Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

68.5%
  2. No

22.0%
  3. Kinda

9.5%
  1. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Change the phone or keep replacing it if you are lucky maybe you will get good enough screen in between 3-6 swaps.

2. Alessandro_Anzini
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2019

Alessandro_Anzini , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Thanks, but how can they not solve this problem? on the lockscreen you can't see that green ...

3. Alessandro_Anzini
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2019

4. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 17, 2019 :
    This is the hardware problem they cant fix it. You can send it for replacing the screen but you can get better on or worse one OLED roulette.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019

5. Alessandro_Anzini
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2019

Alessandro_Anzini , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Thanks [e]263a[/e]️

6. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2019

kKoI1233 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Maybe wait for the screen panels to become purchasable and then replace em yourself, that's what I am planning to do in a year or so

7. HeeroML
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2019

HeeroML , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 18, 2019 :
    it's true that this is not a issue. I know that from other phones, even Samsung. it's not that big of a deal.

8. HeeroML
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2019

HeeroML , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 18, 2019 :
    that will not help at all. as this is a general OLED thing.

9. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2019

kKoI1233 , Dec 18, 2019 :
    depends on the situation, also depends on the quality and broker u get the replacement panel from.

for me its viable to open up my device in a year and mess around, lucky me

as for whether it makes a difference that depends on the quality control of the panels around that time and if ur broker is half decent u can keep returning till u win the OLED lottery

^alaz it would make a difference

10. Alessandro_Anzini
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2019

Alessandro_Anzini , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 18, 2019 :
    If I have to change the display by myself, and there is no defect on the new display, then the phone I bought has a defect from the factory and must replace it, there is no way I have to change it myself.
    I work in a service center (out of warranty) and I know that the OnePlus displays don't fall much in price.
    I bought the OnePlus 7T in October, if the colors of the panel on my device are badly seen, and on the model of a friend of mine no, they must replace it, stop.

11. kushalpandya
    Honeycomb Dec 18, 2019

kushalpandya , Dec 18, 2019 :
    Ok so I bought two OnePlus 7Ts (one for myself and one for my wife), with mine being Silver colored and her being blue, and my unit did have this tinting issue when I view a grey color in full screen while at 30-40% brightness (particularly in dark room) while my wife's unit is perfectly fine.

So I went through the hassle of replacement via Amazon (I was still within replacement window). Now I just got replacement unit an hour ago and that too has this issue and it is more prominent where upper half of the screen shows greenish hue for gray color background while lower half appears fine. I contacted Amazon again and they said they'd assign a technician again to visit and if problem is legitimate, they'd issue a refund instead of 2nd replacement.

As much as I love OnePlus as a brand and 7T being this really good product, this issue is disappointing. I'm not sure which phone to get now if Amazon does indeed issues a replacement. :(

12. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 18, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 18, 2019 :
    Get another blue one swap it for your wife phone!! If she sees the difference just Run! :D If not yea you get a good screen and you can keep your wife!

13. kushalpandya
    Honeycomb Dec 18, 2019

kushalpandya , Dec 18, 2019 :
    My wife did ask me if I want to use her phone as she looked at my phone's screen and tint in its current state doesn't bother her.

On the other hand, I noticed that if I enable DC dimming, the tint is gone, so I guess I'm gonna use it that way for a day or two to see if it is acceptable or not, I do have extended warranty as well as accidental damage protection done on my device so if it starts causing problem down the line, I'm gonna hit OnePlus Service center.

14. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

kKoI1233 , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Well yes ideally they should replace it but it turns out that nobody really seem to care for customers that much
    Sadly, but still true...

15. HeeroML
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

HeeroML , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 19, 2019 :
    It's funny how you guys completely ignore facts. You pay much less for this phone then other phones first. Second this issue even happened on top notch Samsung s9 S10 displays, this issue is only visible when directly focusing on it!

16. F1576729229046
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2019

F1576729229046 , Dec 19, 2019 :
    I want to buy oneplus 7t from oneplus.in...do the new units of op7t have the same display problem or they are solved right now?

17. kKoI1233
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

kKoI1233 , Dec 19, 2019 :
    What facts are you now talking about?

Yea I know it's happening on other OLED screens too, it seems to get worse every year from what I've seen and heard (THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING)

The fact that you don't see it doesn't mean it won't be an issue for others, that's called personal preference.
    Key word there being PERSONAL, some will be bothered more than others, it differs from PERSON to PERSON.
    That doesn't make it any less of a defect though, even if you're blind to it ,it's still technically a defect.

Lamcza likes this.
  18. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 19, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Amen, but it is not personal preference :D when you have issues this big like 7T.

@1576729229046

should be the same and I am not sure if anything will change later

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019

19. HeeroML
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2019

HeeroML , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 19, 2019 :
    no, it's a limitation of the technical side of the display not a defect. there is a difference [e]1f603[/e] it's like the new e cars have less range in Winter. it's not a defect, it's a limitation of the technic used

20. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 19, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 19, 2019 :
    Nah if you can produce few cars that range won't drop in winter lets say 30 % behave like that and 70% have various range winter drops so it is not a technical limitation its a defect of that 70 % of your cars.

We have a bunch of ppl even in here that state to have a good screen like @kushalpandya who bought phones for him and his wife and his was faulty even after exchnage and the other was good soo yea that's more like quality and lack of calibration to reduce that mura effect problem rather than technical limitation of the screen.

I mean this is just my opinion on this.