Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

64.4%
  2. No

24.5%
  3. Kinda

11.2%
  1. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Lamcza

the issue is here since oneplus 3 which was the first Oled Oneplus : / here https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/hows-your-screen-tone-brightness-uniformity.453457/

but you can basically get it on any OLED screen new iPhones and Samsung too

its funny i find only one LCD alternative on snap 855 (not plus one)and it is a zenfone 6 xD but still something pulls me to op or realme why oh why : (

You maybe correct.

But, I have seen many Samsungs and OnePlus (except 7T) phones which don't have this "issue". At my workplace, there are around 25 non-7T OnePlus phones and 15 Samsung phones, none of which have this problem. Literally all the 7Ts I've seen (nearly 40) have this issue. Heck, my dad's S9, uncle's Note 9 and friend's S10+ have perfect screens. My 3T was perfect as well.

It maybe a common issue on the Samsungs and iPhones, but almost every 7T has this tint. Most people don't realize it, maybe we're looking too closely.

I was very much inclined to get the ZenFone, but the 128GB variant was never in stock (lol until I bought the 7T).

I got used to this tint (see picture of my 7T below) and stopped caring about it

. 1575393864227.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019

2. SaiKrishna078
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

SaiKrishna078 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    This tint diminishes comparingly as we switch to 60hz from 90 Hz. this could be due to low grade panel or something else which ruins the 90 Hz experience at dark mode.

3. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 3, 2019 :
    @G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY

can't believe with so many good Samsungs : d I check my cousin s9 with replacement screen 1 month old it was burning in already and he told me something like this :D "yea the last one was the same but I crack it besides that I read on the internet that this is normal for them to do that so whatever ".

Sucks that you need to get along with that screen idk if I can maybe i should go for assus straight :/.

@G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY
    W8 dude is it the photo or your screen is burn in on the top :eek: ? i mean do you use thath option to hide notch or is it just status bar ?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019

G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY likes this.
  4. packs05
    Froyo Dec 4, 2019

packs05 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 4, 2019 :
    its my first oneplus phone after using samsung s series phone. very disappointed from it. i send mail multiple time for this tint issue with photo nd video to oneplus care but not reply.

this phone have not only tint issue, but many apps have bugs. i heared oneplus listen customer's feedback nd solved their bugs through putting update.
    but its December nd the security patch level is 1 October.

5. G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 4, 2019 :
    Lamcza

@G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY

can't believe with so many good Samsungs : d I check my cousin s9 with replacement screen 1 month old it was burning in already and he told me something like this "yea the last one was the same but I crack it besides that I read on the internet that this is normal for them to do that so whatever ".

Sucks that you need to get along with that screen idk if I can maybe i should go for assus straight :/.

@G_Shashank_K_R_UfgY
    W8 dude is it the photo or your screen is burn in on the top ? i mean do you use thath option to hide notch or is it just status bar ?

It's just the status bar, no burn in. The photo is a bit blurry. There's no option to hide the notch on the 7T (yet).

Lamcza likes this.
  6. vrm.viknesh
    Eclair Dec 5, 2019

7. abdelrahmanelgamil
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2019

abdelrahmanelgamil , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Could you guys post the production dates and the model no. of the devices affected and also the devices that are working properly, so that we could know whether certain patches are bad and avoid them or it's just a matter of luck. Production dates and models HD19xx are at the back of the phone box.

8. Pavitrakumar
    Froyo Dec 5, 2019

Pavitrakumar , Dec 5, 2019 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...led-not-uniform.1122487/page-19#post-20992820
    tl;dr it's random. Although, I'd guess QC in India is a bit worse than the china ones.

9. giangy11
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2019

giangy11 , Dec 5, 2019 :
    I returned a Realme X2 pro to Amazon, with the same defect (and maybe the screen is the same of op7t)

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  10. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 5, 2019

11. mariusmuntensky
    Eclair Dec 5, 2019

mariusmuntensky , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Is the 7T Pro having the same problems? Anyone with the pro one or seeing the 7t Pro with the same problem?

12. giangy11
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2019

giangy11 , Dec 5, 2019 :
    the one I get was even worst than my 7t, also because the 'dark' theme in the colorOs has not a black background but it's dark grey..the same dark grey that shows all the bad things on the display

13. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 5, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 5, 2019 :
    :/

maybe you should write in there it can help some ppl to make the decision and I think in Europe we need to return realme to France on our own I'm not sure about it but they don't respond my question yet : o

14. abdelrahmanelgamil
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2019

15. vrm.viknesh
    Eclair Dec 6, 2019

16. AmitKumarDas , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Bro is your problem resolved? do you notice any display tint now?
    i am currently facing this issue but not this extreme what other users are reporting

17. TheJoker2795
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

TheJoker2795 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 6, 2019 :
    No, no problem in the new unit

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  18. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 6, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Got mine grey version 8/128 eu (07.10.2019) today there is slight discoloration but its good I say 7.5/10 or 9/10 if we count only AMOLED's. The bottom is slightly darker and because of that whites on very lows are getting slightly pinkish there but I can even take a solid picture of that and you need to look at it to see it so whatever: o I am surprised so far: o in a good way. Finally, I got some luck with oled? It seems strange xD.

[​IMG] here is that pinkish in 90 hz minimal brightness and reader mode live colors

[​IMG]

ok nope nvm after my google apps went on dark mode and i spend one evening with the screen I can see that it is faulty, lighter on the top and the bottom. so nvm :D

here is the screen on spotify dc dimming off
    [​IMG]

dc dimming on

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019

19. Carlosrl24
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2019

Carlosrl24 , Dec 7, 2019 :
    I got that tint on my first unit but the second one is muuuuuch better. I guess I got lucky taking in account that most of the 7t's have this problem. My advise: If you really want this phone like me because there is no alternative (90hz and flat screen with oxygenOS) get the phone on Amazon and ask for replacements until you get one which is okay.

20. SaiKrishna078
    Eclair Dec 8, 2019 at 1:47 PM

SaiKrishna078 , Dec 8, 2019 at 1:47 PM :
    In my OnePlus7T that tint vanishes I mean becomes much less when i switch from 90 hz to 60 Hz. What could be the reason. This kind of problem is faced by other phone users also like pixel 4 Asus Rog phone 2.
    This is Pixel 4

This is Asus Rog phone 2