found none that beat the stock camera all round... some take sharper video but then lack the ability to use the additional lenses...

5. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2019

Tax_Mny , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I have not tried another camera app yet. I heard Gcam is good though. I wish OnePlus is listening/watching. Then again if their developers are using the phone they should already know about the focus issue.