Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

68.9%
  2. No

21.7%
  3. Kinda

9.4%
  1. alanthast0s
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2019

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  2. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2019

Nimish Naik , Nov 1, 2019 :
    What I have noticed is that the tint / unusual color patches are move evident when captured or viewed from another phone's camera and not so evident while seeing through the naked eye. Can someone confirm this?

3. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2019

Madhuresh , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 1, 2019 :
    Having this same issue mine is pink/red type of tint (check pictures). Do they provide refund for this issue? i dont wanna live with this forever for me it is even visible in day light.
    1572585581112.jpg

1572585581196.jpg

1572585581261.jpg

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  4. ramon288
    Eclair Nov 1, 2019

ramon288 , Nov 1, 2019 :
    My 7T grey version (EU) had the issue, so I traded it for a new one. Second one had the same problem, so I traded it for a third one. Third one had the problem, so I got it refunded completely.

The fact that Oneplus denies this is an issue is laughable.

Abhi Dahiya and Nilesh bajaj26 like this.

5. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2019

it is exactly 1 month old, i did visit the service center and they offered a screen replacement but i said i would rather prefer a full device replacement as it is just 1 month old so they mailed their team regarding the same and will reply me within 24 hours if whole device replacement is possible.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  6. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 1, 2019 :
    They may replace it, but there's no guarantee that the new one will be issue free.

Madhuresh likes this.
  7. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2019

Exactly my point i will see once they replace the screen or the whole device if the replacement is having the same issue i wont be accepting it and will ask for refund instead.

8. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 1, 2019 :
    Which service centre will you be visiting?

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  9. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2019

OnePlus Exclusive Service Center in Ahmedabad, Gujarat located at CG Road.

10. Abhi Dahiya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2019

11. parag265
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2019

parag265 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Nov 1, 2019 :

well received my replacement device today after testing this one. here is the result.
    1572635009188.jpg

1572635009273.jpg

1572635009339.jpg

really disappointed in oneplus this time we have 5 oneplus devices in the family and this is the worst of it.

requested refund this time from amazon. let's hope it goes smoothly. will take a break from oneplus for time being

Abhi Dahiya and ramon288 like this.
  12. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 1, 2019

Pavitrakumar , Nov 1, 2019 :
    Hi,

I recently bought a onepus 7T (few days back) and I just stumbled upon this issue and decided to test it myself. Upon just looking at the screen on various brightness levels, I do see a very slight green tint on the top part of the screen. So, I decided to record a video from a oneplus one with a perfectly working camera in pitch dark room.

link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yeOtC95-jZetZBVR-c0hsshVU0uIMTDV
    (~it's ~800mb~ here is the youtube link: https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=INggKMGfxUk - 5 mins long; feel free to share the video.)

experiments made:
    -60hz, 90hz - various brightness settings (top/bottom screen difference still persists)
    -DC dimming on/of - various brightness settings (completely eliminates the difference)
    -brightness level (top/bottom screen difference is perceivable only if the brightness is around 15-25%)

[sorry for the very bad focus, I tried to focus well, but oneplus one is from 2014 so.. :oops: the camera quality in low light is bad...]

I believe either all the phones are having this issue and people who are not seeing this are just not sensitive enough or it's a very minor issue that can be solved using software updates.

Now, if someone from oneplus official team can address this question by looking at the video, it would be very helpful.

-Is this difference because of the blue light filtering technology? if so, why does it only affect the top part of the screen?

Edit 1:
    DC dimming does not totally solve the problem. Turn on DC dimming and try opening this image in full screen in some files explorer app and try to cover the center portion of the image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1skXTszRhaKP8A0jO4g0rzocKJz0IvSHZ
    you will see that the top portion of the screen is slightly lit while the bottom portion is not (even though the color is same)

Edit 2: if you want to clearly see if the problem exists or not, download this (https://www.rtings.com/images/test-materials/2016/5-percent.png) image and open it in full screen (full zoom in - it's just a single color). Got this from one of the reddit threads related to this issue.

Edit 3: Build info:
    1. Bought in India
    2. See above and decide for yourself if it's bad or ok. IMHO, it's not bad.
    3. QC: 002A / Date: 2019.10.15
    4. 128GB
    5. Blue

Edit 4: Not that I'm doubting OP's claim about TUV certification, but a page showing it's certification would be nice. I can't find anything relevant here: https://www.certipedia.com/search/matching_product_certificates?utf8=✓&locale=en&q=GUANGDONG OPPO
    Maybe someone with more knowledge about phone model numbers can pitch in here.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019

sochaux_ and Nilesh bajaj26 like this.
  13. dewynn
    Eclair Nov 2, 2019

dewynn , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 2, 2019 :
    To those who have managed to get a replacement with issues still persisting - how easy would it be to get a refund once the replacement is received and the issue still remains. Really thinking about skipping on the 7T and just holding on to my OP6.

14. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2019

Madhuresh , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 2, 2019 :
    was your device eligible for amazon replacement that is under 10 days window period?

15. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2019

dewynn

To those who have managed to get a replacement with issues still persisting - how easy would it be to get a refund once the replacement is received and the issue still remains. Really thinking about skipping on the 7T and just holding on to my OP6.​

i would suggest you to skip it, using the device at night makes it look so horrible that i feel like i wasted my 38k

16. parag265
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2019

parag265 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Nov 2, 2019 :
    yes. i checked for tint issue the first thing when device arrived. i wish i could have known this before i placed the order. but first one got replaced and second one will be returned.

Abhi Dahiya and Madhuresh like this.
  17. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2019

Thats great bro here i m stuck with this piece of shit having red tint which is pathetic

18. parag265
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2019

parag265 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Nov 2, 2019 :
    agreed. thats why i am returning it didnt know the issue existed beforehand. otherwise i would have skipped this one too.
    next time will wait at least a month or so before buying a oneplus device.