Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform) via OnePlus 7T

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

62.7%
  2. No

24.2%
  3. Kinda

13.1%
  1. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 8, 2019 at 7:39 AM

Linus14. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 8, 2019 at 7:39 AM :
    i was planned to visit OnePlus store chennai tomorrow for one last time for this issue. if they won't accept this could be my OnePlus device.

2. Cherarules
    Donut Nov 8, 2019 at 7:42 AM

Cherarules , Nov 8, 2019 at 7:42 AM :
    good luck [e]1f44d[/e]

3. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 8, 2019 at 7:44 AM

4. G_Kartike_Bansal_xsZp
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2019 at 10:04 AM

G_Kartike_Bansal_xsZp , Nov 8, 2019 at 10:04 AM :
    Hey, are you sure there is not any green tint issue? Actually, I also get it replaced at the OnePlus Jaipur service centre. My previous one have some good amount of green tint. After replacement, my new phone have less visible tint but it's still there. Now, I am not sure should I go for the replacement again.

5. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2019 at 10:13 AM

Madhuresh , Nov 8, 2019 at 10:13 AM :
    You should go for refund you didnt pay 38K or 40K for a displaying having tint like that.

G_Kartike_Bansal_xsZp likes this.
  6. parag008
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM

parag008 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Nov 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM :
    Why Oneplus is denying tint issues even when so many users are suffering and they have hard proofs to show the issue at hand.

Oneplus having a logo of "never settle" why have settled for something like this?

users would like to know the response of @Pete

Abhi Dahiya and abhi9888 like this.
  7. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 8, 2019 at 1:43 PM

8. abhi9888
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2019 at 6:21 PM

abhi9888 , Nov 8, 2019 at 6:21 PM :
    I purchased 7t a month ago I just noticed it it is different for me as when I am at minimum brightness with night mode on the white light leaks from the top and bottom of phone at black background

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  9. IdennAzure
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2019 at 3:42 AM

IdennAzure , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 at 3:42 AM :
    Replacement update:
    So after taking 14 days to review my previous unit, OnePlus shipped me a replacement phone.

After checking, the new unit has a minor tint in about 2 square centimeters at brightness of 5% or below, which I've decided seems acceptable.

10. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 9, 2019 at 8:45 AM

Pavitrakumar , Nov 9, 2019 at 8:45 AM :
    So, I guess they are now giving better replacements?
    Is it possible for you to upload a pic of how the tint looks in a darkroom (in your replacement phone)? Also, it would really help if you could mention the QC/batch no. of your old and your new replacement phone. I've been trying to gather some data on whether the issue is localized to certain QC builds (OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 8:57 AM

11. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019 at 9:08 AM

Linus14. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 at 9:08 AM :
    I'm right now in OnePlus they telling me that they going to just replace my display. i have asked them replacement of device but they accepting it.

12. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 9, 2019 at 9:52 AM

Pavitrakumar , Nov 9, 2019 at 9:52 AM :
    Well then, ask for a refund or a guarantee that the new screen will not be problematic.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  13. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019 at 9:57 AM

Linus14. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 at 9:57 AM :
    they have not accepting. they told that they can change tha display that is what the highest resolution can be done. they told that the device is in warranty don't worry about future problem. i have asked for an replacement and waiting there.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  14. U1511590769412
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2019 at 11:41 AM

U1511590769412 , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 at 11:41 AM :
    Don't you guys think it is better to wait now and replace the screen later because, at this moment, you just can't guarantee that the replacement device or screen is free of these tint issues...
    Maybe the later batches of devices have better screens.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  15. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 9, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Pavitrakumar , Nov 9, 2019 at 12:25 PM :
    You can't replace the device after a certain time I think. I'm not sure though...
    Replacement of screen requires opening phone and I'm not sure how well the waterproofing stuff will hold up once you do that. Nevertheless, this should NOT be happening. It's a quality control issue and if no one from oneplus is going to admit it, then just refund should be offered.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  16. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Pavitrakumar , Nov 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM :
    Try speaking directly with the manager. Show this forum. Make them admit this is a problem.

17. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019 at 1:13 PM

Linus14. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 at 1:13 PM :
    i waited for the whole day but they giving me an resolution that your screen can only be replaced not your device can be replaced. they given me a statement that if u have purchased the device in OnePlus store we can able to replace it, because Amazon has different replacement warranty so we can't do anything about it. we can able to only replace the screen as it is under warranty i have escalated the call as much as i can. but the resolution is same at last they told me that we have send an request to management staff for an update whether it can be replaced if they accepts to replace they can do that but as of now they told that if you want your screen can be replaced, but device replacement is not going to happen. i fed up with there comments.

18. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019 at 1:14 PM

Linus14. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 at 1:14 PM :
    they have not accepting this as issue. if anyone faces these issues please visit the service centre as soon as possible

19. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 9, 2019 at 1:37 PM

Pavitrakumar , Nov 9, 2019 at 1:37 PM :
    @David Y. Your profile says you are the community manager here. I only saw a single comment of yours saying this _not_ a problem. Since your comment here was been many comments and photos clearly proving this is INDEED an issue - several posts reporting no tint and _varying_ levels of tint. So, did I pay nearly 40,000 INR to test my luck on whether I can get a defect/issue-free device? I surely don't remember paying a reduced amount to get a green-tinted panel as a compromise nor do I remember anyone in the showroom saying "hey, this device has a green tint that is super annoying" when I bought the phone.

Now there are plenty of customers who have not realized this yet and will probably will pretty soon as they start using their phones more. According to @Linus14. above, why is he being denied a refund or replacement on this purchase? If the device is just under 10 days old, why is a replacement or refund still not an option? You don't admit you have a QC problem, you don't listen to your customer's grievances and outright refuse to even give us an option on what we can do with the device. I have never seen after-sales communication be this bad in any of the previous companies I have bought products from.

Please address this issue.

Edit 1: @Linus14. clarified that it has been nearly 30 days since he bought the device. Still, not including this specific case, there shouldn't be a communication issue to this extent if it's a brand new phone.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 2:22 PM

Abhi Dahiya and Linus14. like this.
  20. ramon288
    Donut Nov 9, 2019 at 2:27 PM

ramon288 , Nov 9, 2019 at 2:27 PM :
    Just got my 4th Oneplus 7T. This time, 80% of the screen has a green tint which is visible from around 50% brightness, even at 70% in a dark room.

Oneplus is not very popular in my country, and I have always told people about their phones and about how great they are compared to more expensive brands. From now on I will actively tell people to avoid Oneplus at all cost. To sell such garbage quality screens in a 600 euro device and then have a community manager like @David Y. act like it is normal. Pathetic.

Atleast in my country they are forced to give refunds. I feel bad for their customers in different countries who have no choice but to use their broken phones.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.