Display OnePlus 7T display tint issue - uneven OLED (not uniform)

?

7T users : do you notice display tint problems on your device?

1. Yes

68.2%
  2. No

22.2%
  3. Kinda

9.6%
  1. TheJoker2795
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2020

vsvvsvsvd likes this.
  2. ashwyn7
    Eclair Jun 29, 2020

ashwyn7 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 29, 2020 :
    Just got a replacement unit from one plus and this too has a the tint on the upper screen. Just little less and at a different place on the screen from the earlier one.

I am convinced that almost every phone has this issue. I will ask them to give me a refund. i am sure they will not agree, but i will try and see, no harm in trying..

plus this lockdown is making things more difficult, here in Mumbai all service centers are closed, only one is open in Vasai district, which is very very far to travel and out of the way, with pick up and drop it takes almost 10 days to get a resolution which is very sad. Also there is no point in asking for a replacement because the new one wasn't be any better or it might even be worst.

I have heard that some people are reporting that the one plus 7t current beta software reduces the tint, but i am not sure how true it is. I like this product a lot and want to keep it big this tint is putting me off. Really sad about this...

If the 8pro ring could be solved, then why are they not solving the problem for the one plus 7t?? Or is the issue on the 7t different from the 8pro?

So many questions but no answers from one plus, really sad..

But any of you guys have any answers please let me know, would be thankful..

3. Parth_Udawant
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2020

Parth_Udawant , Jul 6, 2020 :
    is it still working flawlessly?

4. Parth_Udawant
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2020

Parth_Udawant , Jul 6, 2020 :
    Did you got your screen fixed?

5. kroxkr
    Eclair Jul 26, 2020

kroxkr , Jul 26, 2020 :
    Hey that's my reddit post you're talking about when you say about the beta update, i can confirm the Open Beta 6, reduces the tint a lot, almost making it sort of uniform, its much less noticeable now, however present, they'll likely be able to do away with it altogether eventually.

6. ashwyn7
    Eclair Jul 28, 2020

ashwyn7 , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Hi... Thanks for your reply... happy to know that the tint has been reduced and I hope that they are able to solve this issue soon..

kroxkr likes this.
  7. Leo100
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

Leo100 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    <please read> I bought my OnePlus 7T few days ago. It's like, it can do almost anything you throw at it, effortlessly, like a breeze, it's so pleasant to use.

Except this display. Not gonna lie, never seen a display so damn pretty. But the light shade. Let me explain:

1. Use Gboard, with their material dark theme
    and you'll notice a light shade on the navigation bar.

2. Use the app called Simplenote in dark mode.
    There is a very light tint/patch in the bottom, and normal grey on top.

3. Google Clock. It's there too.

My question, should I exchange the device? Coz first, it's lockdown and I don't know the status of service centre or Amazon care. Second. Software update. Can anyone on open/closed beta comment about whether software can fix this. Pls help your brother out.

@TheJoker279 I invite for your comments.

8. 0402Aman
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

0402Aman , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Do check your phone for display issues...most of the phones they are selling are of Oct Nov 2019....and white colour is a bit more yellow... though it is somewhat yellow on amoled panels....but it's more....and there is a red/green tint issue..which is visible only at 30 % brigtness and dark grey background.... Same with many op phones IMG-20200809-WA0001.jpg IMG-20200809-WA0000.jpg IMG_20200809_211024.jpg

9. groohm
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

groohm , Aug 10, 2020 :
    So that screen issue has never been fixed? I was thinking of buying one but I'm lost now...

10. Z1597664526503
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2020

Attached Files:

11. 0402Aman
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2020

0402Aman , Aug 26, 2020 :
    I ordered a replacement unit from Amazon of op7t due to display tint and black crush issues....the replacement unit also has that....not gonna waste anymore time on this... atleast I learnt a lot about OnePlus now....what they are doing...
    update:I researched a lot about this and found that higher refresh rate Amoled OLED display technology is not at its peak.... manufacturing is too difficult.....even some error can produce many issues.....these issues are happening with many phones and even some OLED TV's....these tint, black crush, Banding,uneven issues can only be reduced if each display is calibrated....just like Apple and Sony do with their products....this will increase the phone cost for sure...but High end companies like OnePlus must adopt this and enhance display calibration.... otherwise it will depend on people's luck which issues they face and how much bad it is on their device.... because tint issue also differs on all....some have too much while some less tinting and crush issues

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020

12. Shah.alam9
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2020

Shah.alam9 , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Can anyone see these pics and tell if my device has a tint issue . im confused posting both screenshot and pic from other phone.
    1601980010167.jpg

1601980010201.jpg

13. ssaisreenivas
    Eclair Oct 6, 2020

14. l3al3ienox3
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2020

l3al3ienox3 , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Not sure if this is still an issue, but I saw a reddit post that flash open beta 6 can fix the tint problem. Can anyone confirm that please? Thank you! I'm thinking about getting the 7T. My previous 3T has a shattered screen and OP refuses to fix it due to "lack of inventory". Thank you!