Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

68.5%
  2. No

22.0%
  3. Kinda

9.5%
  1. Q1576306105381
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2019

Q1576306105381 , Dec 31, 2019 :
    I reordered mine. I had the 7peo for a week and just think the 7t feels and looks much nicer (no curves and less weight). I'm hoping for a better screen on the second try!

2. Lamcza
    Eclair Dec 31, 2019

Lamcza , Dec 31, 2019 :
    you get bad screen on 7 pro ?

3. B1574785688803
    Eclair Jan 1, 2020

B1574785688803 , Jan 1, 2020 :
    I also ordered a 2nd 7T one month after my first one just to try out my luck: manufactured date of 2019.10.12, QC: 0306N. Guess what? Green tint as well :mad:
    I've agreed with the webshop that I can exchange my 7T with a 3rd one that has a newer manufactured date and QC number.
    If 3rd time isn't a charm, then I will not even consider oneplus in general anymore. I will wait for xiaomi or something else. I will keep you posted!

Oh a big tech website in NL (tweakers.net)addressed the issue and asked some questions to Oneplus about this issue, but they received the same reaction as here on the first page: it's not a defect and it does not hinder the functionality of the phone.

Well, there are consistent at least.... Consistent in not solving issues...

4. kushalpandya
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2020

kushalpandya , Jan 1, 2020 :
    You're less likely to get 3rd one without any screen issues, I shared a few posts in this thread about my experience. I visited OnePlus Service center 2 weeks ago (instead of going through replacement cycle with Amazon again) and there the official told me that problem (or artifact?) is that the screen on OnePlus 7T is unique combination of 90Hz & HDR10 in AMOLED that comes at this cost. I haven't had a chance of checking out Realme X2 Pro personally (which has the screen with exact same features), but if Realme's screen is immune to this problem, then it is just screen manufacturer of 7T that's producing these faulty panels.

Off the record, senior engineer of OnePlus Care center I visited suggested me to wait for a couple of months and revisit the service center again and in case the replacement panels no longer have this issue, they can replace my screen under warranty without any charge. So for now, I've chosen to live with this, and in my case, turning DC dimming on makes this a non-issue (with a slight trade-off of inaccurate colors on really low brightness).

P.S. The unit I have currently was manufactured in December 2019.

5. Lamcza
    Eclair Jan 1, 2020

Lamcza , Jan 1, 2020 :
    I get my zenfone 6 yesterday. System is like clean android almost and even it is only 855 not 855 plus and memory is ufs 2.1 not 3.0 just look at this oO

[​IMG]

Lcd screen is flawless xD f**k oled and 90 hz

Edit: new info about zenfone it has huge ram management issues.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020

6. B1574785688803
    Eclair Jan 1, 2020

B1574785688803 , Jan 1, 2020 :
    I have no reason to believe what oneplus is saying. To a Dutch tweaker-friend they said there would be a new batch before the end of the year not having these issues. Your representative says that it is inheritance of the 90hz+hdr10 combo...
    What else do we get to hear?

There is no new batch without this issue and when putting the phone in 60hz, the problem still exists.
    The OP7 Pro and 7T Pro both have hdr10+90hz as well and there are no issues...

When these are the arguments next to the utter radio silence, oneplus is not coming across as trustworthy...

My only guess is: they just don't want to fix it.

l3art likes this.
  7. Q1576306105381
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2020

Q1576306105381 , Jan 2, 2020 :
    No 7pro looked great but the phone is too heavy for me. Sent it back for a second 7t and this one looks much better. Getting a little light bleed in the top left but it is barely noticeable this time around.

8. W1578047470398
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2020

9. B1574785688803
    Eclair Jan 7, 2020

B1574785688803 , Jan 7, 2020 :
    I would keep you posted...

My 3rd and final try:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next week, I'll be eagerly waiting on the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro!

10. Lamcza
    Eclair Jan 7, 2020

Lamcza , Jan 7, 2020 :

I'm gonna cry : ( and my Asus zenfone 6 with flawless LCD is killing my apps and multitasking sucks on it and support is like "yea we know it works as planned what do want from it !" :D There is no phone for me in there time to get back to my nokia n-gage classic !

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020

11. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

Vampire006 , Jan 8, 2020 :
    i purchased it on 1-1-2020 ...and i stared noticing green tints on my device ..this is my first one plus phone..i'm very disappointed now 7t.jpeg

SufiyanMulla likes this.
  12. B1574785688803
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

B1574785688803 , Jan 8, 2020 :
    I have a difficult time sorting out what you mean...So you had the same experiences with the OP 7T and now you went for a Zenfone 6 because of the LCD and now you are still not satisfied?
    Maybe wait for the Galaxy S11 or the Mi 10 Pro; expecting LCD's in the high-end segment does not seem very realistic since everyone demands AMOLED for that price range (by the way: i don't know why either, because high quality LCD's are just fine. Look at the iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11. All fine). But Asus proves it can be possible though ;)

If you think of it...what makes a Oneplus 7(T)(pro) so much different than a galaxy S10e or Mi 9T Pro? They are pretty fast all three of them. They have an ultra wide and main cam...The only thing that keeps me pulling to Oneplus is the fluidity and customizability of OxygenOS, not its hardware. If the Mi 9T Pro had better speakers, and if you can let go of OxygenOS, I don't see a reason of not considering the Mi 9T Pro.

Ditching the 3,5mm plug while the majority voted to keep it, using glass allover while the majority voted metal body...I think that time is over and we just have to realize that.

What is your manufactured date and QC number (it's on the back of the box)? Not that it helps, because if anything is consistent then it is that every batch seem to have it ;)

13. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

Vampire006 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 8, 2020 :

B1574785688803

I have a difficult time sorting out what you mean...So you had the same experiences with the OP 7T and now you went for a Zenfone 6 because of the LCD and now you are still not satisfied?
    Maybe wait for the Galaxy S11 or the Mi 10 Pro; expecting LCD's in the high-end segment does not seem very realistic since everyone demands AMOLED for that price range (by the way: i don't know why either, because high quality LCD's are just fine. Look at the iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone 11. All fine). But Asus proves it can be possible though

If you think of it...what makes a Oneplus 7(T)(pro) so much different than a galaxy S10e or Mi 9T Pro? They are pretty fast all three of them. They have an ultra wide and main cam...The only thing that keeps me pulling to Oneplus is the fluidity and customizability of OxygenOS, not its hardware. If the Mi 9T Pro had better speakers, and if you can let go of OxygenOS, I don't see a reason of not considering the Mi 9T Pro.

Ditching the 3,5mm plug while the majority voted to keep it, using glass allover while the majority voted metal body...I think that time is over and we just have to realize that.

What is your manufactured date and QC number (it's on the back of the box)? Not that it helps, because if anything is consistent then it is that every batch seem to have it​

mfg - 09-2019

how do i find Qc Number

it's really heart-wrenching to see such problem on 7t

should i go for a replacement or refund

14. M.SufiyAn
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2020

M.SufiyAn , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Replacement wouldn't help u out and i dont think refund option is also available for such issue. Its been said that its normal, its not an issue and later if it's an issue, then based on ur history of services they would increase the warranty and would help the customer, which i think is total non sense, such service they can't offer now, how the heck would they offer later, lost hopes, lost trust, ONEPLUS = MOBILE (TOP OF THE NOTCH), SERVICE (TOTAL TRASH ANYWHERE).

Be ready ONEPLUS 7T USERS to waste lots of money in the future!

Vampire006 likes this.
  15. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

SufiyanMulla likes this.
  16. M.SufiyAn
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2020

M.SufiyAn , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 8, 2020 :
    I understand, im sticking to one plus from 4 years and going on just for the oxygen os amd its charging capability, but now just lost hopes and trust totally and i dont think i would prefer oneplus later anymore

7T WAS MADE TO BE AN UPGRADE, INSTEAD IT TURNED OUT TO BE A DOWNGRADE.

17. B1574785688803
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

B1574785688803 , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Like I said: it's on the back of the red box below the manufactured date.
    I should not go for a replacement because there is no guarantee you get a screen that doesn't have this tint. I would go for a refund and just leave the Oneplus 7T for what it is.

If you definitely want to have oxygenOS and you don't mind the curved screens, go for the OP7 Pro (with or without the T). Otherwise, I would check Xiaomi as they are doing great business with the Mi Note 10 or the Mi 9T Pro.

Believe me, I'm just as disappointed as you. In fact, this is my very first Oneplus experience, while I have been lurking around (also here on the forums) since the beginning. I always had HTC phones and I really wanted the Oneplus-experience. Boy, did that turn out to be an extreme disappointment: bad phone for 3 times, total radio silence on the issue, no reactions or followups on Oneplus side...

harsh1682, Lamcza and Vampire006 like this.
  18. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

19. FullMetal98
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 8, 2020 :
    If they deny the refund, which they most probably will, as they are doing it with many others mentioning stupid mindless reasons, you will have no other option as far as I know.

I got one replacement, which was worse than the first, and submitted for refund more than 2 months ago. still no proper response from the service center and when I complain to customer care about the poor communication from service center, they say that my request can't be accepted in the first place.
    Truly waste of money and waste of time. Been a customer for 3 years and never a faced an issue, so didn't have to go through this. But if you face an issue that is uncommon you will have to forget about valuable time and money.

I have been trying to reach the Center Manager for 3 days and he keeps on ignoring the calls and replies with a message saying that he will update the next day. The same story repeats endlessly
    At this point, I feel like I am at the mercy of the service center which is not at all a good thing

Vampire006 likes this.
  20. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

Vampire006 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 8, 2020 :
    morning i emailed the one plus team..and they contacted me in the evening via phone... saying this not an issue .this won't effect any daily use..if u feel this isn't good you can go to a service center and get your device diagnosied ..

and after seeing all these posts now i feel like why i purchased this phone..

Lamcza likes this.