Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

68.0%
  2. No

22.3%
  3. Kinda

9.6%
  1. Lamcza
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

Lamcza , Jan 8, 2020 :

Nah, My screen in zenfon 6 is perfect like I expected from LCD but system and multitasking disappointed me a lot. It cant even keep my apps overnight in ram... just force close them by unknown reason.
    It is just sad that I need to choose between a good system and a good screen :/. Maybe someday op will release some little monster with LCD screen.

Vampire006 likes this.
  2. JCool3y
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2020

JCool3y , Jan 9, 2020 :
    I shouldn't have purchased this phone . I got a silver one. 128 gb with 8 gb ram and had the green tint issue. I've sent it to service center and they are replacing screen but I know it's going to be the same, worse, or a lil better but still visible. I'ma get my refund from them directly since I ordered from website. Ive had 5t, 6t, and now 7t and prolly won't get another t or any 1+ nomo.

Vampire006 likes this.
  3. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 9, 2020

4. Z1577200302152
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2020

Z1577200302152 , Jan 10, 2020 :
    Today I've sent my OPO 7T for warranty fixing or replacement.
    I am using my device for web and application testing and this tint was changing colors way to much.
    It is said that this device should have like 86% of RGB coverage, while mine has like 20%.
    The rest was changed to green, so it was impossible to work on it.

OnePlus should address this issue and start fixing/replacement program.
    Most on OPO users are powerusers who are well aware of how device should behave.
    It ios not like mid range Samsung who are bought by random people and they can be told: "that's fine".
    This is not fine at all.

Fingers crossed my exchanged or fixed device won't have that problem.

Lamcza and Vampire006 like this.
  5. JCool3y
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2020

JCool3y , Jan 11, 2020 :
    Got mine back today from being repaired directly by OnePlus and it's worse. NEVER SETTLING for this shit again, I asked for refund and am going to buy another phone with the refund cash. OnePlus wrong for not acknowledging and fixing this problem SMH.

Lamcza likes this.
  6. Z1577200302152
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

Z1577200302152 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    They fixed it and now its worse? Come on.
    Maybe send it back again.
    If there are some OP7T which has good screen there is option to fix it.
    So, OP what is wrong with this?
    How about fixing all faulty devices and make Yourself good marketing?
    While not admitting there is problem You loose Your future buyers.

7. Y1571971549698
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2020

8. B1574785688803
    Eclair Jan 17, 2020

B1574785688803 , Jan 17, 2020 :
    I ran a youtube video that is used to prevent screen burn-in (the one with all the pixels and colors) on full brightness for over 8 hours, and it seems it does not do anything green-tint, negatively or positively.

If you have the issue just let it fix it or refund, because oneplus will not fix this: All its focus now is on the Oneplus 8 series and this issue has been present since the launch of the 7T and done nothing except for stating it is not an issue.

I'm beginning to see the reason why Samsung did not put 90Hz on their S10/Note 10 series and let Oneplus try first since Samsung creates the screens for Oneplus ;)

9. MahmoudJamal
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2020

MahmoudJamal , Jan 19, 2020 :
    Hello.
    I'm from Egypt and thinking of buying oneplus 7t. We don't have a oneplus store or amazon here so I'll buy it from another country probably the UAE and have it shipped to me. Here is the problem after reading this thread I'm actually scared because if I got a defective unit replacement won't be an option since I won't be able to return it. So here are my questions
    1. If i got a defective unit, is the problem that bad or is it something minor and you can live with it?
    2. Most of people here are complaining of the indian version 1901 or the global 1903. But the device I'll buy is the Chinese 1900. Are there any reports with issues with it as well?
    3. Should I forget about the 7t all together and just go for the regular 7? Since I don't prefer curved screen.
    Thank you

10. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 19, 2020

Vampire006 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 19, 2020 :
    finally we got cheated .. nothing to do... never buy one plus by seeing YouTube reviews or shitty advertisements.. the worst display ever... 0.5 don't buy 7t..i lost my money.. finally One Plus Settled

my friends don't buy 8 at the launch.. it comes with 120hz.. may have tint issue...

shafeek shajahan likes this.
  11. FullMetal98
    Eclair Jan 19, 2020

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 19, 2020 :
    The issue is random. For few it was drastic and for few it was unnoticeable. It's basically a lottery pick when it comes to issue.

I am in India. I have submitted my device for refund 2 months ago. I have no proper communication from the service center and customer care till now. They are not even confirming if I am eligible for the refund or nor. The center manager assigned for the case straight away ignores the calls and there is nothing I can do. When I visit the center and ask for the Manager they say that he is in a meeting and can't discuss at the moment.

I am trying to say that even if you have a point of contact in the same city, the situation is worse.
    Seems like the customer service is getting bad.
    I would suggest you wait.

Many have got refund smoothly in less than 20 days. But then there are some cases like me.

I don't understand why this is so random.

Guess you have to make a decision based on the replies on this forum.
    I would suggest you read this complete thread for more cases.

Lamcza and Vampire006 like this.
  12. MahmoudJamal
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2020

MahmoudJamal , Jan 20, 2020 :
    So what do you think.
    Oneplus 7T with green tint issue or
    Oneplus 7 pro with proximity sensor issue

13. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 20, 2020

14. FullMetal98
    Eclair Jan 20, 2020

FullMetal98 , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 20, 2020 :
    Not sure about the 7Pro proximity sensor issues.
    Its something you have to decide.

15. FullMetal98
    Eclair Jan 20, 2020

16. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 20, 2020

17. im_harsh09
    Froyo Jan 21, 2020

im_harsh09 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 21, 2020 :
    yes .. the same case with me.. I purchased device yesterday.. should I be worried??

18. Vampire006
    Eclair Jan 21, 2020

Vampire006 , Jan 21, 2020 :
    welcome to the club..my friend...

harsh1682 likes this.
  19. FullMetal98
    Eclair Jan 22, 2020

FullMetal98 , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Can you please specify the Manufacturing Date and Batch number of the device you have received ?
    I got to know that the devices from November last week or december are rectified and the issue is no more on the phones.
    I was informed this by a person from service center.
    Want to confirm if this is true by any chance.
    It would be very helpful if you can provide this information, so I can question the personnel in service center accordingly