Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

65.1%
  2. No

23.9%
  3. Kinda

10.9%
  1. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 19, 2019 :
    @M Power
    @FullMetal98
    @Pavitrakumar

Yesterday I have visited the shop and stayed there for 4 hours. After a big quarrel with the engineer and the manager I have requested then for refund.

But they try to compromise me by saying that phones from India only has this problem and... So we will order from China and get the device for you. I don't know whether they are speaking truth.

They themselves said that many customers were coming and shouting for this same issue.

Finally they said they will call me and say today by 3'o clock. Whether to go with replacement or refund.After seeing all these issues throughout 5he world that too in a flagship mobile I was shocked.

Yersterday I have submitted my phone to them and waiting today for call back

Let's hope for best[e]1f623[/e] I will update if they says anything. Please supportme

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019

Nilesh bajaj26 likes this.
  2. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Moreover I front of me yesterday a customer came and shouting in the shop that his replacement also has the same issue... More than the old one...
    He have been waiting for refund to be credited itseems.

3. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

Madhuresh , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I submitted cancelled cheque and other id proofs at the service centre on 12th Nov hope to see refund soon using sluggish iPhone 6S right now.

I m confused about which device to get too, was thinking about adding some extra bucks to get OnePlus 7T Pro but it also has some sort of flickering lines on display while the phone is kept on charging (OnePlus said it will get fixed in OTA update). I might end up buying 7 Pro or 7T Pro as i dont see any other good option in this price range.

Flicker issue: (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/strange-horizontal-lines-flickering-on-display.1122577/)

One more issue with the 7T Pro xDDDDD (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...g-in-the-fingerprint-area-loud-sound.1141979/)

I guess OnePlus team messed up the T series really bad.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  4. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 19, 2019 :
    When I was behind them for replacement, the person handling my request in the service center verbally confirmed that all the 7T and 7T Pro Devices have the same thing with the display.
    So I am kinda worried to go for 7T Pro too

5. Madhuresh
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

Madhuresh , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Damn, do you know anyone having 7T Pro who can confirm the same? or maybe we should ask the same in 7T Pro subsection.

6. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I don't know anyone. Posting on the 7T thread and asking seems a better option.

7. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Yeah too me also they confirmed and they were afraid to give the stock they were having for replacement..... Because it also has same issue

8. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Nov 19, 2019

Pavitrakumar , Nov 19, 2019 :
    which service center is this in India?

So, I was right about India models having poor QC...

vrm.viknesh likes this.

9. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

l3art , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 19, 2019 :
    It's not true. Phones from China also have this issue. Mine was produced in China but unfortunately had the tint issue.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  10. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 19, 2019 :
    @l3art

Omg!!!! They said they will ring me by 3....later when i text them... He said manager willl contact me soon....

After one hour by 4:15 pm.... They said i will get call from Oneplus team by 5.....

Now time is 5:11.....I'm still waiting for their calll...

If any source person see this message kindly helpme out...

Kindly don't hurt feelings of a valuable customer....

11. ramon288
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

ramon288 , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I'm also in the Netherlands and got 5 units ( 2 bought, 3 replacement ). All of them had the exact same issue, and the last one I received was a couple of days ago. I would really just wait, if they don't even acknowledge the issue there's no reason to believe suddenly they are fixing the problem.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  12. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2019

l3art , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Pretty strange then that the majority on Tweakers says they don't notice the issue.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  13. ramon288
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

Yeah, same on reddit. I think part of it is just fanboyism also...

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  14. Dinerve , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 19, 2019 :

ramon288

Yeah, same on reddit. I think part of it is just fanboyism also...​

Well.....

With 573 posts and considering that not each post is a new user affected by the issue, put it against the number of devices sold since launch, this gives you the 'failure rate' coming from the ones that can spot it (I for one, while I can't say this is a reference screen, am not affected by what photos show).

Bash me if you will,but for OnePlus it's a non-issue as they stated.

TL;DR for all: If you are not happy with your device seek support or return your device if still within timelines. Sorry, I don't believe the ones that say I hadn't noticed until 3 weeks after my purchase that grey looked green or pink!

AMOLED screens on mid/low end devices are notorious for not being top notch, bar the horrid aspect of some pics here (that if true under the naked eye defo warrant replacement/refund), the rest are just reports of clueless buyers/hyped wanabee fanboys that expect their 600$ device to be flagship. Sorry (and surely not a fanboy here).

Cherarules likes this.
  15. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 19, 2019 :
    I for one was happy with my phone, until the 10th day (sadly the return period ended). That night, I noticed that the left side of the screen was purplish while the remaining part of the screen looked normal-ish. Then I noticed that at very low brightness, the display is not uniform at all (just like the AP review). Now I don't know what's normal, purple or green.

OnePlus didn't entertain requests for an exchange or even a repair. I did notice that 10 other people had come with the same complaint one day (it was a weekday), and were given the same response. If 10 people visited the service centre on a weekday, I can't imagine how it would've been on weekends. Even my old 1st Gen Moto X and OnePlus 3T didn't have such problems with the display (they were pretty much flawless, maybe I was lucky).

I eventually gave up and have using the phone normally since then. It still bugs me now and then, although seeing that I paid around ~$425 (although hard earned), I feel that I can't expect more than this.

OnePlus maybe more liberal with exchanges/refunds elsewhere, but in India they're not taking this seriously. OnePlus phones are considered to be flagships here as most people can't splurge 50k+ (~$714) on a "true flagship". Most people here don't even use the OnePlus community or don't know about it, so we cannot assume the number is very less.

Here's how my screen looks. The same thing is very much visible to the naked eye upto about 50% brightness on all dark grey/grey backgrounds. No, I'm not a fanboy, I only got the 7T because the ZenFone 6 was not in stock for a while, and the Rog Phone 2 was too big and yet to be launched.

1574204261596.jpg

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  16. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 19, 2019 :
    @Dinerve

May be your the lucky one who don't have the issue.. But not in every case..... Mine it was disgusting....
    Can anyone over here use the phones in night time with the 50-60% brightness.... The screen seeks such brightness to give proper display in viewing...
    If i reduce the brightness then the screen was ugly to seee...
    Its shame for the concern to have issues in Flagship models......

17. ramon288
    Eclair Nov 19, 2019

I used to agree with this, but since all 5 of my devices had this issue I am way more sceptical. I haven't seen a single oneplus 7T in real life yet that doesn't have this issue, maybe it should be more of an issue for Oneplus?

Also are you really saying it is okay for screens to be shitty because they are not flagship? The feature that they market with so much is just allowed to be broken, because it is only $600 instead of their $800 device? I will never understand why people will defend this, even 4-5 years ago you would find cheaper Amoled phones that didn't have issues this big.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  18. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 20, 2019 :
    The thing they highlight is 90 HZ DISPLAY.... BUT DISPLAY ITSELF HAVE THE FAULT

19. SaiKrishna078
    Eclair Nov 20, 2019

SaiKrishna078 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I've noticed after switching from light mode to dark mode after some days of using in light mode I've noticed that the greenish tint which i used to see on status bar earlier was alright! i mean the tint was gone... but i still noticing greenish tint on Chrome YouTube dark mode mainly at upper and lower margins of my OnePlus7T. By this i presume that this greenish tint gets off as we continue to use the device.

vrm.viknesh likes this.