Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

67.3%
  2. No

23.2%
  3. Kinda

9.5%
  1. BeingIncog
    Nougat Dec 8, 2019

2. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 8, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Idk for me, it is like whatever no difference between 60/90

i find some more technical info about uniformity it is called mura effect and it should be corrected after manufacturing process -.-

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019

vrm.viknesh likes this.
  3. B1574785688803
    Eclair Dec 9, 2019

B1574785688803 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Hmmm, for me it has been a week now since I sent my phone back. (already got the money back)
    I've tagged David Y. in my first post here about this screen issue and I've sent 3 mails to oneplus already, with no real answer. They sent me towards forums.oneplus.com/feedback but when I choose submit bug it won't show me any screen related categories, so I've chosen the other option "submit feature".
    Maybe it's because I'm new to oneplus community, but I would expect some reaction, even more after the 36-pages of users facing the same issue. When can we expect to hear anything from anyone within oneplus?

I feel a bit stonewalled, which I did not expect to find within oneplus, or do I have too high expectations?

vrm.viknesh and Lamcza like this.
  4. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 9, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 9, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

I'm packing mine 7t now so sad but this is just OLED quality issue or like ppl on Reddit say OLED lottery. We just lose in this lottery and it is how it is they don't care because every tech reviewer will give them a minus point for LCD and lack of fingerprint in screen and they never speak about burning in or uniformity so for them choice it's simple to use OLEDs no matter what.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019

5. vrm.viknesh
    Eclair Dec 10, 2019

vrm.viknesh , Dec 10, 2019 :
    They won't answer bro... Simply they will elongate the time...

Lamcza likes this.
  6. towe174
    Froyo Dec 10, 2019

towe174 , Dec 10, 2019 :
    I'm affected too. My Oneplus 7T is VERY bad left to right:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    while the 7T Pro seems to do much better, with only a slight top to bottom discoloration:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vrm.viknesh and Lamcza like this.
  7. AmitKumarDas , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Dec 11, 2019 :
    I got the phone on 1 Dec from amazon. Noticed this issue myself after a few days then found out about this thread ,was worried how replacement panel are being worse or a little improvement over the previous one so I hesitated at first but that display tint issue was so bugging to me at night that I had to go for replacement I told the amazon people about this thread also they were helpful.
    1st OnePlus 7T sample at low & light condition .It was manufactured in 10-2019
    *camera kind of adds a little tint makes it less darker tint but the actual tints are darker & lesser then the pic.
    1576038287040.jpg

1576038287082.jpg

got the replacement yesterday manufactured 11-2019, checked for that tint not to my surprise it is there but way lesser than the previous one & not that much noticable at low light, so I think I will settle for this 😅 unless I notice any other issue or if the tints gets worse in this return period.

1576038926176.jpg

1576038926234.jpg
    so the only conclusion I can make is that tint issue is widespread not just a few devices it's just few people have noticed it & many have not.

Attached Files:

Lamcza and vrm.viknesh like this.
  8. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 11, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Nice, try to turn on dc dimming in lab options on a panel where the issue is so small it may help mask it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019

9. B1574785688803
    Eclair Dec 11, 2019

B1574785688803 , Dec 11, 2019 :
    @AmitKumarDas , wow, I would settle for that ;) This almost asks for "research" to devices with a manufacture-date of 11-2019 to see if all devices have it ;)

@Lamcza , yeah, but I wonder if it is an OLED-issue only...I remember opting for the "panel lottery" when I purchased my Asus MG279Q monitor; those IPS panels also have severe uniformity issues. I once had to return 5 Dell U2713H monitors because they all had an overall green tint. I have an XRite i1Display Pro and while calibration turned out fine around 120cd/m2 and a target temp of 6506Kelvin, the second-last colorpatch of the software had an average Delta E2000 of 7, while all other colorpatches were spot-on, so the calibration report was nicely < 3....There you are with your perfectly calibrated monitor....having a green tint :(

But I can also not understand the OLED-hype....yes, blacks are endlessly better, but I care more about uniformity and color accuracy. My HTC10 and other HTC's have LCD's and they are just good! But I guess these days you are not a flagship if you don't tick the OLED-box....The world is more looking at specs more than the real quality of it...

By the way, my feature request/bug report already moved to page 11, which will never be seen by the Oneplus team I guess: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...areas-with-lower-brightness-settings.1151469/
    Seems that hope is flying out of the window. I really which Oneplus would communicate something...

Anyway, I won't be buying the OP7T until there is an absolute certainty that the second batches (that Oneplus will release hopefully before the end of 2019) don't have this issue. Besides this, you would still have to live with the sometimes unreliable autofocus of the main cam in certain conditions....but ok...

I'm starting to prep myself for accepting curved edges, so if the 7T is definitely a no-go, I will go for the Oneplus 7 Pro.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019

10. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 11, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 11, 2019 :

Yea, Lcd's can have some bleeding issues but in lcd this kind of issue is a manufacturing problem and they are just replaced or fix and you know for sure that you can get good lcd.
    In the Oled everyone pretends its Fine and no one cares. The saddest thing in this Oled lottery is that even if you get the finest panel of them all it can just burn in after a few months i don't say it will but it can : (.

11. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

kKoI1233 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    not sure what this OLED lottery is everyone is talking about

I have a 3 & 5 with top notch displays, I honestly cant remember a single time OnePlus has had a display issue such as this one ever before

but this year i hear iPhones, the new Pixels and the 7T all have these OLED issues

what has changed in the past year to cause this?

Lamcza and Nimish Naik like this.
  12. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Nothing, you just lose for the first time :D maybe because of years of ignoring the problem manufacturers think to themselves that quality of the screen doesn't matter and they can cut corners on quality control and calibration even more. So now you have even less chance to win. :D

I was having problems on galaxy note 3/4, oneplus 3 the problem is here for years ;P.

Here you have some interesting quote about galaxy series from this year

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81160955&postcount=6

So welcome to the real Oled world : D.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019

13. B1574785688803
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

B1574785688803 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    @David Y. can you please give any kind of response? Or anyone else from Oneplus? We have been kept in the dark long enough. We've submitted bug/feature reports enough, this topic is 36 pages long and still growing. Please don't keep us in the dark.

Lamcza likes this.
  14. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2019

kKoI1233 , Dec 13, 2019 :
    mhm, ic makes sense i guess XD

15. kaz04
    Eclair Dec 13, 2019

kaz04 , Dec 13, 2019 :
    I was planning to upgrade from 3T to 7T and then I found the display issues. Almost everyone is facing the green tint issue. Also, screen flickering at low brightness is talked about in some YT reviews. More than the tint issue I'm worried about the flickering as I mostly use my phone in a dark room. Can you guys confirm if it would be a wise decision to get the 7T now or wait for new devices to launch? But, I don't want punch holes and 5G (reason) that's the only reason I wanted to upgrade to 7T.

16. B1574785688803
    Eclair Dec 13, 2019

B1574785688803 , Dec 13, 2019 :
    GSMarena posted their long term review on the Oneplus 7T, and I really had hoped they would be the ones addressing this screen tint issue, but no, nothing! If anything, they frequently praise the screen for its excellent quality! Not even 1 person in the comment section of this review mentions it either :(

I guess us being gaslighted and stonewalled seems correct: we make it a problem ourselves. I'm so stupid not to see it :confused::confused::mad::mad:

Lamcza likes this.
  17. parag008
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2019

parag008 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Dec 13, 2019 :
    Very sad to see that even after this many users complaining about the issue OnePlus does not even care to respond.

I think OnePlus thinks that this problem is perceptual.
    if someone finds it then it's there if not then it's not.

I am lucky to get rid of this faulty device.
    for those who couldn't I feel bad.
    @David Y. should respond on this or @Pete should

Lamcza likes this.
  18. SufiyanMulla
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2019

19. SufiyanMulla
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2019

20. Advvinay
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2019