Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

63.9%
  2. No

24.7%
  3. Kinda

11.5%
  1. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2019

l3art , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 23, 2019 :
    I've showed some friends who are here to visit us, they immediately saw the tint issue

shuvam3005 likes this.
  2. shuvam3005
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2019

shuvam3005 , Nov 23, 2019 :
    Yeah, I've seen the pics... it's quite bad in a lot of cases. The poor thing is OnePlus Denying it and doing nothing. If such a huge number of people complain of it, it's surely an issue. Community members aren't just making things up

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  3. M Power
    Donut Nov 24, 2019

M Power , Nov 24, 2019 :
    Same here. The last update that I got from center manager is that the refund is approved from operation's team. I've ringed them up several times but no avail. Will update here on any developments.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  4. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 24, 2019

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 24, 2019 :
    Same here.
    They are saying it is taking longer than expected it will be processed in this week.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  5. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 24, 2019 :
    In my case many were keep on calling me and compramsing me.....

1st one person from banglore talked to me...

Then one lady from hyderabad team conversed with me yesterday and she said... She is the south regions head for solving issues...

She added that by Monday she will contact me and proceed me further with new device from new batch which will not have these issues...

I don't know wheather to trust her or not...

6. ramon288
    Eclair Nov 24, 2019

ramon288 , Nov 24, 2019 :
    That's cool, I'm just calling you out on the fact that this is supposedly an almost unavoidable issues with Amoled screens, when clearly it is not nearly as common in certain different models. I don't care that the screens of some other phones suck, I care about the fact that this specific model has widespread issues.

There's a reason the 7T has more screen complaints then the older 7 pro, the 7T pro and maybe even the regular 7 combined. It is not as common or unavoidable as you seem to imply, that's all I'm saying.

7. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2019

l3art , Nov 25, 2019 :
    Ok, just had a little chat with Oneplus support.

I asked them if it would make sense to exchange my second 7T for a third one, or if every 7T has more or less the tint issue. The first response was "with some devices it's more noticable then others".
    To clarify I asked him if this meant that every 7T device has the tint issue. Then answered that he, to be honest, didn't really know. So I asked him if there was somebody there who could give an answer to the question. Then he gave me a bit of a strage response. He said: "I don't have a really clear answer. It is something that usually occurs in dimmed/dark light and when the device is in night mode. It is your decision to take the pleasure of trying a refund from another third device".

Ok, thats not really an answer to my question. So I asked him how it's possible that he couldn't give me a clear answer. To me it looks like they are trying to avoid the answer that every 7T device has it more or less. Just like he sowhat said in his first response. But now he told me, he's going to aks other people and he'll send me an anwer tomorrow by e-mail.

So we'll see tomorrow.

malidan and vrm.viknesh like this.
  8. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 26, 2019 :
    Update us what happens without fail

l3art likes this.
  9. FullMetal98
    Eclair Nov 26, 2019

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Nov 26, 2019 :
    When I went in to service center in person to talk about replacement, the one handling my request verbally said that all the 7T and 7T Pro displays are this way and it is not an issue.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  10. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 26, 2019 :
    Yeah I was also constantly hearing the same thing that... It is not an issue...

But don't know how to use device in 50-60 % brightness in night time...

11. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2019

l3art , Nov 26, 2019 :
    Well, my question was not if it's an issue. That question won't take us anywhere because it's our word againt theirs. But if they can confirm the tint is there on every 7T (one device more then the other) then I know for myself the 7T definately is not going to be a phone for me.

Any news on this? Is there a new batch which is supposed not to have the tint?

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  12. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 26, 2019 :
    That hyderabad lady said she will call me by Monday.. But she request me one more day... That is she will talk to me today....

Let me say if she updates anything...

13. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2019

l3art , Nov 26, 2019 :
    As we speak I'm chatting with Oneplus. I've got the confirmation that every 7T will have the green tint. Some more, some less. A new batch is coming before the end of the year which is supposed not to have the green tint. But that batch isn't ready yet.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019

Dinerve and vrm.viknesh like this.
  14. L1574779113525
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2019

L1574779113525 , Nov 26, 2019 :
    I am from iran i want to buy this phone but due to this display problem i am afraid what do you think i can buy or not

shuvam3005 likes this.
  15. shuvam3005
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2019

shuvam3005 , Nov 26, 2019 :
    Sure you can, but that's totally subjective if your phone is going to come with the tint issue or not. More or less every 7t has it till now, some more serious some a little less. Mine does too, but it's not at all that visible unless I'm looking for it. Also I don't use night mode so yeah. It doesn't hinder my day to day experience. But if the reports are true and they're claiming that the new batch won't have the issue, I'd recommend you wait a little.
    As this phone is really good in it's segment and there is no doubt about it.

Dinerve and vrm.viknesh like this.
  16. vrm.viknesh , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 26, 2019 :
    Better don't buy.. Orelse you have to suffer like us...

Wait for OP8 and give a try to it

17. Dinerve , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 26, 2019 :
    My 2c, and peeps will bash me, that's BS: A bunch of tech addicts expecting reference hardware for (not so much) value price.

If specs and price point seem in line with your expectations, you should be happy!

Don't ask for advice in an issue thread would be my advice....

18. Dinerve , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 26, 2019 :
    Suffer....LOL

You bought your device at gunpoint?

Get a grip peeps!

19. l3art
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2019

l3art , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 26, 2019 :
    Like I said earlier today. Oneplus admitted today that every Oneplus 7T does have the green tint. Some more some less, but all have it. If you don't want it, don't buy it at this point but wait for the new batch which is expected before the end the year.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  20. dewynn
    Eclair Nov 27, 2019

dewynn , Nov 27, 2019 :
    It's sad to see that these issues still persist. this was a nice phone to use the time I had it but seeing as the replacement issued out are no better, I've long opted to switch for a refund and just keep my One Plus 6 until then.

This is quite off topic - but has anyone had experience with having a phone repair shop replace the battery on their One Plus 6? I'm thinking about doing just that to eek out more out of my phone for maybe a year more beyond 2020.

vrm.viknesh likes this.