Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

68.2%
  2. No

22.2%
  3. Kinda

9.6%
  1. H1571853675733
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2019

2. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

FullMetal98 , Nov 9, 2019 :
    OnePlus is denying the responses from the community, which it greatly boasts about. I have visited the service center in Bangalore. The person handling my request was not even ready to take the device in for testing or even examining. They are mentioning it is pretty normal and even verbally confirmed that all the OP7T and OP7T Pro displays are same (I think the people havent noticed it yet).

They showed me the official announcement document and directly denied any further action. From the way they treated the request I am sure that OnePlus has stopped caring about customers. The person who handled the request even asked me to raise a complaint or report the issue on forums. Are you ***king kidding me. There are a load of posts and still no response from none of the responsible persons. The only direct contact we have to OnePlus is through service centers, but they are asking us to contact virtually through forums.

If they are mentioning that the tints are normal, I am sure we can ask why this was not mentioned at the time of device launch or at the time of purchase. Everyone was expecting normal displays (as per industry standard, not as per OnePlus standards).

If the issue is still treated as normal, they should be ready to inform about the tints to the customers buying the device. They should make a permanent note visible to the consumers at the time of purchase. So, that they can skip taking any kind of action.

They are trying to save a lot of money by ignoring it.

After using OnePlus devices for 3 years and observing the actions closely I am sure this is where the downfall of OnePlus begins.

Users who are waiting for the next batch of devices to be manufactured so that they can go in and request for a replacement and get a device without "issues", GOODLUCK. It is already too late.
    If you dont react now, you might have to live with the same device.

3. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

4. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

I dont have any hopes that they are going to respond, seeing how it has gone until now.
    I am sure buying this device is the worst decision of my life. I didnt think I would say this about a OnePlus device, already been using one for 3 years.

5. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

Linus14. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 :
    i have faced the same in OnePlus store chennai but at last they told me they can change display unit but not the device. i have asked for replacement for device but no response from them. they told they escalated the issue waiting for response.

6. IdennAzure
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2019

IdennAzure , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 :
    I won't be able to get a pic until I'm done with my work assignment, I don't have a second device.

Bad phone: QC O306D 2019.10.11
    New phone: QC: O306N 2019.10.10

7. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

As they are saying that it is not an issue and denying replacement or giving the money back, mention that no one was informed about this tints before purchase. If that is not a issue they should be ready to make a press release about the same with all the photos describing the issues on this thread.

8. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

Linus14. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 :
    they have not accepting the issue. i have been sitting in store from morning to evening and made them.to understand there is an issue in there display. atlast they accepted and they told that there is an issue with the display but i have them for replacement. they told that if u have bought in OnePlus store we can give replacement but u bought in Amazon u can contact them and ask for replacement. after 30 days they telling to contact Amazon and ask for replacement. this is wat i have experienced with OnePlus today.

9. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 9, 2019 :
    I have visited service center just 3 days after purchasing the device. But they have asked me to wait for a OTA update (10.0.4) which would be released by the end of that week. They informed me that OnePlus is working on an update and checking if that was a software issue. At that same time I even asked if I need to get replacement from Amazon. They mentioned that it is not required and if that is not solved by the OTA update they will take care of it. Well you know the situation now.
    OnePlus is just playing with it's customers and wasting the consumers time with useless and unacceptable behavior.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  10. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 9, 2019

Pavitrakumar , Nov 9, 2019 :
    What is your status at the moment? waiting for a refund? or replacement?

11. F_Marty_Adams_bHgV
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

F_Marty_Adams_bHgV , Nov 9, 2019 :
    I have just received my Mclaren Edition and I have the same problem. I've been on to 2 different customer service agents, 1 says wait for an update and another says there's nothing wrong with the display. They can't give me a time frame on when an update is out but if I miss my 30 day window I'll lose out.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  12. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

They have taken the device in for examinng. Technically it's in repair, but they said they will decide what to do after technician examines.
    By the looks of it, I don't think they are ready to do anything. They have taken my device because I have asked repeatedly and firmly about it.
    It might be just a waste of time, as it is happening with others in different centers.

13. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

They are playing with you, there is no update scheduled for this issue. In the community announcement they mentioned it is not an issue they think will affect the customers daily use. But if we think it is affecting, we should contact the service center. Show them the official announcement on this thread, I think it is in the beginning, might take some searching.

ramon288 likes this.
  14. F_Marty_Adams_bHgV , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 9, 2019 :
    I don't have a service centre where I live and customer support are useless so I don't know what to do.

15. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

You will have to find a way to contact them. Or order for a replacement online before the window closes and you might get a better device. Everything seems to be a matter of luck.

16. Cherarules
    Eclair Nov 9, 2019

Cherarules , Nov 9, 2019 :
    Guys! Im so confused now after 10.0.5 update green tint on my phone seems like it reduced by half,WTF!!

17. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 10, 2019

18. U1541298776665
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2019

U1541298776665 , Nov 10, 2019 :
    My 1st 7T vs my S10 (I am sending back to T-Mobile for jump). I exchanged that 7T and the new one is hardly noticable if looking for it (it is an oled I don't expect it to be flawless at minimum brightness)

Attached Files:

19. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 10, 2019

Pavitrakumar , Nov 10, 2019 :
    Can you post a pic of the new 7T in the same dark conditions?

U1541298776665 likes this.
  20. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2019

Nimish Naik , Nov 10, 2019 :
    Whoa !! can you post some pictures?