Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

68.2%
  2. No

22.2%
  3. Kinda

9.6%
  1. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 5, 2020

Dunnow , May 5, 2020 :
    I don't have a 7t :(

A coworker of mine has, not used it much but never noticed anything weird on the screen. I did notice how much better the display was compared to the 6t though. Not color perse, but with the oled blacks responsiveness. In the 6t they kinda "bleed" when being moved, while on the 7t is much better

Edit: Another coworker got an 8pro, when the covid-19 thing goes away i'll check that out and see how it goes. Gotta say I was thinking on going for the OP9t but if those prices keep going up I won't be getting one... OP has become a major player, and I'm happy for them, but still think the price is way higher than it should be..

BeingIncog likes this.
  2. SufiyanMulla
    Gingerbread May 6, 2020

SufiyanMulla , via OnePlus 7T , May 6, 2020 :
    While the OnePlus 8/8 pro display tint issue can be fixed with a software update, then why oneplus didn't focus on OnePlus 7T when some or most of the users faced the issue? And why the team hasn't done something yet for that issue?

3. KathiravanJLR
    Gingerbread May 13, 2020

KathiravanJLR , via OnePlus 7T , May 13, 2020 :
    this is unacceptable

Raven1337 likes this.
  4. KathiravanJLR
    Gingerbread May 13, 2020

gowthamselva3 likes this.
  5. K_Iyer
    Donut May 24, 2020

K_Iyer , May 24, 2020 :
    Even I got my phone replaced with brand new one ... But guess what ...... I started facing same issue again ...

KathiravanJLR likes this.
  6. K_Iyer
    Donut May 24, 2020

K_Iyer , May 24, 2020 :
    Only thing which u can do is change model... Because they don't have any permanent solution for this bro..

KathiravanJLR likes this.
  7. KathiravanJLR
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

KathiravanJLR , via OnePlus 7T , May 24, 2020 :
    [e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]☹️

8. Raven1337
    Eclair May 26, 2020

Raven1337 , May 26, 2020 :
    So nothing new? They just excusing and looking away from this problem. This may my last OP too.

K_Iyer and Gitiaru like this.
  9. Mritunjay.
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

10. Gitiaru
    Froyo May 28, 2020

Gitiaru , May 28, 2020 :
    Unfortunately for me, my phone presented the green tint issues on the top section of the screen.

After talking with support , the device was sent to the repair center under warranty, came back with another screen but worst than before.

Made a complaint about the repair, waited more than 2 weeks to the device to be picked up again to go to the repair center once more.

this time repair center emailed me stating that the device couldn't be repaired and advised replacement of the device.

I immediately contacted Oneplus support asking for a timeline for the replacement.

After lots of emails and hours in the support chat demanding some kind of explanation and delivery timeline, nothing, just simply plain nothing.

The support team is so strange in a way I really cannot understand, every contact same questions, same script speech, without solutions, don't give definite answers, just bumping to another agent or to a higher team.
    It almost seems there is no client history or database, most of them didn't sincerely know that my device was repaired, some even asked me if my device was delivered to me when it was still on the repair center. Like no kind of tracking of the clients complaints or repair.
    Never even once any repair request was visible under my account, or any update to the repair it self on the oneplus website.

A month has passed since my initial complaint, nothing, not even some email or message reassuring that they will replace the device, something to ease my mind out of this.

Instead out of nowhere between emails demanding explanations and device replacement requests, I receive my phone again with a paper report from the repair center saying that the device had been software updated, that same device the repair center stated couldn't be repaired. But still no statement from oneplus, just an script speech from the support team : "we relate to your concern, your case was redirected to the proper team and you will be contacted. your understanding will be appreciated"

Keep getting a script like speech that my case was escalated to a higher team, and nothing and decide to leave me in doubt.

The video below was made with my phone side by side in comparison with another 7T with a normal screen, same os version, same settings, same theme same everything.
    My device screen overall resolution is worst than a normal screen, it is not just the discoloration and green tinting.

cannot seem to have a decent or any response from oneplus, starting to panic a bit.

so disappointed I can't explain.

I still have my hope in oneplus, and has a long term client i do believe this might be just a problem caused by all this craziness from the pandemic.

This post is my last resort under comprehension in mind of the difficulties that the company might be living, but i cannot stand this anymore also.
    Has a client I feel i'm being ignored, disrespected and fooled.

Last edited: May 29, 2020

l3al3ienox3 likes this.
  11. ashwyn7
    Eclair May 29, 2020

ashwyn7 , via OnePlus 7T , May 29, 2020 :
    Hello,

I just purchased a new one plus 7t phone a 6
    1590723204013.jpg

1590723204036.jpg
    days ago here in Mumbai. Since the time I have been using this phone I have been noticing a greenish tint on the Top half of the display and on the second half the tint is more of a reddish color.

This can be seen at various brightness levels but it is more obvious on a low brightness level.

Also this tint is visible on white backgrounds and it is really interfering with my user experience of using any page with a white background. The whites on my device is very uneven, green on the top and reddish in the second half.

I called the service center and they are saying that now due to the lockdown here in Mumbai everything is closed, I am worried that later they might refuse to exchange saying many days have passed.

Please help me guys, I would like to know if this tint issue is common for others to on white backgrounds. Is this a common thing on AMOLED screens Or is this a hardware defect? Should I ask for replacement? Do you think they will entertain me for a replacement after the lockdown, as they might say many days have passed by..

Really sad after paying so much hard earned money, very unhappy with this device..

12. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Jun 1, 2020

Serbian Overlord , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Not to open new thread but this phone (7T) has some of the worst discoloration I've ever experienced in a phone. Ridiculous.

13. MikeMp
    Honeycomb Jun 2, 2020

14. ashwyn7
    Eclair Jun 2, 2020

ashwyn7 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I would suggest you to do your research properly before taking a decision to buy this particular 7t model, as clearly a majority of the consumers who have purchased this phone is facing an issue with the display.

Really bad display on this phone, I'm really regretting my decision to buy this phone, had I knew this phone had so many problems I would have not have purchased only this phone.

After paying so much, we get a rubbish product, the company never advertised the phone to be like this.

They are cheating, even their customer support is useless. They don't respond or help in any way.

My screen is having such bad discoloration and tint which is clearly visible in white backgrounds, so unpleasant to use.

15. MikeMp
    Honeycomb Jun 2, 2020

MikeMp , via OnePlus 6 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Very unfortunate indeed. The 7t is the only cheap model available in the store. 7t pro and Op8 are expensive for me.

16. ashwyn7
    Eclair Jun 2, 2020

ashwyn7 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Yes that's true..

I for one am very disappointed with the device. Not getting the new phone vibes I usually get.

The problem for me is that there are no service centers open her where I live, due to the covid 19 pandemic, so I'm unable to take this phone to the service center.

But any which ways is a dead end for me now I feel, as even I take it to the service center I am not sure they will give me a replacement, as many have complained that one plus is denying it to be an issue.

Also if I do manage to get a replacement there is again high chances I will get a phone which has the same issue all over again, as this problem is very widespread..

I am looking forward to sell this phone now..

17. Didusieq
    Donut Jun 2, 2020

Didusieq , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Just RMA your phones. Mine just got back from the service, display is fine now.

18. ashwyn7
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

ashwyn7 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 3, 2020 :
    In India there is no RMA service available sadly... Otherwise I would have done that the first thing..

Today again I called the service center and they have the same recorded story to tell me. They say that everything is closed due to covid 19.

I understand that the situation is critical in the world at the moment, but what I don't understand is that one plus is just not ready to come up with some sort of any type of solution. At least revert to us by email, they don't even reply by email here.

I don't know if this is that case all over the world of only here in India..

Really sad situation..

19. Muneerism
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2020

Muneerism , Jun 8, 2020 :
    facing the same issue even in June 2020 , have placed a replacement request on Amazon, let's see how the replacement is , waiting for it. will update after the replacement arrives.
    1591637069339.jpg

20. ashwyn7
    Eclair Jun 9, 2020

ashwyn7 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 9, 2020 :
    Luckily u purchased on Amazon, at least the is replacement option on Amazon..

I purchased from an offline shop and now I am stuck..