Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

24.4%
  3. Kinda

12.0%
  1. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 14, 2019

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Got fed up trying to explain the engineers the difference between feature and an issue.

Everyone just ask for a refund.

I got my replacement and it was worst.
    When I said I can't live with this device in this status, they literally asked me for the solution when they should be the ones responding to the customers.

Then they said there will be a official release and mention on the website about this. I couldn't trust them, so I requested a written official letter or some kind of communication validating this claim. They went blank.

They are bringing up bullshit reasons to get us out of the service centers because they can't handle it.

Abhi Dahiya and M Power like this.
  2. M Power
    Donut Nov 14, 2019

M Power , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Even I'm done enduring this ordeal by one plus. I have shot a mail to them explaining and documenting all the issue and communication I had with the service center and customer support staff and to initiate refund.

I'm yet to hear from them. Should they fail to respond then I would not hesitate to exercise the following Consumer Rights as provided in the Indian Consumer Protection Act,1986.

> The right to be fully informed about the performance and quality of all goods and services
    > The right to be heard in all decision-making processes related to consumer interests
    > The right to seek redressal, whenever consumer rights have been infringed

If there's anyone interested in seeking grievance redressal through consumer forum, use the below-mentioned link to register and submit your grievance.
    https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/user/index.php

Update as on 14th November 2019;
    Despite numerous emails to customer support I am yet to hear from them;

But after persistent calls to the Service Engineer I have now opted for refund and as per them it would take further more 5-7 working days for the refund to be processed.

I hereby take this opportunity to thank all those people who have contributed to this thread. Especially @Pavitrakumar and @FullMetal98.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019

3. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

Madhuresh , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Do let me know once you get refund credited in your account, i opted for the refund option too (3 days ago) and was told the same thing. Only thing i wonder is, are they going to refund us full amount or they are going to cut down taxes or something?

By the way which device are you planning to get once you get your refund?

4. THREE59
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

THREE59 , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Does this affect European models ? Mine is working just fine, though coming from a Moto Z Play, saturation was a major,major,major(love me some Flossy) stepdown.

5. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

l3art , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 15, 2019 :
    C1573247068372

Does this affect European models ? Mine is working just fine, though coming from a Moto Z Play, saturation was a major,major,major(love me some Flossy) stepdown.

Yes it does. Bought mine in The Netherlands and it had the issue (send it back to oneplus).

Edit:
    Just got an email from an Oneplus employee, that Oneplus is investigating the problem. So hopefully they will fix it with upcoming production models. For now, I'll just wait with buying a replacement model.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  6. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

Can you show us screenshot of that email?

7. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

1573837333674.jpg

Madhuresh

Can you show us screenshot of that email?

I can, but it's in Dutch. Don't know how your Dutch is ;-)

Edit:
    Here is the screenshot. Because of privacy reasons I removed the phone number, last name and some other text that doesn't really matter in this case.​

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019

Madhuresh likes this.
  8. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

xD okay then maybe copy paste it so that i can put it in translator.

9. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

The translation is:

Hi Bart,

We are aware of the problem with your device and OnePlus is investigating this problem.

Madhuresh likes this.

10. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

It might or might not work but the thing is this is a hardware issue which cannot be fixed with any sort of software changes. DC dimming might make it considerably less visible but it will still be there ruining your whole user experience. I would suggest you to get a replacement or a refund.

11. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

12. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Omg!! I thought that OnePlus is my dream company that manufactures great mobiles next to Apple in the world... But as of now I'm disappointed sir.. Suddenly when is use my mobile in less brightness with night mode... In my lock screen there appears something like purple color here and there covering the lock screen. I was afraid and rushed to the community here... And found many had same issue and disappointed now.

Before buying my dream mobile OP7T i know about the poor stabilization issue of AMOLED pannel..but those issues came from mobiles brought through Amazon.

So i decided to brought from official OnePlus.in site and brought it there on Nov5 it delivered to me. And suddenly today Nov16 i found this issues in my phone lock screen

I need refund someone over here please guide me for the process.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019

Nilesh bajaj26 and Raven1337 like this.
  13. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 16, 2019 :
    visit OnePlus service center as soon as possible. also read the replies above for better understanding of how the service center personnel are responding.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  14. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Yeah brother i read all comments and today I'm going to contact there customer care regarding this issue.

15. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 16, 2019 :
    I think it will be easier if you can visit service center directly. I feel like you will be able to explain the issue correctly and argue with them when they give stupid reasons. But no harm in contacting customer care.
    This just my opinion.
    Just ask for refund directly, if that's what you want.
    Not much use by opting for replacement. It is a matter of luck. I got replacement and it was worse.
    Opted for refund now. Going to drop in my replacement device today, so that they can initiate the refund.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  16. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Then you got replaced and that was even worse... And now your going for refund right brother..

Do there accept it...for refund
    Have you brought from oneplus.in site

17. parag008
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2019

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  18. Cherarules
    Eclair Nov 16, 2019

Cherarules , Nov 16, 2019 :

vrm.viknesh

Omg!! I thought that OnePlus is my dream company that manufactures great mobiles next to Apple in the world... But as of now I'm disappointed sir.. Suddenly when is use my mobile in less brightness with night mode... In my lock screen there appears something like purple color here and there covering the lock screen. I was afraid and rushed to the community here... And found many had same issue and disappointed now.

Before buying my dream mobile OP7T i know about the poor stabilization issue of AMOLED pannel..but those issues came from mobiles brought through Amazon.

So i decided to brought from official OnePlus.in site and brought it there on Nov5 it delivered to me. And suddenly today Nov16 i found this issues in my phone lock screen

I need refund someone over here please guide me for the process.​

color change in lock screen alike purple colour is not defective ,its made like that! due to reduction in the brightness other than finger print sensor area color change occurs ,it's not fault and nothing to do with issue we are discussing here,dont worry your device is fine.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019

19. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 17, 2019 :
    Even though its fine it affects my usage of mobile in night times... Whenever i switch to night mode the discoloration increases which makes my eyes to get strain alot.
    Tomorrow I'm going to visit the store to talk on issue