Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

63.9%
  2. No

24.7%
  3. Kinda

11.5%
  1. packs05
    Froyo Nov 29, 2019

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  2. vrm.viknesh
    Eclair Nov 29, 2019

3. packs05
    Froyo Nov 29, 2019

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  4. vrm.viknesh
    Eclair Nov 29, 2019

vrm.viknesh , Nov 29, 2019 :
    There is nothing worng in trying once.... U give try to talk with them

5. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 29, 2019

6. Linus14.
    Eclair Nov 29, 2019

7. S1574530911146
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  8. SaiKrishna078
    Eclair Nov 30, 2019

SaiKrishna078 , Nov 30, 2019 :
    This is due to the finger print sensor which illuminates at less brightness. Remove the fingerprint sensor and check again that contrast disappears.

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  9. vrm.viknesh
    Eclair Dec 1, 2019

vrm.viknesh , Dec 1, 2019 :
    No it is not because of it... It is because of poor stabilisation of the Amoled pannel in the device...

10. F1520611303105
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2019

11. BeingIncog
    Nougat Dec 1, 2019

BeingIncog , Dec 1, 2019 :
    no it, doesn't it makes worse!!! worst display i've ever seen!!!

12. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 2, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 2, 2019 :
    Boys this uniformity is a common issue that shows when first phones from Samsung with Amoled arrive at the market. Things started to get worse and worse from s4 and note 3 up. Maybe because of the rising demand for this kind of screens and manufacturing challenges I don't know.

I have uniformity issues on note 3 and note 4 from Samsung and my last device with Oled Oneplus 3. Don't believe any explanation that this is some blue light filter :D this is nothing more than the manufacture of the screen and quality control problems. Oneplus, Samsung any phone with amoled can have this issue more or less.

They know about it and still sell it because ppl want Oleds no matter what. For example on Oneplus when ppl start replacing phones for 3,4,5,6 times starting from op3 becouse of screen issue do you guys believe that it can just get pass unseen for the company :D ? Maybe what do I know?

I return or resell all my phones with oleds :p sad that now there is no rlly alternative with LCD screen and I am sitting here considering my chances to get a good screen on Oneplus or Realme funny times. :p

Here is some more technical explanation on these issues
    https://www.ee.co.za/article/how-to-use-imaging-colorimeters-to-improve-oled-display-quality.html

Sorry for my english :p and ahh this is my second op 3 and screen in it:D

[​IMG]

Dinerve and M Power like this.
  13. Dinerve , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Amen brother!

14. B1574785688803
    Donut Dec 3, 2019

B1574785688803 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I bought this 7T last Friday for 559 euro's
    Date of purchase: 29-11-2019
    Location & Webshop: Coolblue.nl, The Netherlands
    Model: HD1903
    Production date: 10-10-2019, security patch update: 01-10-2019.
    Buildnumber: OxygenOS 10.0.6.HD65BA

...I was aware of the issue and I was hoping not to have it, but unfortunately I have it as well :( Gmail, Signal, Shelf, Google calender, YouTube...
    @David Y. It would be nice if Oneplus formerly addresses this issue, because it has been there since its launch. Stating it is not a quality issue and it does not hinder when using the phone feels a bit like degrading it to a level where you almost say it is the customer making it an issue. I don't want to believe that this is the way OnePlus deals with stuff.

Since the release of the OnePlus One, I have been hearing nothing but oohh and aahh about OnePlus devices and OxygenOS, and I wanted to try it for myself for a long time having had HTC phones as my HTC10 is slowly dying, so I am in desperate need of a new phone....This is my first experience with OnePlus, so I really hope you can shed some light on this long running issue and make it public how and when it will be fixed.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019

Nimish Naik likes this.
  15. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 3, 2019 :
    the issue is here since oneplus 3 which was the first Oled Oneplus : / here https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/hows-your-screen-tone-brightness-uniformity.453457/

but you can basically get it on any OLED screen new iPhones and Samsung too

its funny i find only one LCD alternative on snap 855 (not plus one)and it is a zenfone 6 xD but still something pulls me to op or realme why oh why : (

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019

16. B1574785688803
    Donut Dec 3, 2019

B1574785688803 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Maybe I'm not fully read into Samsung or iPhones, but I am not aware of any such screen issues as now on the 7T....at least, not on the scale as is present in the 7T now.

The only logical conclusion I can come up with is the 80-20 rule: 80% quality with 20% of the effort. Not every pixel needs the same current going through it in order to achieve the same luminance (and thus color), there is always some slight variation in every LED. You can fix it by extensive calibration and measurement in order to let a group of (sub)pixels omit the same luminance/color.

My educated guess is, since the panels come from Samsung, that the panels with the highest quality checks are reserved for the PRO versions (and of course Samsungs own flagships), and the 80-20-panel "leftovers" are reserved for the cheaper phones.
    But that is just a hunch. If that is the case, then why not be open about it and say that the pro models get the better screens, while cheaper phones get the lesser quality (but still overall very good) screens. Then you know what you are buying. Now, Oneplus leaves it in limbo....

Suddenly I'm starting to like the LCD screen of my HTC a lot more ;)

SaiKrishna078 likes this.
  17. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 3, 2019 :
    nope, same s**t but for higher price ofc many ppl don't even see this because they are so hyped about the phone and there is a idk 20-30 % chance to get a decent screen and after that, there is the same chance that you perfect screen will burn in :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/bwfdc3/display_uniformity_is_this_okay/ here is one s10

here some about burning oleds

and that one is kinda funny :D https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001370/

PS. htc u13 will have in-screen fingerprint that means Oleleled :D

B1574785688803 likes this.
  18. sajivraj555 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I am not that Lucky as you... Service centre as well as Oneplus denied my Replacement request.

But they agreed for free screen replacement.

But again I had to do multiple follow-ups for getting it done. I sent around 15+ follow up emails.

Device was at service centre for around 20 days, coz of the indefinite delay in receiving the spare display.

Received the device after replacing the display... but i was disappointed that it still had the tint issue, but in a different pattern..

I was desperate to get rid of this. So posted an ad in OLX. and sold it ASAP.

Bought a different smartphone which is much cheaper with SD855. Feel Much Better Now.

I am sure that I will not buy a OP device in future as I am totally disappointed with 7t and its service and Poor quality control...

Lamcza likes this.
  19. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 3, 2019 :
    what smartphone did you buy ?

20. Lamcza likes this.